PDA

View Full Version : A couple simple ideas for the patch...

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey, I am new to these forums, but I love IL-2 FB. I have some ideas that seem like they would be easy to implement for the single player game in IL-2, and I hope they can be considered, thanks in advance.

First: I think that the ranking system in regards to aircraft numbers should be changed. Instead of gettin a different number every mission, how about each pilot keeps his number in respect to his rank within the entire squad. So if I was ranked 7th in the squad, it wouldn't matter what postion I was in on the mission, my number would still be 7. This could be done by military rank, and by number of kills. In each rank, the person with the most kills in that rank gets the highest number in that rank. As you progress in rank, your number goes lower and lower, until your become squadron commander then you are 1.

Second: Why oh why do I get a mission failure which requires a refly, when I shot down three enemy planes, got hit, then bailed out and safely made it down to earth on friendly lines. It really should be changed that you must relfy only if you are killed, or captured. What could happen is the pilot that bails out away from their field, could miss a couple missions, so that they arrive back in a longer amount of time than it already is between missions. This would be a particularly appreciated fix if it is done.

Well those are my two ideas. I am not sure how hard they would be to implement, but seeing how the development team does such a beautiful job on those fine looking WW2 aircraft, I hardly believe that this could be that hard. Thank you in advance, and I hope you take these ideas into consideration.

Cheers

Black Tulip

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey, I am new to these forums, but I love IL-2 FB. I have some ideas that seem like they would be easy to implement for the single player game in IL-2, and I hope they can be considered, thanks in advance.

First: I think that the ranking system in regards to aircraft numbers should be changed. Instead of gettin a different number every mission, how about each pilot keeps his number in respect to his rank within the entire squad. So if I was ranked 7th in the squad, it wouldn't matter what postion I was in on the mission, my number would still be 7. This could be done by military rank, and by number of kills. In each rank, the person with the most kills in that rank gets the highest number in that rank. As you progress in rank, your number goes lower and lower, until your become squadron commander then you are 1.

Second: Why oh why do I get a mission failure which requires a refly, when I shot down three enemy planes, got hit, then bailed out and safely made it down to earth on friendly lines. It really should be changed that you must relfy only if you are killed, or captured. What could happen is the pilot that bails out away from their field, could miss a couple missions, so that they arrive back in a longer amount of time than it already is between missions. This would be a particularly appreciated fix if it is done.

Well those are my two ideas. I am not sure how hard they would be to implement, but seeing how the development team does such a beautiful job on those fine looking WW2 aircraft, I hardly believe that this could be that hard. Thank you in advance, and I hope you take these ideas into consideration.

Cheers

Black Tulip

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 02:34 AM
Good ideas Black Tulip, I agree with #1, as most pilots during WWII had their 'own' aircraft which they flew most commonly, unless it was out of order. Actually it is possible to do this now, choose 'markings off' and use your own skin, though I would like to see the AI aircraft do as you say also, but it would likely be quite difficult to implement.

As to #2, I believe that is already possible just as you describe (better even), you must Uncheck (turn off) 'No Instant Mission Success' in the realism settings.

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 04:23 AM
Even with the "No Instant Success" I got two kills, bailed out safely, and landed safely in friendly territory. How is it that I have to refly the mission, I don't see how that works. Like I said before, you should only have to refly if you get killed or crash land or bail out over enemy territory. About number two, I know you can use your own skins, but I just think it would be cool if it was dynamic without the user having to tinker with it, and I still dont see how it would be that difficult. Because if you are ranked number 6 in the entire squad, your plane has a six on it no matter what. If they can rank the planes in order on the specific flights, then I dont see how hard it would be to use that rank system in regards to the entire squadron instead of just the single missions. If I am mistaken, I would like somebody in the development team to enlighten me. I would understand if they told me it was too difficult, but as I said, logically it just seems like it wouldn't be that hard. Anyway, thanks for the reply Lignite.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Nobody else likes the ideas? I guess they aren't that important, and I wouldn't want to have the development team working on something that isn't the most important at the moment. I just hope they are considered. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Yep I like the idea that you wont have to refly the mission if you bail on friendly territory.

Sometimes it is frustrating to game one mission over and over again just because your engine dyes out 30kms from base or so /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 12:27 AM
^ exactly, I know it would be hard to make it like it was in real life where if a pilot bailed out say 30 km from his base, he had to find a way to get back to his air base. Instead of that, the date can just change for a longer period, instead of the normal time between missions. That would be great.

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
i think perhaps the capture or not captured thing should be reduced to an at most 70% probability

as it is you lose your engine over enemy territory then try and get past the mission you get captured automatically

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 03:21 AM
I think that is how Red Baron was. If you went down over enemy territory, you had a certain percent chance of escaping back to your lines or getting captured. Despite the graphics and antiquity of the game, Red Baron was one of the most well made games in the simulation genre. I guess it is pretty hard or unlikely to get a response from someone that is actually on the development team, I just hope they look at all the threads and take each one into consideratin, that is, if the idea seems logical =). Hope these humble ideas of mine find their way onto the next patch or onto future ones. *crosses fingers*

Cheers

Edit: Also, andother thing that Red Baron did well, was the ability to transfer to a different squadron, or to be automatically transfered due to your skill. That would be cool too.

Message Edited on 07/28/0303:07AM by Black__Tulip