PDA

View Full Version : Why should I use DCG instead of Dgen ?

rijnton1944
02-26-2005, 05:48 AM
No, my question is not meant to be ironical.
But what are the advantages over the default Dgen ?

rijnton1944
02-26-2005, 05:48 AM
No, my question is not meant to be ironical.
But what are the advantages over the default Dgen ?

WWSensei
02-26-2005, 07:50 AM
The advantage to DCG is one of it's disadavantages. It's much more flexible than DGen. I also find it brings much more atmosphere to the game since there are other missions besides your own happening. Having so many options can make it a bit intimidating to the new user but there is excellent support from the author at www.lowengrin.com (http://www.lowengrin.com).
It's options screens pretty much allow you to tweak your campaign to your hearts content to adjust for the type of action you prefer or to tone things up or down so your system can handle it.

I find it much more bomber friendly than DGen. Lowengrin also has been very supportive of his program and generally fixes any bugs encountered quickly...

To make a rather broad statement I'd say when I fly a DGen campaign I feel I'm flying a campaign the way the author of DGen thinks I should fly it compared to DCG where I feel I'm flying a campaign the way I want to fly it.

dieg777
02-26-2005, 08:11 AM
DCG campaigns are more dynamic I feel that when playing them my actions have some effect on outcome whereas stock Dgen on long campaigns tends to throw up repeat missions and front lines seem to move regardless of your actions.
Only drawback is that DCG tends to take longer to generate missions but that might just be my settings