PDA

View Full Version : Need help with byzantines taking dens back

Cornik22
12-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Could anyone explain this to me, because it seems that I don't really get it. I love to sneak in templar controlled areas to kill the byzantine captains and reclaim the dens for the assasins. So the idea is that, if you become too notorious, byzantines will attack those areas to try to take the dens back, so you have to play the den defense minigame to keep control if you win or loose it if you don't. From what I understood, if you don't try to reclaim the den by playing the minigame, after some time byzantines will be in control of the area again. Problem is, this never happens.

I have had two of my dens under assault for like 2 full sequences, but the byzantines never seem to fully take the dens back. And to be honest, I don't really want to go there, replay the den defense and loose on purpose everytime I want them to control the area. I guess I'm missing something, so could you guys help me?

AnthonyA85
12-05-2011, 07:40 AM
This could be a bug, but i'm not sure (we'll probably only see 1 patch for this game)

It could be that, in oder for the Temps to retake a den, you havea to go to that contested den and when the prompt comes up asking you if you want to defend it, click on "Decline" and the Temps should automatically retake the den.

Cornik22
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
There is no such option, unfortunately. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif This is really annoying, I wonder why noone has noticed this.

S-EVANS
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
you can start the den defense game running, but dont place any units or anything and just let them take it over that way. Ive never lost control of them either i had 3dens contested near enough my entire first playthough.

Cornik22
12-05-2011, 01:00 PM
If you are right (and I think you are), then what we were told was a LIE. According to the developers, one of the cool new features was that templars could take your dens back (unlike in Brotherhood), but this is not true. All they can do is siege them, but the dens will NEVER fall unless you intervene.

They said "If you dont like the den defense minigame you don't have to play it, just let the templars retake the den and then kill their captain". FALSE. The only way to lose them is to play the minigame and loose playing it or loose on purpose, which means you have to play the minigame either way. Bad move, Ubisoft. All you had to do was give the player something like 30 minutes to react, otherwise the den should be lost. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif