PDA

View Full Version : 46 Luftwaffe Guided Missiles how-to?

jamesdietz
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been playing a good mini campaign featuring the Ta-183 Jet ( lovely kite) equiped with wire guided missile & yes I can control them with my keyboard arrows..they work fine ,if somewhat exaggerated ...but due to perspective (?) & depth perspetion problems I can't seem to get a hit with them. I launch from different ranges from directly behind the B-29 targets but they seem to run low.I correct a bit & then they start to climb...correct down & about this time I've lost perception of just where they are located between me & the target ...throw in left & right corrections & now i have all sorts of new problems.I tried diffent locations on the gunsight during launch ( again directly behind target...from as far away as 4.0 to as close as about 1.5) and problems persist.I knew I never could hit a d___n thing with the mortar tube launchers , but I did have high hopes for this new technology& yet all I am is frustrated..I'm costing the Reich a bundle in wasted expensive shots! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Aaron_GT
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I find them a pain too. I usually end up flying about 700m to 1000m and firing them unguided directly at the bomber, letting the proximity fuse take the strain. If you can get close it is often a one explosion kill at proximity like that. You can at least stay out the way of the worst of the defensive fire of the B29s that way, and it's not really worth trying to use the Mk. 108s at 700m. Unguided you can fire off a whole load of them into a dense formation and make some gaps in it. With a whole load of wingmen engaging in the same tactic at about 1000m it would be very effective, I think. Sort of defeats the object of the wire guidance, but like you say, you can't really determine the depth very easily in the game.

jarink
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I've only tried them a couple of times, but here's what worked for me:

Keep the missle centered on the target plane.

Since the missle has a huge speed and maneuverability advantage over it's target, the only thing you really need to worry about is being in range. This method works even if you're not firing from directly behind the target. The missle will fly a "pursuit curve", but will still impact (or at least come close).

Make small corrections. Make these corrections as soon as you see the missle starting to move off target. Yes, I know it's not quite as easy as I'm making it sound! It really is something that takes practice.

berg417448
04-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by jarink:

Keep the missle centered on the target plane.

This is exactly what I do and I have had very good luck with it.

LStarosta
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Or you can download a 3rd party utility.

AKA_TAGERT
04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
ROTFL

DKoor
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Out of four missiles that TA-183 carry I'll score with at least 2 if not more... most of the time.
I fire them at around 2,5-3k from target, while flying level with target.

Two things of utmost importance.
If you fly directly head-on and level or directly from 6 o clock and level, you'll score.
If bombers keep their heading thru your rocket run, you'll score.

If not, you can score only with lucky shots.
Initial good aim is essential, only slight compensation works good.

NSAdonis85
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Things to keep in mind:

1)no matter of your position in the air, they'll always gonna be moving relative to the ground (this is a game bug!)

2)the maneuvering controls have 0 and full deflection only

3)max range is 3500 meters by my experience with them

4) just keep them on the target, you'll be able to hit your target in any perspective to them

shahram177
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
So it's like using an etch-a-sketch. Just look at it as a 2D instead of 3D!
Cool!

VW-IceFire
04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I usually line up behind the target bomber, put the gunsight on the bomber and then bring the nose up slightly. Fire off the missile...usually you have to correct a little bit but I try and make it so I'm correcting only in the vertical and not horizontal.