PDA

View Full Version : A cool new idea I thought up...

Runninback405
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm extremely excited for AC2 just like all of you. After watching the E3 demo, I started thinking about how in AC1 you only assassinate the 9 main people. Assassinating regular guards isn't as fun.

I love going after these guys (the main targets) and taking them down, but it happens too little in the game. Only 9 times is not enough. I always find myself loading a pre-save to do one of these assassinations, but I have to go through the whole annoying process of getting information and sitting through those long talks that Altair has. So since my favorite part of the game is planning out your assassination and executing it, I think this would be a cool mode.

I thought it would be cool if Ubisoft added a mode where it was just an assassination. It would say "Here's your target, kill him." Now it won't be the same kill over and over. After each level you'll move onto another one that might have a different setting, or maybe tougher guards, or guards placed in tougher-to-assassinate spots. They can add all kinds of things around the area so you can have a lot of fun planning your kill and watching it unfold in front of you.

The assassinations in AC1 felt so diluted because of all of the other crap like investigation and long, boring cutscenes (that aren't skippable!). This mode would be awesome because it is assassinations, and only assassinations--the best part about Assassin's Creed.

So what do you think? Good idea or bad? Vote on the poll.

Runninback405
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm extremely excited for AC2 just like all of you. After watching the E3 demo, I started thinking about how in AC1 you only assassinate the 9 main people. Assassinating regular guards isn't as fun.

I love going after these guys (the main targets) and taking them down, but it happens too little in the game. Only 9 times is not enough. I always find myself loading a pre-save to do one of these assassinations, but I have to go through the whole annoying process of getting information and sitting through those long talks that Altair has. So since my favorite part of the game is planning out your assassination and executing it, I think this would be a cool mode.

I thought it would be cool if Ubisoft added a mode where it was just an assassination. It would say "Here's your target, kill him." Now it won't be the same kill over and over. After each level you'll move onto another one that might have a different setting, or maybe tougher guards, or guards placed in tougher-to-assassinate spots. They can add all kinds of things around the area so you can have a lot of fun planning your kill and watching it unfold in front of you.

The assassinations in AC1 felt so diluted because of all of the other crap like investigation and long, boring cutscenes (that aren't skippable!). This mode would be awesome because it is assassinations, and only assassinations--the best part about Assassin's Creed.

So what do you think? Good idea or bad? Vote on the poll.

drfeelgood8849
06-06-2009, 12:03 AM
there should be an "i don't care" choice.

Tela
06-06-2009, 12:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Runninback405:
This mode would be awesome because it is assassinations, and only assassinations--the best part about Assassin's Creed.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very much debatable. &gt;_&gt;

I don't think it's a good idea. They might give the option to skip cutscenes, but it seems rather pointless to me to have a mode where you just assassinate targets over and over again. Sounds more like a combat-based game. Where would the story be in that? -_-'

obliviondoll
06-06-2009, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
there should be an "i don't care" choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Astalano
06-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, they added those already. Sort of like bounty missions, with money rewards at the end. ^^

DearDirty
06-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Honestly I don't think it will be an issue in AC2. The whole thing is different. The investigations gameplay has been changed so it won't be like AC1.

New paradigm bro.