PDA

View Full Version : install order and patches

jwalk2c
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Hello,
Let me apoligize for what I know has probably been discussed before.I did a search on install order and can't find the post if it has.
I have just bought the FB Gold Pack and PF .
Not sure what versions they are.Bought new from Best Buy and EB.
I have been playing FB Gold Pack and it plays very smooth .
Only problem I have is sometimes my plane hits the ground and just bounces around.
However somtimes it does explode.
But I can live with that, game is so great and
on a 3 ghz p4 with only a low end AGP $100.00 128mb inVida chip 5700LE card it runs very good.
I am using a older Epox 865 chipset motherboard using pata hard drive connection,
and Audigy 2 ZS.
I have 1gb Crucial memeory.
I played FB before on a 1998 computer,
can you imagine the difference I am experienceing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I could not belive a flight sim could be this good.
Please excuse my rambling , but I have a need to express the joy of finaly being able to play this game. (IL*2 and FB have been sitting on my shelve for a long time gathering dust)
My question is I would like to do a clean install of FB,AEP,PF.
Which patches do I use? And what order do I patch?
I can't find the version of PF because I have not opened it yet.
I looked on cd of FB and AEP but don't see versions listed?
I don't plan to play online untill I get more practice in, so offline is fine with me.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Johnny Walker

jwalk2c
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Hello,
Let me apoligize for what I know has probably been discussed before.I did a search on install order and can't find the post if it has.
I have just bought the FB Gold Pack and PF .
Not sure what versions they are.Bought new from Best Buy and EB.
I have been playing FB Gold Pack and it plays very smooth .
Only problem I have is sometimes my plane hits the ground and just bounces around.
However somtimes it does explode.
But I can live with that, game is so great and
on a 3 ghz p4 with only a low end AGP $100.00 128mb inVida chip 5700LE card it runs very good.
I am using a older Epox 865 chipset motherboard using pata hard drive connection,
and Audigy 2 ZS.
I have 1gb Crucial memeory.
I played FB before on a 1998 computer,
can you imagine the difference I am experienceing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I could not belive a flight sim could be this good.
Please excuse my rambling , but I have a need to express the joy of finaly being able to play this game. (IL*2 and FB have been sitting on my shelve for a long time gathering dust)
My question is I would like to do a clean install of FB,AEP,PF.
Which patches do I use? And what order do I patch?
I can't find the version of PF because I have not opened it yet.
I looked on cd of FB and AEP but don't see versions listed?
I don't plan to play online untill I get more practice in, so offline is fine with me.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Johnny Walker

Art-J
04-24-2005, 08:56 AM
1) Install FB
2) Install Aces Expansion Pack
3) Install PF (during instalation choose "merged" option in order to have all FB,AEP,PF content available at once during gameplay)
4) go to the patch links page, and download patches: 3.03m ("m" stands for "merged"!), then 3.04m

5) Plug and play!

Cheers.
Art

jwalk2c
04-24-2005, 11:44 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifThanks so much for the easy to follow instructions.
I apprecaite all the nice people at this forum.
Johnny Walker