PDA

View Full Version : Character voices



Zineus
07-07-2007, 09:13 AM
idk if this has been posted before, but. Does every character have differend voices?

iAltair
07-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I have really no clue but I believe every "unique character" - which talks - has their own voice. But I doubt every NPC in the crowd will have their own, I think many will have the same. Same goes for the military.

Boromir323
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
They will all have different accents and dialects and so on, but they could be all voiced by the same group of actors, like in Oblivion.

deskpe
07-07-2007, 10:40 AM
check imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932936/) it says two fo the characters voice actors, and also thet girl from veronica marsh is voicing someone

fiso16
07-07-2007, 12:39 PM
What about Altair, what kind of voice will he have? will he even talk much during the game? He seems like the quiet type to me.

Mowens1984
07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Alta´r is voiced by actor Philip Shahbaz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Shahbaz

MrMoo333
07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I wonder if the talking cut scenes will be like KotOR 1 and 2 where you get to pick what you say, each option has a negative, posotive, or nuetral correlation on their disposition to you... WOW those were big words http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif im proud of myself http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Zineus
07-08-2007, 03:46 AM
ty 4 ansver. never thod i would get any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mowens1984
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I would like if there was some sort of method of bribing as Oblivion has but mix it up a bit.

Maybe some people give you info. Some you have to pay. Some either don't know or refuse to say. And maybe others would alert the guards.

Of course, I know this wouldn't make it into the game, especially since they've never mentioned gold/currency being in the game at all. (which I find odd no one has ever asked about)

I wouldn't mind having some sort of gold system if they could make it useful and creative.

MrMoo333
07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Is there going to be like gold/currency used in AC? There http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I asked espacially for you!

ThePheonix1030
07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Mowens1984:
Alta´r is voiced by actor Philip Shahbaz
I was the first to say that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gifI forgot which thread I posted it in, though...

MrMoo333
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I haven't heard of him till now, does anyone know if he's a good actor? Or if he's like a newbie

sireatsalot91
07-09-2007, 12:04 AM
do you think that because this is set in Jerusalem and the Middle East and stuff that the actors will speak in that language? that would be reall, but...I have trouble learning languages quickly and i can't read subtitles that fast, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

cooldude6681
07-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
do you think that because this is set in Jerusalem and the Middle East and stuff that the actors will speak in that language? that would be reall, but...I have trouble learning languages quickly and i can't read subtitles that fast, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I read that the characters will speak in their native tongue, but you can press the head button (<span class="ev_code_yellow">(Y)</span> or (<span class="ev_code_green">&Delta;</span>)) and Alta&iuml;r will translate everything you hear into English (or whatever language your country speaks).

TheTrojanPig
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mowens1984:
I would like if there was some sort of method of bribing as Oblivion has but mix it up a bit.

Maybe some people give you info. Some you have to pay. Some either don't know or refuse to say. And maybe others would alert the guards.

Of course, I know this wouldn't make it into the game, especially since they've never mentioned gold/currency being in the game at all. (which I find odd no one has ever asked about)

I wouldn't mind having some sort of gold system if they could make it useful and creative.


thatd be cool or you could threaten people for information like hold a knife to their throat would be wicked

MrMoo333
07-09-2007, 12:27 AM
CHAOS THEORY! haha

sireatsalot91
07-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
do you think that because this is set in Jerusalem and the Middle East and stuff that the actors will speak in that language? that would be reall, but...I have trouble learning languages quickly and i can't read subtitles that fast, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I read that the characters will speak in their native tongue, but you can press the head button (<span class="ev_code_yellow">(Y)</span> or (<span class="ev_code_green">&Delta;</span>)) and Alta&iuml;r will translate everything you hear into English (or whatever language your country speaks). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks man, i was gettin worried there for a second, lol

boogymonster199
07-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I wonder if the talking cut scenes will be like KotOR 1 and 2 where you get to pick what you say, each option has a negative, posotive, or nuetral correlation on their disposition to you... WOW those were big words im proud of myself

oblivions talking is like that too, id like that

"you look suspicouse, what are you doing in this part of town"

1.just taking a stroll.
2.im here to listen to (target name)'s speach.
3.[give 10 gold coins] wheres (target name)?
4.[poke with wristblade]wheres (target name)!

MrMoo333
07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Yea, that'd be sweet, and I really think it would fit in with the whole assassin part of the game, the planning part that is

TogaLive
07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
They will all have different accents and dialects and so on, but they could be all voiced by the same group of actors, like in Oblivion. Exactly what I was going to say, all you need is a few dialects and the same actors and a good mixer and you could get literally thousands of decernably individual voices.