PDA

View Full Version : help a brother out here

allholyllama20
02-18-2005, 07:46 PM
k i need a little help over here i just installed the game right. looks cool everthing is going well then BAM it tell me wrong disk, and this error message. so i pop in the other and then it says wrong disk. is their suposed to be 3 disks? the error reads as folowing

pf.exe - application Error
the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). click on OK to terminate the application

help me what do i have to do to play this wonderful game of yours

allholyllama20
02-18-2005, 07:46 PM
k i need a little help over here i just installed the game right. looks cool everthing is going well then BAM it tell me wrong disk, and this error message. so i pop in the other and then it says wrong disk. is their suposed to be 3 disks? the error reads as folowing

pf.exe - application Error
the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). click on OK to terminate the application

help me what do i have to do to play this wonderful game of yours

EnGaurde
02-18-2005, 07:52 PM
make sure your system is at least what is specified on the box.

kill off all your anti virus software before installing, make sure you close all the programs that sit resident in memory.

go to the microsoft site, and make sure your windows is updated properly.

make sure your cd is a valid copy, not sourced from " a friend".

EnGaurde
02-18-2005, 07:54 PM
also, do a google search on "cd wont recognise" for ubisoft games.

there is a setting you may need to apply to your cd player, as the copy protection can refuse to see your cd. im sorry i just cant think of what its called.

i used to have that, but its fixed after i altered that phantom setting...

Crash_Moses
02-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I've had that error a couple of times also. I did some searching and discovered that it might be related to a problem with the CD-ROM drive (either bad or headed that way). Also, I ran across a couple of posts suggesting that the authentication software doesn't like DVD-ROM drives. If you're using a DVD-ROM drive you might want to pop in a regular 'ol CD-ROM drive and see if that fixes it.

steve_v
02-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Ubisoft Solution Center (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10061&p_created=1099077749&p_sid=3_uGGxsh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTQmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbmw mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9ODgmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9MTEyOCZwX2Nhd F9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=)