PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements toned down from AC1? [Solved]

ARandomKid
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I'll leave it up, but this was me being stupid as usual and can be ignored.

---

At least, that's what I'm seeing...feel free to correct me on this, though...

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Assassin's Creed

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card
HDD Space: 12GB
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0

Minimum Configuration AC2:

* SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista®(32-64 bits)/Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
* Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
* Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
* Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller

GariStz
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
First of all, those are NOT the original AC1 requirements!

Second, what do you think? AC2 uses the same engine as AC1 with some changes. What? You expected it to require 3.0 Ghz Quad Core processor?

Also, "dual core processor" is not the same as "core 2 duo"!

"AC1 - 2GB RAM minimum req"? C'moooon...

In patch 1.1 the directX 10.0 support for AC1 was removed...or at least the log of the patch says so.....

And finally, the HDD proves that those AC1 req's that you've posted are not the original - 12GB free space?! What the....the game requires only 7 GB! AC2 is the one that will require more, because its has more cities, more content...

And even if the requirements are lower than the AC1's, I'm happy, because it means better optimization for the PC port... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FiskMunk
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
It might?
In that case, there could be a possibility that it's rather well-optimized.
Especially with this new Online Service of theirs, that will allow people to download their stored save files from Ubisoft servers?

Come to think of it, it actually does sound rather nice to be able to continue playing your game on a mediocre laptop away from home, after having played it a couple of hours at you gaming rig - Of course, you'll need a constant internet connection even after downloading the save files on just a couple of Kb's, but who complains? Oh wait...

ARandomKid
01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by GariStz:
First of all, those are NOT the original AC1 requirements!

Second, what do you think? AC2 uses the same engine as AC1 with some changes. What? You expected it to require 3.0 Ghz Quad Core processor?

Also, "dual core processor" is not the same as "core 2 duo"!

"AC1 - 2GB RAM minimum req"? C'moooon...

In patch 1.1 the directX 10.0 support for AC1 was removed...or at least the log of the patch says so.....

And finally, the HDD proves that those AC1 req's that you've posted are not the original - 12GB free space?! What the....the game requires only 7 GB! AC2 is the one that will require more, because its has more cities, more content...

And even if the requirements are lower than the AC1's, I'm happy, because it means better optimization for the PC port... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yeah I don't know where the heck they got the 12GB from. >_> Apparently the guy (who was comparing the thing to Crysis) used the Vista requirements to inflate the specs making the game seem outrageous. Now that I've found the case my game came in which mentions the real requirements, this topic is no longer necessary.