PDA

View Full Version : Too Loud Flak Explosions

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Every once in a while, a water based flak shot comes in FULL volume through the audio chain. Its loud enough to damage your ears if you are using headphones or a powerful sound system turned up for the normal sounds.

My sound settings are mimimal, 44.1, audio enhancements on,
16 channels, surround speakers.

Anybody got a fix for this besides inserting your own stereo audio limiter into the signal path?

/i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Every once in a while, a water based flak shot comes in FULL volume through the audio chain. Its loud enough to damage your ears if you are using headphones or a powerful sound system turned up for the normal sounds.

My sound settings are mimimal, 44.1, audio enhancements on,
16 channels, surround speakers.

Anybody got a fix for this besides inserting your own stereo audio limiter into the signal path?

/i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif

Buzz_25th
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I jumped a foot off my seat the first time I heard it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm in full agreement. Can you submit a bug report on this?

I had my sound on kinda low when the KABOOM! hit and blew me outta my chair. We were playing a BOB map with lots of ships firing their guns, but were pretty far away. My subwoofer just went offscale high for about 1 second. This happened probably three times over an hour.

Or is there some other tweak to "fix" this?

* SithSpeeder *

http://members.cox.net/ijhutch/_images/forumlogo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Well, searching around, this appears to be a common problem not fixable by settings, etc. I guess it wouldn't hurt to send in an official bug report on it though I think that 1C is already aware of the problem.

Happened to me over and over in the moutains map while near a mountain lake. At that point, it was happening very often.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Ok..I thought that was what that horendous boom was..I dont mind it that much though except when you get the rapid firing ones that go BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM...I think its a YAK or p39 flinging heavy lead at me...

"I am a hunter. When I have shot down an Englishman my hunter's passion is satisfied for a quater of an hour."
-Manfred Von Richtoffen

" I fear no over heat 'till the needle on both guages hits the nine...Then it's too late."
-Me

Me to the Smithsonian; "Wanna sell your 190D??"