PDA

View Full Version : Some features that most likely will make it to AC3...

GeneralTrumbo
12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay, most of you have probably already seen this. But, here are some features that made it into ACR that shows this poll to have been legit. The ones that WEREN'T done may find their way into AC3.

Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN"S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running. - Done(Hookblade)

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc. - Done mostly(Eagle Sense)

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world - Done(Bomb crafting)

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.) - Done(Different types of crafting)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district - Done mostly(Mediterranean Defense)

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy - Done(Ezio going to Constantinople)

8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.) - Done mostly(Daniel Cross in Revelations multiplayer)

9) Online Cooperative Mode

10) Offline Cooperative Mode

11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer - Done(Duh)

12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets - Done(Multiplayer)

13) Playing new Multiplayer modes - Done(Duh)

14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.) - Done(Once again..)

15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.) - Done(Once again..)

Doesn't seem like much is left to put in AC3..but hopefully some of those others as well as a bunch of new will make it into AC3.

GeneralTrumbo
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Opinions?

Lass4r
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm confused... was these options in a poll before the release of AC:R? And they did pretty much all of it? Well, I'm sure they probably have loads of new ideas by now, so no worries =) I would still prefer a 2 year cycle though...

GeneralTrumbo
12-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Lass4r:
I'm confused... was these options in a poll before the release of AC:R? And they did pretty much all of it? Well, I'm sure they probably have loads of new ideas by now, so no worries =) I would still prefer a 2 year cycle though...

Yes. This poll was released almost directly after AC:B. The poll came in December. This is legit.

DavisP92
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
coop of course, that would be the main thing from that list i am looking forward to other then a new assassin. Ohh and actually I'd like to see another upgrade to the hidden blade, maybe for coop provide the option for the two assassins to have either the hookblade or my idea of the wire-blade. :P. idk, but i would really like a wire blade haha.

ohh and coop moves and assassinations.

Bring bow and arrows in the game.

Have no more lock on system for ranged weapons, this would make it more challanging and entertaining if we could shoot a guards leg and make him limp so he couldn't follow us or run away. A lot can be done with that, lets say I have a bow and arrow and i shoot an arrow at a guards arm and now he is pinned to a wall or at his foot and he can't move. or to a horse if they bring it back, making the horse freak out and the guard gets dragged by the horse

more planning and more assassinations.

JumpInTheFire13
12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I like the idea of a bow and arrow. They could even evolve eagle vision so that the Assassin could slow down time, like Dead Eye in RDR or the VATS system in Fallout. And I really want multiplayer co-op.

ProdiGurl
12-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Ok but why is a bow & arrow so interesting? The crossbow essentially does the same thing (shoots an arrow) & it's easier.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 03:18 AM
No, a crossbow shoots a quarrel! ; )

There's no point in a bow and arrow anyway, not with a crossbow. Personally, I don't even use the crossbow anymore.

ProdiGurl
12-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Prodigurl:

Ok but why is a bow & arrow so interesting? The crossbow essentially does the same thing (shoots an arrow) & it's easier.

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
No, a crossbow shoots a quarrel! ; )

There's no point in a bow and arrow anyway, not with a crossbow. Personally, I don't even use the crossbow anymore.

Ok close enough lol I doubt anyone getting shot with either of them will be caring which is which.

I use the crossbow mostly on Rooftops & in missions where I can't be detected - which is often

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Actually a crossbow doesn't do the same thing. 2 things I can think of are, a bow and arrow can kill more then one person with one release. Crossbow can't. And you have more range with a bow and arrow.

Some ppl only want the crossbow, some don't care and some like me want a bow and arrow, ibis oft should just provide the option to use them or not. It would add more variety prodigirl u should play pl, or search ac wiki for an african assassin that trained under ezio you'll see how he used the bow and killed with it, which he couldn't have with a crossbow.

Side note, on pl there is a 3 member team of assassins, the leader who used a hidden crossbow launcher instead of a gun, a female assassin who was skilled in poison, and an African assassin who was a master with a bow. Coop should be similar to their story

LightRey
12-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Actually a crossbow doesn't do the same thing. 2 things I can think of are, a bow and arrow can kill more then one person with one release. Crossbow can't. And you have more range with a bow and arrow.

Some ppl only want the crossbow, some don't care and some like me want a bow and arrow, ibis oft should just provide the option to use them or not. It would add more variety
Depends a little on the types and the skill of the user, but in general you're right.

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Ty for agreeing with me, I would like to see ubisoft take AC in a direction that gives more opportunities and lets the player decide what type of assassin they are.

That brings up my other idea about how armor should have weight. If it does, and ubisoft allows the gamer to chose more armor or not. Then more armor should add risestence/defense rather then health, yes that means health will always be the same. If u wear armor u move slower both I'm combat and navigation but has its own animations and with no armor u move faster both in combat and navigation while having different animations.

Also medicine shouldn't instantly heal the assassin. yes it's more realistic, but after seeing my friend play ACR if medicine wasn't a magical fix to a person about to die then the game would be more challenging. Some ppl say well don't use it, but most ppl will use it if it's there.

Referring to adding more options there should be more to the hidden blade, let's say I choose to have a now and arrow instead of a crossbow and I want to be the completely silent assassin. There is an alternative to the gun, the hidden crossbow. Another idea like the hook blade is the wire blade, I'd like ubisoft tho to fix the animation with the hook blade tho. It's somewhat lame that u stab with a hook haha.

More types of poison, sleeping if u don't want to kill, or a poison that makes a guard kill someone but not die so he would be blamed. Things like that

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Crossbows are more likely to kill more than one person... they are much more powerful, afterall :s

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 08:13 AM
More powerful (depends on the crossbow I think, either way if it's like vlad's then it takes longer to shoot and reload) but have no range when compared to a bow, and can't hit multiple targets with one release.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Ty for agreeing with me, I would like to see ubisoft take AC in a direction that gives more opportunities and lets the player decide what type of assassin they are.

That brings up my other idea about how armor should have weight. If it does, and ubisoft allows the gamer to chose more armor or not. Then more armor should add risestence/defense rather then health, yes that means health will always be the same. If u wear armor u move slower both I'm combat and navigation but has its own animations and with no armor u move faster both in combat and navigation while having different animations.

Also medicine shouldn't instantly heal the assassin. yes it's more realistic, but after seeing my friend play ACR if medicine wasn't a magical fix to a person about to die then the game would be more challenging. Some ppl say well don't use it, but most ppl will use it if it's there.

Referring to adding more options there should be more to the hidden blade, let's say I choose to have a now and arrow instead of a crossbow and I want to be the completely silent assassin. There is an alternative to the gun, the hidden crossbow. Another idea like the hook blade is the wire blade, I'd like ubisoft tho to fix the animation with the hook blade tho. It's somewhat lame that u stab with a hook haha.

More types of poison, sleeping if u don't want to kill, or a poison that makes a guard kill someone but not die so he would be blamed. Things like that
Sounds interesting. Could make the gameplay much more dynamic. However, if they do do this, there should be some sort of standard option, so that players don't have to make choices they don't want to be bothered with.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Different types of poison is a good idea! (I do kind of wish that poison would work like it does in the ACII demo video where the target's guard gets poisoned and actually kills him, rather than just knock him out of range of any attacks -__-)

Options such as:

-being able to hold onto guards after stabbing them so you can drag them to a hiding place (like Yusuf's assassins do at the party)

-being able to hide behind objects

-citizens being able to summon guards if they see you kill, randomly depending on whether they are scared enough to go into "I didn't see anything" mode. They could also be thrown a few coins to stop them.

-please get rid of people randomly spawning ON me. The amount of times since AC2 that a box-carrier has spawned at the same area as Ezio and therefore his box has instantly gone flying is getting irritating.

-come to think of it, if an NPC makes someone drop a box, stop guards blaming it on Ezio ; )

- a way of taking out guards that doesn't involve killing them (perhaps like sleeping poison or knocking them out)

LightRey
12-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Different types of poison is a good idea! (I do kind of wish that poison would work like it does in the ACII demo video where the target's guard gets poisoned and actually kills him, rather than just knock him out of range of any attacks -__-)

Options such as:

-being able to hold onto guards after stabbing them so you can drag them to a hiding place (like Yusuf's assassins do at the party)

-being able to hide behind objects

-citizens being able to summon guards if they see you kill, randomly depending on whether they are scared enough to go into "I didn't see anything" mode. They could also be thrown a few coins to stop them.

-please get rid of people randomly spawning ON me. The amount of times since AC2 that a box-carrier has spawned at the same area as Ezio and therefore his box has instantly gone flying is getting irritating.

-come to think of it, if an NPC makes someone drop a box, stop guards blaming it on Ezio ; )

- a way of taking out guards that doesn't involve killing them (perhaps like sleeping poison or knocking them out)
I like all of those things. However, you can already hide behind objects. As long as it breaks the line of sight, you're hiding.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 10:30 AM
That is true, and I use it often. However, I meant more general, perhaps with a way of pressing yourself against the object so you can move around it. When I say more general, I mean crouching behind boxes and barrels as well, for example. The assassin shouldn't have to only hide behind things which are as tall as him and higher.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM
That is true, and I use it often. However, I meant more general, perhaps with a way of pressing yourself against the object so you can move around it. When I say more general, I mean crouching behind boxes and barrels as well, for example. The assassin shouldn't have to only hide behind things which are as tall as him and higher.
I don't really like where that is going. That sounds awfully close to an entire hiding 'system', which I would detest.

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Sounds interesting. Could make the gameplay much more dynamic. However, if they do do this, there should be some sort of standard option, so that players don't have to make choices they don't want to be bothered with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quite sure what you mean by a standard option. It could be something that allows the gamer to change the way he wants to play at any time. All he has to do is go to the HQ and change what he or she has. Also if they do this i'd like them to bring back the way that i remember from AC1 where you can attack ur target from different paths. But they need to add more then just 3 for each target, of course they need more templar assassinations like they had in AC2. Also all this would work with coop.

At Ignorganic,

Yea a poison that could make a target fall asleep would change the kill kill kill feel of the game, it could also make the guards less hostile when they come across the sleeping guard. Or even the guard could get in trouble. I mentioned before a poison the doesn't kill but makes a guard go crazy, you could use it to make him kill a target and blame it all on him because he doesn't die and the guards end up either killing or capturing him. I like your citizens bringing more guards if they see the assassin kill someone, it would make it more challenging if the medicine didn't work right away and was a over time thing. It would make the gamer want to disappear from the location.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Sounds interesting. Could make the gameplay much more dynamic. However, if they do do this, there should be some sort of standard option, so that players don't have to make choices they don't want to be bothered with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quite sure what you mean by a standard option. It could be something that allows the gamer to change the way he wants to play at any time. All he has to do is go to the HQ and change what he or she has. Also if they do this i'd like them to bring back the way that i remember from AC1 where you can attack ur target from different paths. But they need to add more then just 3 for each target, of course they need more templar assassinations like they had in AC2. Also all this would work with coop.

At Ignorganic,

Yea a poison that could make a target fall asleep would change the kill kill kill feel of the game, it could also make the guards less hostile when they come across the sleeping guard. Or even the guard could get in trouble. I mentioned before a poison the doesn't kill but makes a guard go crazy, you could use it to make him kill a target and blame it all on him because he doesn't die and the guards end up either killing or capturing him. I like your citizens bringing more guards if they see the assassin kill someone, it would make it more challenging if the medicine didn't work right away and was a over time thing. It would make the gamer want to disappear from the location. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Basically some kind of system that makes the added or removed weight & such some sort of "customization".

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

At Ignorganic,

Yea a poison that could make a target fall asleep would change the kill kill kill feel of the game, it could also make the guards less hostile when they come across the sleeping guard. Or even the guard could get in trouble. I mentioned before a poison the doesn't kill but makes a guard go crazy, you could use it to make him kill a target and blame it all on him because he doesn't die and the guards end up either killing or capturing him. I like your citizens bringing more guards if they see the assassin kill someone, it would make it more challenging if the medicine didn't work right away and was a over time thing. It would make the gamer want to disappear from the location. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Basically some kind of system that makes the added or removed weight & such some sort of "customization". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ohh kinda like a starting point, yea i think i see what ur saying. Yea i mean they can do it like that, one thing i really wish they had in AC which goes with customization is putting the weapons on the assassin. Like Ezio has all his swords, daggers, and throwing knives on his waist. But I'd rather have the dagger on my back like Altair, and throwing knives on my arms. It would be nice if Ubisoft gave us a chance to make our own assassin (goes hand in hand with the armor thing i said). but they would need more then 3 choices, it would but mainly cosmetic but it would be a nice look and feel. Your assassin could look completely different from mine.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
ohh kinda like a starting point, yea i think i see what ur saying. Yea i mean they can do it like that, one thing i really wish they had in AC which goes with customization is putting the weapons on the assassin. Like Ezio has all his swords, daggers, and throwing knives on his waist. But I'd rather have the dagger on my back like Altair, and throwing knives on my arms. It would be nice if Ubisoft gave us a chance to make our own assassin (goes hand in hand with the armor thing i said). but they would need more then 3 choices, it would but mainly cosmetic but it would be a nice look and feel. Your assassin could look completely different from mine.
As long as the customization options don't affect the character's personality (as that wouldn't make sense), that sounds good.

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 11:22 AM
As long as the customization options don't affect the character's personality (as that wouldn't make sense), that sounds good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol how would that happen? but yea AC has the potential to be a GREAT game. (my rating scale is pretty tough :P) I'm interested in seeing what AC will be like after AC3

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Granted, a hiding system wouldn't work well with the social stealth, but could work if it only applied to rooftop environments.

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Granted, a hiding system wouldn't work well with the social stealth, but could work if it only applied to rooftop environments.

i would like to see it on rooftops and at night, since when it's night there aren't many ppl on the streets.

Another idea for npcs, i liked the vigilantes in AC1 but in all honesty i doubt most ppl would help an assassin but rather help the guards by blocking their path or something. In the very first AC demo, npcs would get in ur way when Altair was trying to escape. Actually get in his way.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 12:16 PM
They could make a more convincing day/night cycle by removing people from the streets and changing guard patterns. When Giovanni fights Rodrigo in Lineage at night in Florence, it was practically deserted.

When Ezio walks through the grand bazaar at 3am, it's still just as bustling as midday. :s

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 12:27 PM
yea, i know a lot of ppl won't like this but at night honestly it should be ninja like (hiding behind walls and corners, maybe under some stuff). also i'm surprised there aren't any curfews for the ppl at night

LightRey
12-29-2011, 12:38 PM
As long as the customization options don't affect the character's personality (as that wouldn't make sense), that sounds good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol how would that happen? but yea AC has the potential to be a GREAT game. (my rating scale is pretty tough :P) I'm interested in seeing what AC will be like after AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it shouldn't go so far that you can choose what the character decides in the story.

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM

lol how would that happen? but yea AC has the potential to be a GREAT game. (my rating scale is pretty tough :P) I'm interested in seeing what AC will be like after AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it shouldn't go so far that you can choose what the character decides in the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea that idea is more RPG style, I'm fine with customization in weapons, clothing, and even skills (if they do the over time thing like AC2, then the assassin would get better and should gain new abilities/talents/skills). but not story choices in AC. If Ubisoft does choose to go down that path, i just hope they don't mess it up.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Can we start the game as a recruit? An Assassin doesn't need some early turmoil and summoning to their true calling to be awesome.

A young assassin with a natural talent for movement and combat discovers a the beginnings of a routine conspiracy on a routine scout/interrogation and grows up to become another legendary master assassin like Ezio or Alta´r.

mattahleen
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Triple hidden blades (one under shoe), knives, switchblade dagger, bombs, codex weapons, shock blade, grapple hook blade, silent firing handle/rifle (replace crossbow), SIDE MISSIONS FOR CREEDING OUT LOUD, more than five ancestor memories, and at least 12 desmond sequences (his only game).

DavisP92
12-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by mattahleen:
Triple hidden blades (one under shoe), knives, switchblade dagger, bombs, codex weapons, shock blade, grapple hook blade, silent firing handle/rifle (replace crossbow), SIDE MISSIONS FOR CREEDING OUT LOUD, more than five ancestor memories, and at least 12 desmond sequences (his only game).

only the triple blade if there is more kicks, but it depends on the setting. Yes to codex weapons like in AC2, shock blade depends on the setting, i guess the grapple hook blade would be similar to my wire blade. But no pulling yourself up with it. not really into rifles, i'm more of a bow and arrow guy. I say 20 ancestor missions (they have to introduce a new ancestor and end his fight) and 25 desmond missions :P (they have to end him)

oliacr
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
- Upgrade your Assassin's abilities with trainings, weapons too.
- Online / Offline Co-Operative mode.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
- Upgrade your Assassin's abilities with trainings, weapons too.
- Online / Offline Co-Operative mode.
Quit reviving old threads!