PDA

View Full Version : Focke-Wulf BUGS

Fish6891
01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Well with the coming of latest patch I've noticed a couple of suspicious things going on with the Focke-Wulfs.

For one, theres a fuel leak bug. Sometimes when you get a fuel leak this dark smoke starts to come out of the engine and you're out of fuel within a minute or two. Fishy? Perhaps.

Also, on the Ta152 and on the Dora 1944, I'm now getting caught by mustangs on the deck, and that probably means the A9 is outpaced on the deck too. Fishy? Perhaps.

Everyone feel free to agree or disagree, this is just what I've been experiencing of late. I'll probably do some testing later on just to confirm the speed stuff.

Regards,
Fish

Fish6891
01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Well with the coming of latest patch I've noticed a couple of suspicious things going on with the Focke-Wulfs.

For one, theres a fuel leak bug. Sometimes when you get a fuel leak this dark smoke starts to come out of the engine and you're out of fuel within a minute or two. Fishy? Perhaps.

Also, on the Ta152 and on the Dora 1944, I'm now getting caught by mustangs on the deck, and that probably means the A9 is outpaced on the deck too. Fishy? Perhaps.

Everyone feel free to agree or disagree, this is just what I've been experiencing of late. I'll probably do some testing later on just to confirm the speed stuff.

Regards,
Fish

robban75
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fish6891:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=9781082852

p1ngu666
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
theres bad fuel leak (grey) for most planes, loose all fuel even from multiple tank planes...
not sure if u can still loose all fuel from light (white) fuel leaks

190 had like 1-2 tanks?
imagine being in a b25/bue and losing all fuel...

WOLFMondo
01-02-2005, 02:25 AM
When I see 4 fuel tank leaks pop up on the B25...which happens allot I look for somewhere to put down immediatly. I agree the 190 running out of gas quickly is bad but the B25 is in the same boat.

WHat happened to self sealing tanks?!?!?

WWStarkey1986
01-02-2005, 02:53 AM
i'm not an expert but i would think a bunch of bullets in the fuel tank will overwelm self sealing fuel tanks, maybe even a big cannon hit. of coarse let me remind you i'm not an expert.

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 09:17 AM
yeah if its a big hole, then it wont seal or wont seal up quickly, but thats why u have multiple tanks, if one leaks then u transfer fuel from it too the others.

in fb we have one big tank, before a white leak could drain a japanease plane (no self seal, but multiple tanks)

its reasonable to exempt losing 1 tank's worth of fuel, but it should run out that tank, and not take any more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also the fuel leak grafic could go away, u still get leak fuel grafic with emputy tank (grey smoke)

NorrisMcWhirter
01-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi,

If a large number of hits can overwhelm self sealing tanks, then that should apply to all aircraft. However, it doesn't.

The grey/brown smoke causing you to be out of fuel bug on the 190 has been present, on and off, for considerable time now. I, and several others, have mentioned it a number of times and zip has been done about it. As I've said before, there is likely to be little $$$ value in fixing it so expect to have to put up with it.

Cheers,
Norris

VW-IceFire
01-02-2005, 10:36 AM
The problem is that the hits to the FW's fuel tanks appear to be activated by hits to the engine cowling...which is odd. This could even be a single .50cal or a .303...although that chance has been reduced in recent patches.

Yes self sealing tanks can get overwhelmed by damage and I'm all for that happening. But its odd to take a relatively minor glancing blow and find your tank empty in a minute or two. I've learned to just avoid damage as much as possible...which is a good thing anwyays http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

robban75
01-02-2005, 11:10 AM
A common occurrence online for me is that the plane becomes unsteerable after a single hit from a .50cal. Not sure if it's strictly a .50cal thing but they seem to do the most damage. I don't know if it's just a 190 thing though.

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 01:02 PM
on my yak9m yesterday i got hit hard on the left wing, and i got not roll to the right AT ALL, and i was in a near vertical dive but not massively fast...

all planes get stroppy with wing hits, but 109 and lagg3 arent so bad, along with american planes (trim rocks). yaks are among the worst...

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 01:03 PM
btw i couldnt stop the slow roll to the left (even with full rudder/aliron)

Willey
01-02-2005, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
When I see 4 fuel tank leaks pop up on the B25...which happens allot I look for somewhere to put down immediatly. I agree the 190 running out of gas quickly is bad but the B25 is in the same boat.

WHat happened to self sealing tanks?!?!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are many planes with a rocket-consumption like fuel leakage. Once I flew a 47 with 25% fuel which is enough for approx 1:15h. Got a fuel leak by flak then and it was empty in 30-40 seconds http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

There are hundreds of liters going through 2cm holes in a matter of 1-3 minutes. I need almost 10 seconds to empty a full coke bottle which also has a 2cm "hole". That's really fishy. They may be some pressure in the tank which accelerates the leak, but this is really astonishing. And the most freaking part of it is that all tanks go dry with a hit in a single tank.

IIJG69-Niklaus
01-02-2005, 03:42 PM
The 190 lose his fuel faster than any other plane, even the 109, and I think there is a problem with the fuel tank place, because when it smokes, it's behind the pilot, as the 109, but the fuel tank was under the pilot( under and behind for the A8,..., not for A4, A5...).

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 04:08 PM
well itll depend on the amount of fuel plane carries, and maybe the holes..

does the 190 have more than 1 fuel tank? offhand i dont know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

GreyBeast
01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:

There are many planes with a rocket-consumption like fuel leakage. Once I flew a 47 with 25% fuel which is enough for approx 1:15h. Got a fuel leak by flak then and it was empty in 30-40 seconds.
There are hundreds of liters going through 2cm holes in a matter of 1-3 minutes. I need almost 10 seconds to empty a full coke bottle which also has a 2cm "hole". That's really fishy. They may be some pressure in the tank which accelerates the leak, but this is really astonishing. And the most freaking part of it is that all tanks go dry with a hit in a single tank. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no "aviation freak" but I assume you have to take into consideration the speed you (and your leaking tank) are flying at. I'm sure the airflow around the aircraft contributes to the fuel being "sucked away" from it. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Besides, if you´ve been hit by flak, those holes would be considerably bigger than 2cm/20mm.

As far as ALL tanks draining after having been hit in only one is concerned, I agree, that IS odd.

Fish6891
01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Also, it seems that when you take a bomb with the A9 (and perhaps other Antons), the A9 will continue to behave as if it has a bomb attached to it even after its been dropped. Fishy? Probably.

Anyone else experience this?

Regards,
Fish

pourshot
01-03-2005, 01:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IIJG69-Niklaus:
The 190 lose his fuel faster than any other plane <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I assume you tested them all?

Maybe you could show oleg your test data, but from what I can tell it affects the planes I fly also but as to how I can compare it to others, well I will leave that for the experts.

Bremspropeller
01-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Gray is right, fuel gets sucked out, but not that fast.

You can watch tis effect on gliders which dump their water-ballasts. Their holes have a diameter of ~2cm and it takes several minutes to empty the tanks (which can hold up to 50 litres of water).

falco_cz
01-03-2005, 09:49 AM
The only problem is that 2cm canon does't make 2cm holes but probably a lot bigger ones..

faustnik
01-03-2005, 10:25 AM
You have to define the fuel leak. There are 2 types with the 190:

White vapor- slow leak that will seal, plenty of time to RTB.

Grey stream- super rapid fuel loss, 2-3 minutes to RTB.

So, what is hit that causes the grey stream? Is it a tank,a fuel line, or an engine component? How can we declare it wrong if we don't know what is being modeled?

GreyBeast
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bremspropeller:
Gray is right, fuel gets sucked out, but not that fast.

You can watch tis effect on gliders which dump their water-ballasts. Their holes have a diameter of ~2cm and it takes several minutes to empty the tanks (which can hold up to 50 litres of water). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hallo Bremspropeller!

Ich wusste nicht, dass Segelflieger Wasser als Ballast laden.

H¤tte nicht gedacht, dass gerade ein Fleugzeug ohne Motor dafür sorgen würde, es schwieriger zu haben, so weit hoch wie nur m¶glich zu kommen.

Gruss!

WWMaxGunz
01-04-2005, 05:38 AM
If a fuel line is hit between the pump and engine then the pump will pressurize the leak.
At the same time, the engine will be starved of fuel IRL and something will get sprayed
with loads of fuel and probably there should be fire or explosion soon after given engine
heat, exhaust pipe heat and any kinds of sparks from electric or guns. Really just time.

Got the 1968 MGM BoB movie which had consultants listed and good producers trying hard
for accuracy. Loads of aerial footage. Most planes burned in time after being hit much.
Once hit, the pilots evaded and then sought to get out quickly. Tanks not self sealing
then I guess. Engines certainly not and fuel is constantly flowing to the engine. Sources
of ignition all through the front end... hit bad meant get out, not "must fight 2x harder".
One guy they showed stayed and shot after engine smoking and then seconds later he jumped.
I think in England they probably have down in the history how many burned, the chance of it.

JG7_Rall
01-04-2005, 07:59 AM
S! Guys, I've seen a lot of these bugs too. A lot are not only for hte 190 but for many planes.

Fuel loss- Been mentioned before. A lot of planes, especially the 190, tend to lose their fuel extremely quickly. If its a cannon hit to the tank, then fine, THAT tank should run dry pretty soon. But again, a lot of planes that experiance this problem have multiple tanks and not all should run dry from just one tank that has a hole in it.

Wing hits- This, again, happens with a lot of planes, but the 190 seems to be the worst. A single little hole to either wing makes it incredibly unstable and you need nearly full opposite aileron to correct it. Landing is even harder with it. If the graphical representation of the hit is off and its really worse than the game is showing, then I'm ok with it. But a plane should not lose THAT much lift and speed from a small hit like that. That reminds me...what's with the 109's and some russian planes' wings getting massive potholes in them from fifty cal hits? It looks like someone dropped a cannonball on the wing- cool for looks but definitely not realistic for a .50.

Speed- I'm also being caught by other planes that previously I've been able to outrun with ease. The P51 is most noteable, and even the spit is staying with me slightly longer when I'm in the A9 on the deck with roughly 25% fuel, rads closed, boost enabled, and prop pitch at 100%. And no, the spit didn't dive on me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Overheat- I'm really not sure about this one, but for many planes in the game you'll get an overheat really quickly then reducing the throttle to still-near max will cool it off immediatly. Is this fast overheat realistic, and is the instant cooldown realistic too?