PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will SoW:BoB be released this year?

TheFamilyMan
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
The on going progress posted on the 1C forum is comforting to see in that work is being accomplished. But for me (a mere nobody) it looks like things are still a long ways off, considering there is yet to be any in-game movies of anything convincing. What's your thoughts?

And yes, I've read all Oleg's posts and interviews and know about the inferences made.

TheFamilyMan
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
The on going progress posted on the 1C forum is comforting to see in that work is being accomplished. But for me (a mere nobody) it looks like things are still a long ways off, considering there is yet to be any in-game movies of anything convincing. What's your thoughts?

And yes, I've read all Oleg's posts and interviews and know about the inferences made.

Monty_Thrud
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes, Christmas time.

AndyJWest
01-18-2010, 01:10 PM
My gut reaction is I don't know, and don't see any point speculating: it won't come any quicker if we do. There seems to be some evidence that Oleg expects it to be released this year, but that is no guarentee.

I hope it's released when it is in a sufficiently finished state that the whiners are drowned out, but I'm quite sure some will find something to complain about.

thefruitbat
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
have you not been to 1C's forum, the whining started along time ago http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

it will come when it comes, i've still got loads to do in il2 yet anyway.

To the OP, if i was going to take a punt, Q1 2011.

TheFamilyMan
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the insight AJW, added a fitting response! Sorry for all lost votes.

Rjel
01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
What is the harm in speculating in it's release date? So it'll get here when it gets here. Speculating about it ( like that hasn't been going on for years now ) might not get it here any sooner, it sure isn't going to slow it down either. Some of you guys act like Oleg will pull the plug because someone asks the "wrong" question. After this much time any interest should be welcomed.

KRISTORF
01-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Whenever, in the mean time mods have prolonged the game so enjoy them while you can

Choctaw111
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Oleg will have it ready when it is ready.
He won't release some unfinished and unpolished piece of junk.
His goal was for September this year. I am sure he wants to meet his goal but we will see what happens.
In the meantime I was really happy to hear about 4.10. When I hear 4.10 I think of a number that I NEVER would have thought Il2 would reach.
I am very pleased that Team Daedalus has taken such interest in this.

Insuber
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
We will have a good time with Il2 (and life, of course), waiting for the inshallah release of SoW...
December 2010 seems optimistic, even if Oleg said that his budget will run out that time ... But that's speculation.

Ins

PanzerAce
01-18-2010, 05:35 PM
TWO WEEKS!

Feathered_IV
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Not this year. Maybe 2011 but if not, then not at all.

X32Wright
01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Everybody knows that SOW:BOB will come out TWO WEEKS after Dec 21, 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rjel
01-18-2010, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X32Wright:
Everybody knows that SOW:BOB will come out TWO WEEKS after Dec 21, 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, but will anyone be around to play it?

DuxCorvan
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
If Oleg can't boost the development, it will be an aged product even before release, and distributors will forsake it. I'm starting to think he's biting more than he can swallow: he simply underestimated the extent of the work and doesn't have the human and material resources he'd need to keep both the expected quality and a reasonable release date for such an ambitious project.

I'll be glad if I'm wrong. In fact, I hope to.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Oleg has said that for financial reasons he has to release BoB this year, and I believe him on this one.

Rjel
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Oleg has said that for financial reasons he has to release BoB this year, and I believe him on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if Oleg came to the masses ( us, that is ) and said he needed investors big and small to further development, if many would step up? He has a loyal following here and elsewhere. Maybe it would be an option he could explore.

Choctaw111
01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Oleg has said that for financial reasons he has to release BoB this year, and I believe him on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if Oleg came to the masses ( us, that is ) and said he needed investors big and small to further development, if many would step up? He has a loyal following here and elsewhere. Maybe it would be an option he could explore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, with that being said, many of us here have helped him in this way before.
I doubt it will come down to that.

staticline1
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
If at worse, it may come down to releasing an unfinished SOW then patching it up once released. I doubt there would be a huge outcry so long as Oleg stated this before the official release and the sim had at least a decent playability to it. I'm sure some would whine but most are loyal to Oleg and would probably understand the situation if he was forced to do such a thing due to finances. Doubt and hope it doesn't come to that.

Rjel
01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How so? Do you mean you and others have invested directly in IL2?

DaggaDaggaDave
01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Despite waking up from time to time to checkout SOW - BOB ... my Rip Van Winkle snooze induced by waiting for over five years for Oleg & IC-Maddox/Ubi to release Storm of War: Battle of Britain&lt; I still lurk occasionally.

Since speaking personally to him at one of the [I think it was the 2nd] Euorpean Flight Sim Show early in the Noughties up in Birmingham when he had been saying "Next year!" for a year or two. By 05 I was getting so tired waiting .... ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ ... and when I woke and glanced at Ubi and Ic forum to see his reassuring messages Dec 09 ... I was so bleary eyed that I missed the gist of all that's been going on to keep us on a string.

It's enough to turn an oldie off IMOHO this waiting game ... should I split S to RVW planet ... .

Time's running out for me ... so can you please ask Oleg to get BOB out SOON ... and wake me up. Can I alarm my Registration to wake me ASA it goes gold?

BTW I made use of occasional waking hours to get my PPL in '07 having contemplated "getting real!"

julian265
01-20-2010, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by staticline1:
If at worse, it may come down to releasing an unfinished SOW then patching it up once released. I doubt there would be a huge outcry so long as Oleg stated this before the official release and the sim had at least a decent playability to it. I'm sure some would whine but most are loyal to Oleg and would probably understand the situation if he was forced to do such a thing due to finances. Doubt and hope it doesn't come to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you, however people's worship of sales and currency would prevent any pre-release statement of the kind.

Feathered_IV
01-20-2010, 01:49 AM

While it is true that he needs to release it this year. It is still uncertain whether he can. Don't forget, he said exactly the same thing in a video interview in 2006.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How so? Do you mean you and others have invested directly in IL2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Choctaw is referring to the time just before Pacific Fighters was released when Oleg was involved in two car accidents within a week. He suffered some neck injuries and both cars were wiped out (although he did claim one garbage truck as a probable). It was a tricky time for him, so a great many of us passed the hat around and donated money to get him back on the road - and back to work. There was a Paypal account and everything. I've still got the thanyou email from him, and for a while I would even get my Friday updates from the man himself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

grifter2u
01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
If Oleg can't boost the development, it will be an aged product even before release, and distributors will forsake it. I'm starting to think he's biting more than he can swallow: he simply underestimated the extent of the work and doesn't have the human and material resources he'd need to keep both the expected quality and a reasonable release date for such an ambitious project.

I'll be glad if I'm wrong. In fact, I hope to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am the optimistic type, and believe we will have it in our grubby little hands by july this year

i also think we will get most of the goodies we expected and hoped for, and even more .... full 24/7 dynamic campaign engine, ships to control (like initially coastal torpedo boats and rescue vessels maybe), maps with great detail in elevation and contours, spectacular new plane models.. etc..

the only real question is how photo real the scenery will look, compared to what oleg intended when he said that some time ago, and knowing the very good looking 1e person shooters that have come out recently which seem at a completely new level of realism for scenery