PDA

View Full Version : 2 small gripes with 1.1b, Stuka and .50s

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Posted this in tech by mistake. If a Mod would like to ax the one there it would be much appreciated.

Oleg,

First I want to say I really appreciate all the work, it is the best sim going IMHO, and the way 1C works with the community.

Now:
1. The .50's on all the planes sound awful! I spent 5 years crewing Huey's and CH-46's and I can tell you, from extensive experience, that the sound of a .50 at 130 knots sounds nothing like they do in FB. Currently they sound like someone banging on a kettle drum. I am a big p-40 flyer now that they are fixed and this is one thing that kills the immersion. The external view sound has a great crack to it and is more similar to the sound of the .50. Just wondering if there is anyone else that would like it changed?

2. On the last add-on of IL-2 I started a thread about Stuka bombing. Can we reconfigure the bombing so that the cannon button drops a "Full Load", the Rocket button the "wing stores" and the bomb button the belly store. Or something to that effect. Would be pretty simple to code I would think and would add a lot more depth to the B and D models. You said you would look at this for FB, but I have no doubt that it slipped off the horizon.

Thanks Oleg for a great sim. Really hoping we se a BOB or Med add-on. I have faith that you will continue the great support.

Gunner Out

<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/GunnerSig2.jpg </center>

Message Edited on 08/18/0312:58PM by Gunner_USMC

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Posted this in tech by mistake. If a Mod would like to ax the one there it would be much appreciated.

Oleg,

First I want to say I really appreciate all the work, it is the best sim going IMHO, and the way 1C works with the community.

Now:
1. The .50's on all the planes sound awful! I spent 5 years crewing Huey's and CH-46's and I can tell you, from extensive experience, that the sound of a .50 at 130 knots sounds nothing like they do in FB. Currently they sound like someone banging on a kettle drum. I am a big p-40 flyer now that they are fixed and this is one thing that kills the immersion. The external view sound has a great crack to it and is more similar to the sound of the .50. Just wondering if there is anyone else that would like it changed?

2. On the last add-on of IL-2 I started a thread about Stuka bombing. Can we reconfigure the bombing so that the cannon button drops a "Full Load", the Rocket button the "wing stores" and the bomb button the belly store. Or something to that effect. Would be pretty simple to code I would think and would add a lot more depth to the B and D models. You said you would look at this for FB, but I have no doubt that it slipped off the horizon.

Thanks Oleg for a great sim. Really hoping we se a BOB or Med add-on. I have faith that you will continue the great support.

Gunner Out

<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/GunnerSig2.jpg </center>

Message Edited on 08/18/0312:58PM by Gunner_USMC

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh, yeah the SOUNDS in FB are, for the most part, pretty bad.

Definitley the WEAKEST part of the game...although the game is excellent...so, for what it's worth.

And NOW, in 1.1b, whoever decided that cranking up the bass on the .50's would make them sound more like real.50's was gravely mistaken...the just sound bad.

But I could go further...the generic radial and inline sound effects are also weak.

If I had to choose good sound effects I'd go with B-17II The Mighty Eighth for the .50's...they did it right.

And Janes WWII Fighters got the engine noises down perfectly.

FB strives for realism (momentarily foregiving Oleg's P-47 transgression) in all things...why not sound?

<html> <body><p align="center">http://users.adelphia.net/~machineii/images/sig3.jpg
<font color=red>If.I.could..just.reach.my.utility.belt!</font> </body>
<center><font color=yellow>BlitzPigMachine<font>

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Yeah the gun sounds need work. Especially the mgs. The p-47 sounds awful lol.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 02:19 AM
BUMP

<marquee>
= = = = = Sturzkampfgeschwader 77 : Stripped of its Fire Power and Combat Effectiveness since V1.1B = = = = = </marquee>