PDA

View Full Version : Here is an idea

Batian
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
In the known facts thred it talks about this may be first of a trilogey whare last 1 may be in a futristic setting also it talks about the first demo at E3 or what aver and says when u die it pops up and says sistum shutting down and shows main charicter infront of a futuristic backgrond... what if the first game is just a program yoused in the future for training new assassins and the next 2 games will bolth take place in the future just a thought

chewie1890
05-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I believe the All Known Facts Thread also says that it's not a program but rather a genetic memory. The story so far is that one of Altair's descendants is part of an experiment in genetic memory. They look at the genetic memory and that's when you take control of Altair and do the assassinations.

Personally i'm glad it's not a program, seems far to Matrixy for me...

Other things that can be seen in the screen are: ˜memories /01', ˜hard drive', ˜options', ˜animus' (Latin for soul/life/spirit), "access your genetic memory" and ˜shut down'.

Boromir323
05-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
I believe the All Known Facts Thread also says that it's not a program but rather a genetic memory. The story so far is that one of Altair's ancestors is part of an experiment in genetic memory. They look at the genetic memory and that's when you take control of Altair and do the assassinations.

Personally i'm glad it's not a program, seems far to Matrixy for me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Other things that can be seen in the screen are: ˜memories /01', ˜hard drive', ˜options', ˜animus' (Latin for soul/life/spirit), "access your genetic memory" and ˜shut down'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhhh...I believe it would be his decendants not his ancestors. His ancestors would be his father, which would mean his genetic memory would not exist yet.

chewie1890
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Whatever. You get the basis of what i'm saying.

Sharaham
05-05-2007, 05:41 AM
i reckon the last game in the trilogy will be based in the present time, where scientists are looking at fossils, DNA and skelotons of Altair to get his memories. When Altair dies, it has that weird screen saying stuff like #1memory life error.... ect. So it could be the scientists going through the memories. And maybe, but i doubt it, for the third one, they resurect him to win a war.

Batian
05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds resonable but i dont think it would be modern time mabey like 2190

chewie1890
05-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Sharaham:
i reckon the last game in the trilogy will be based in the present time, where scientists are looking at fossils, DNA and skelotons of Altair to get his memories. When Altair dies, it has that weird screen saying stuff like #1memory life error.... ect. So it could be the scientists going through the memories. And maybe, but i doubt it, for the third one, they resurect him to win a war.

The other games are most likely going to have a futuristic setting:

Originally posted in the All Known Facts Thread: - This is the first game in a franchise of similar games. Jade Raymond has stated that this game will be part of a trilogy and one or both of the next games will have a futuristic setting.

They're already looking at genetic memory through Altairs descendant. They wouldn't need Altair's body to look at the memory:

Originally Posted in the All Known Facts Thread Other things that can be seen in the screen are: ˜memories /01', ˜hard drive', ˜options', ˜animus' (Latin for soul/life/spirit), "access your genetic memory" and ˜shut down'.

That shows that we already have access to the memory of Altair.

I assume that the later games will be focused on a time a little closer to the present but still well in the past. Then the final one in the future. Either that or both of them in the future so we can end this 'Larger Conspiracy' that the game is supposed to be backed on.

ElKvass
05-05-2007, 07:02 PM
The thing I'm kinda conserned about is that this game looks really awesome, but if they make a game with a futuristic setting it would lose the feeling of something new. I mean there are plenty of futuristic games and if they make a game from i.e. 2050 they would lose the whole genetic memory and basing the game on historical facts etc. I mean it would be less cool to assassinate a fictional character with no basis in real events. It would be cool to be an assassin during WWII and the vietnam war maby, but still one of the things that makes me want this game is the third crusade setting and swordfights, anicent stuff, myths etc. etc.

chewie1890
05-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Who knows what could happen in the future. There could be a devastating war which destroys all technology and people are forced to go back to fighting with swords and other such things since no one can make the weapons anymore, or they can but they're very expensive or not widely available. It doesn't have to be very far in the future, it could only be a few years from now, and it could be with people that we know are important, presidents, prime ministers, who knows.

I'm sure the game will stay interesting as we unsolve the larger conspiracy that has gone apparently gone on throughout the games history.

FalK0N767
05-06-2007, 02:11 AM
How about doing it this way; Altair dies off,but his legacy & the legacy of the infamous Crusades doesn't. Now(year 2037),centuries later a certain private multinational corporation standing at the very forefront of genetic research, cloning etc. is playing a very huge role in dealing out the conspiracies(as mentioned by Ubi)by means of harnessing the genetically passed on collective memory of Altair's any known decsendents in order to link together the beginnings of a weapon of mass destruction, something much greater than any nuclear bomb ballistic warhead, but rather a extremely powerful timewarp machine which could wipe out entire chunks of the past for massive political & financial advantage to the possesser.

Now a known descendent of Altair is located(definitely an Arabian & Muslim), but here's the glitch, this guy won't go for this crazy setup & has no idea that he is the 600th offspring of a shadowy linage whose head was a legendary assassin, that's where the gameplay comes into action as we play a confused future assassin who knows that there's more to his pursuers than international security officials. The weird end game screens come in when the guy is finally caught & mentally & genetically drilled for past info.

Batian
05-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow some great ideas but who knows what the developers have in store for this trilogy