PDA

View Full Version : My last complaint

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I have already expressed some of my opinions in the poll concerning 1.11 so I will be brief. The P-47 and the damage model for the I-16 has gotten much better but lots of things have gotten much worse.

I defended FB until v 1.11. Beta 1.08 was the best version in my opinion. In 1.0, flying the Bf 109 with CEM one was competitive with the Soviets. Now the Bf 109 (at least the E) is a mess.

Tonight I did a (for me) standard QMB mission of 4 late model P-47s against 4 FW-190 A9. After dying several times as my 8 50's bounced off of the FWs, I decided to try the I-16 (24). My side scored 3 victories to 2 for the FWs. What was most remarkable was that even after I lost my ailerons, I was able to turn and track the 190s (it was hard work using the throttle and rudder) for over 10 minutes. I didn't score but it makes me think about how different the war might have been if the U.S. had just reversed lend lease.

Realistically of course this was at low altitude with average AI but still the I-16 is unbelievable. I would just do I-16s against the Buffalo and other 1940 and 41 planes except I think I am losing my hearing from flying in an open cockpit. They nailed the sound of the air rushing by your head. It sounds a lot like a bike at a ton plus with a full face helmet (I wear earplugs 99+ % of the time) so I don't know why we can't hear the impact of shells.

By the way, why do we not have landing gear dropping as a result of combat damage?

Luckly, I have just purchased a Concept 2 Rower. I have done 50,000 meters in the past five days. Another sim but a consistent model and so now I will lose weight and wait for the next revision.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I have already expressed some of my opinions in the poll concerning 1.11 so I will be brief. The P-47 and the damage model for the I-16 has gotten much better but lots of things have gotten much worse.

I defended FB until v 1.11. Beta 1.08 was the best version in my opinion. In 1.0, flying the Bf 109 with CEM one was competitive with the Soviets. Now the Bf 109 (at least the E) is a mess.

Tonight I did a (for me) standard QMB mission of 4 late model P-47s against 4 FW-190 A9. After dying several times as my 8 50's bounced off of the FWs, I decided to try the I-16 (24). My side scored 3 victories to 2 for the FWs. What was most remarkable was that even after I lost my ailerons, I was able to turn and track the 190s (it was hard work using the throttle and rudder) for over 10 minutes. I didn't score but it makes me think about how different the war might have been if the U.S. had just reversed lend lease.

Realistically of course this was at low altitude with average AI but still the I-16 is unbelievable. I would just do I-16s against the Buffalo and other 1940 and 41 planes except I think I am losing my hearing from flying in an open cockpit. They nailed the sound of the air rushing by your head. It sounds a lot like a bike at a ton plus with a full face helmet (I wear earplugs 99+ % of the time) so I don't know why we can't hear the impact of shells.

By the way, why do we not have landing gear dropping as a result of combat damage?

Luckly, I have just purchased a Concept 2 Rower. I have done 50,000 meters in the past five days. Another sim but a consistent model and so now I will lose weight and wait for the next revision.