PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations + 3D

Cpt_Yanni
06-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Ok, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood didn't support 3D for consoles, but it did for the PC. So now I'm wondering, will Ubi bring 3D with Revelations to the PlayStation 3?

Would you like 3D for Revelations?

reini03
06-02-2011, 06:40 AM
I don't have a 3DTV, so it doesn't matter for me. If I had one though, I would definitely want Revelations to have 3D support.

Turkiye96
06-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Ok well, 3d would be AWESOME for the AC franchise because it fits so well into the action-packed game. but at this point all efforts for 3D will be for a very little market as the 3D TV in quite new and needs time for most people with a tv to have it in 3d just like analog was stopped in production, sooner or later so will the others so that 3D is used and thats when they should use 3D in assassins creed ( i think people are saying the PS4 will have 3D)

reini03
06-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
( i think people are saying the PS4 will have 3D)

Uh, the PS3 supports 3D as well.

Cpt_Yanni
06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Well, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood had 3D (for PC ONLY). I'm just hoping that Ubisoft will bring it to consoles too as the PC "3D"-market is way smaller than the console-3D-market.

ThaWhistle
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
PC already has it for ACB, I don't see why they'd regress from that.

SleezeRocker
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Eh..I can classify for option 3 and 5, but I mostly went for choice 5.

Im blind as is, nor does 3D look that great to me.

wiccanlovely
06-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I think it could be interesting if done correctly but I don't have a 3D tv so I'm not sure if my opinion even matters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Crazygreekdude
09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
should use
I think they should. I think the market that really lends it's self well to 3D is the gaming one. Movies are great in 3D but not every movie. Games are where it's at. I love Black Ops in 3D. Batman was good accept it used the Blue Red glasses. I can't wait for more games to come out in 3D for the xbox. Oh and how can I forget. Crysis 2 was awesome. Assasins Creed will be awesome.

As far as people not buying 3D tv's and them being expensive I like to counter that argument and say that they are affordable. I was looking to buy a 47" TV for my room and settled with a Vizio last year. Well I found that I can get a better spec'd 42" vizio with 3D for $100 more than the 47". A smaller TV with better specs and 3D for $100 more. I could see that and well if I had gotten the 47" it wouldn't fit in the space I had and wasn't all that bigger than the 42". Anything is an upgrade from the 32" I had.

You can buy a great 42" 3D TV for around $800-900 these days. And they will only get cheaper.

notafanboy
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
it's just a gimmick in my opinion.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
Well, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood had 3D (for PC ONLY). I'm just hoping that Ubisoft will bring it to consoles too as the PC "3D"-market is way smaller than the console-3D-market.

They're actually pretty equal...

PirateRob
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:

need i say more

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Where did all those votes come from? I don't even think there are that many active members on the forum. Are there lurkers or something?

rileypoole1234
09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Where did all those votes come from? I don't even think there are that many active members on the forum. Are there lurkers or something?

There must be. I've been seeing more and more people posting lately though. It's good I think. Good to know that AC is getting recognition it deserves.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

There must be. I've been seeing more and more people posting lately though. It's good I think. Good to know that AC is getting recognition it deserves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
still, this is a little overwhelming. Most (recent) polls didn't even get past 20 votes as far as I remember.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

There must be. I've been seeing more and more people posting lately though. It's good I think. Good to know that AC is getting recognition it deserves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
still, this is a little overwhelming. Most (recent) polls didn't even get past 20 votes as far as I remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was 4 or 3 months old.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

still, this is a little overwhelming. Most (recent) polls didn't even get past 20 votes as far as I remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was 4 or 3 months old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, you're right. Well that explains that then.

Krayus Korianis
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PirateRob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:

need i say more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Plus people don't realize the massive headaches they will get from staring at a screen in 3D.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:

Yep. Plus people don't realize the massive headaches they will get from staring at a screen in 3D. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far I'm aware, that only happens because the monitor(s)/TV doesn't have the required Hz to do 3D without headaches. You need 120 hz, most are 30-60 hz.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:

Yep. Plus people don't realize the massive headaches they will get from staring at a screen in 3D. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's only for some people I believe. I've never gotten any headaches from watching anything in 3d. It is more tiring for the eyes however, but so is TV in general compared to the outside world.

Krayus Korianis
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

As far I'm aware, that only happens because the monitor(s)/TV doesn't have the required Hz to do 3D without headaches. You need 120 hz, most are 30-60 hz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gotten them with a 120Hz TV as well. More and more people get headaches than most people care to admit.

I don't care for 3D at all. But whatever, if you want lower image resolutions go ahead. I'd rather stick with 720p to 1080p Resolutions.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

As far I'm aware, that only happens because the monitor(s)/TV doesn't have the required Hz to do 3D without headaches. You need 120 hz, most are 30-60 hz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gotten them with a 120Hz TV as well. More and more people get headaches than most people care to admit.

I don't care for 3D at all. But whatever, if you want lower image resolutions go ahead. I'd rather stick with 720p to 1080p Resolutions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think PC 3D resolutions are still 1080p...

so.. yea.

Krayus Korianis
09-27-2011, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I don't care for 3D at all. But whatever, if you want lower image resolutions go ahead. I'd rather stick with 720p to 1080p Resolutions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think PC 3D resolutions are still 1080p...

so.. yea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, they're downgraded.

So... Yea.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Nah, they're downgraded.

So... Yea.

Nope, did some research. With the Nvidia kit it stays at 1080p. And that's really the only way I know of to play with 3D anyway on PC.

So... yea.

Krayus Korianis
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM

Nah, they're downgraded.

So... Yea.

Nope, did some research. With the Nvidia kit it stays at 1080p. And that's really the only way I know of to play with 3D anyway on PC.

So... yea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It "says it" but it's truly downgraded in resolution quality.

So... Yea.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't know, I don't play my games in 3D.

Krayus Korianis
09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I tried. Massive headache later, I removed it.

But the image is downscaled to be crisscrossed by two images that you need glasses to see. And when you pop them glasses on, you get the image that pops out at you. But you suffer image quality among other things.

I'd prefer 1080p (which no device really gives, it's only 760p upscaled).

XxKillaChaosxX
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
If you guys had checked under the options on the beta, you would have seen the(grayed out)stereoscopic option right there. That pretty much answers the question unless they take it out.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
If you guys had checked under the options on the beta, you would have seen the(grayed out)stereoscopic option right there. That pretty much answers the question unless they take it out.
Unless it acutally said "3D Mode" or something along the lines, that means absolutely nothing.

bveUSbve
09-28-2011, 01:03 AM
As I have said in a related thread: such opinions are ignorant (and unfounded by own experience in most cases, I suppose) and, more importantly, extremely selfish.

If a person gets headaches from 3D, then of course he/she shouldn't use it. But I'm absolutely sure that I'm not the only person who does NOT get headaches from gaming in 3D, even if doing it for hours without pausing once.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by bveUSbve:
As I have said in a related thread: such opinions are ignorant (and unfounded by own experience in most cases, I suppose) and, more importantly, extremely selfish.

If a person gets headaches from 3D, then of course he/she shouldn't use it. But I'm absolutely sure that I'm not the only person who does NOT get headaches from gaming in 3D, even if doing it for hours without pausing once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
how are they selfish? People here just don't want developers to waste time, effort, money and disk space on things that are, in their opinion, useless features.

bveUSbve
09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
I'd prefer 1080p (which no device really gives, it's only 760p upscaled).
As far as I know on PS3 the 3D indeed is limited to 720p (going along with the low FPS of consoles..).

On PC Nvidia's '3D Vision' can deliver EVERY GAME with up to 1920x1080 resolution (at 60 FPS per eye). Of course it depends firstly on the power of your hardware and secondly on how demanding a game's graphics are to render whether highest quality can be achieved.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Now I want to go watch V for Vendetta again.

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Sorry for deleting it, I just can't seem to get it how I want. I found a snip of just the die part but It doesn't have an embeded code. Then I posted that one before realising that it was longer.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Sorry for deleting it, I just can't seem to get it how I want. I found a snip of just the die part but It doesn't have an embeded code. Then I posted that one before realising that it was longer.
Too bad, it would've been quite fitting :P

XxKillaChaosxX
09-28-2011, 02:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
Unless it acutally said "3D Mode" or something along the lines, that means absolutely nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what stereoscopic means?

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Here we go, this is what I have to say to 3D
<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
width="420"
height="315"
><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ip2orU_Lnrk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
allowScriptAccess="never"
wmode="transparent"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ip2orU_Lnrk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
width="420"
height="315"
/></object></span>

Oh and one more thing, why do most of you post quote pyramids? You do realise you can edit out the stuff that is not needed such as previous quotes and parts of the post you are not refering to, right? Get with the program. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
Unless it acutally said "3D Mode" or something along the lines, that means absolutely nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what stereoscopic means? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
stereoscopic is actually a more general term. It simply refers to multiple ways to see something, which could refer to 3d, but also to multi-monitor support.

wsexson
10-01-2011, 10:19 PM
but also to multi-monitor support.

When? Where?

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wsexson:
but also to multi-monitor support.

When? Where? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

ace3001
10-02-2011, 12:02 AM
PC "3D"-market is way smaller than the console-3D-market. Not really. There are many more console gamers than PC gamers (discounting MMOs, F2P games etc), but out of PC gamers, many use features like 3D whereas many console gamers don't. Which is probably why they added 3D in only to the PC version.
Anyway, 3D personally doesn't matter to me. My GPU can do 3D, but I never bothered to get a monitor or glasses for that, and probably won't get, as the way things are.

Cpt_Yanni
10-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Not really. There are many more console gamers than PC gamers (discounting MMOs, F2P games etc), but out of PC gamers, many use features like 3D whereas many console gamers don't. Which is probably why they added 3D in only to the PC version.
Anyway, 3D personally doesn't matter to me. My GPU can do 3D, but I never bothered to get a monitor or glasses for that, and probably won't get, as the way things are.

Let's say this is a pretty old statement that I've made. But still, I think that the 3D Market has a great share on the console market. I just hope that they'll bring the 3D-aspect also to console since I'm fully equipped to bring 3D to my living room.

DragonAddicted
10-02-2011, 02:12 AM
i would like it, if you can choose between 2D or 3D as a option.

ace3001
10-02-2011, 03:04 AM
I just hope that they'll bring the 3D-aspect also to console since I'm fully equipped to bring 3D to my living room. Of course it's good if everyone can enjoy all features without platform barriers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
But bringing a game like AC with 3D to consoles might be a little bit technically difficult. Not sure, though. But seeing as to handle it in 3D in the PC version (with proper framerates, that is), a decent GPU is needed, well, might be difficult introducing it to consoles.

Cpt_Yanni
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Hmm, It's possible on games like Crysis 2, Uncharted 3 etc... So why not for AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif...

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
3D is just a silly gimmick that people are trying to push to make games and films seem like they're somehow better for having it.

I feel that 3D is rather useless and doesn't offer any real benefit to entertainment as a whole.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
3D is just a silly gimmick that people are trying to push to make games and films seem like they're somehow better for having it.

I feel that 3D is rather useless and doesn't offer any real benefit to entertainment as a whole.
That's my opinion too. It's a pretty nice feature, but I really don't consider it to be of any importance when I'm going to see a movie.

PirateRob
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
overall 3d makes the experience more expensive rather than more enjoyable theres only certain elements in most 3d films ive watched that are truly 3d and i dont really think 3d is needed in the games world as others have said its a gimmick