PDA

View Full Version : Meh' ...He111

iL2fan
08-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Well today I went on campaigne for
he111, when the mission started I turn on my engines set flaps to take-off then I put the tail fin go up. then I press 0 for 100% power but it goes then turns left and keeps doing doughnuts. Is there somehting else I need to do?

joeap
08-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Ouch!!! Use GRADUAL throttle (you don't have a throttle control?)don't just go to 100% that's like slamming the throttle forward! Also make sure you have selected BOTH motors before take off. The He-111 can a be a handful to taxi as well.

mortoma
08-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you did not select both engines adn so your throttle was only controlling one of them. Go into the "Controls" menu and set up a key or key combination for "Select all Engines". And after you get your engines started, make sure you invoke that command. Also make sure you have a command for "Tail Wheel Lock" and hit that key before take off too. Before long you will be taking off in the 111 as dead straight down the runway as the AI. Or close anyway. Upon landing, unlock the tail wheel so you can taxi the plane to parking.

Wildnoob
08-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by joeap:
Also make sure you have selected BOTH motors before take off.

I guess it's probably this.

iL2fan
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok guys thanks. I'll see if this works

strider1
08-17-2008, 11:43 AM
After you hit "Select All Engines" command, set throttle @ 27% to taxi---control speed with the brake rather than increase or decrease throttle. It can get away on you if you make large throttle changes.

Lock the tailwheel for long staight taxi runs, stay on the brake for speed control. Don't forget to unlock the tailwheel when you need to turn.

Good luck, m8!

~S~ and Cheers!

Strider1

Stingray333
08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I once showed my brother (who is a much harder core and experienced gamer than I) IL-2 and got him to take off.. I started giving him some advice, but he cut me off, "I know how to take off in flight sims", so he he spawns nose straight down the runway, slams throttle to 100% and doesn't touch the stick, it didn't take him long to realize that his experience with arcade style flight sims didn't transfer over to IL-2

julian265
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
IMO the He-111 has an excessive tendency to rotate on the spot whilst on the ground and in the air.