PDA

View Full Version : Disable the Ministick Mouse on the X52?

hmkim
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I love every flying the IL-2 with my Saitek X52. The only thing that I'm not excited about it is the ministick mouse. I'd rather use it as a multi-way switch.

I cannot seem to find a way to disable the mouse functionality for the life of me. Is it possible? If so, can any kind soul help me?

hmkim
02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Ooops, typos.

I meant "I love every minute of flying..."

Wilburnator
02-10-2006, 08:48 PM
You can use the programming software to do this. Set it up in "banded" mode, where a certain range of it's motion in any given direction emulates a key press. I have mine set up as a four way switch. I also use the banded mode to use the thumb slider as a means of zooming my field of view in and out.

The software is a huge pain, in my opinion, but I'm with a little experimenting you can figure it out. I suggest if you arrive at a solution you are happy with that you back your profile up. It's very easy to accidentally nuke your profile if you're not careful. I've done it myself a half dozen times or so.

Salute

Tully__
02-10-2006, 10:34 PM
What Wilburnator said.

Right click on each axis control, select "Bands". Set up 3 bands on each axis with boundaries at about 33% and 67%. Leave the middle one blank as a "Dead Zone" and assign key strokes to the end bands, this will give you a 4 way hat functionality.

Dunkelgrun
02-11-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm not a fan of it in mouse mode either, so I set it up as a four-direction hat.
I use it for engine 1-4 selection; then, using the pinkie switch as a Shift key, also use it for releasing chocks, increasing/decreasing mixture and something else I can't remember offhand.

Cheers!

Grey_Mouser67
02-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I like it as a mouse, but its travel is too slow...any way to increase the speed of travel as a mouse?

Tully__
02-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:
I like it as a mouse, but its travel is too slow...any way to increase the speed of travel as a mouse?
Two ways:

1. In the game Hardware Setup/Input screen, increase the mouse sensitivity value; OR

2. In the Saitek profiling software there's a sensitivity slider on whichever hat is currently assigned to act as mouse in the profile you're currently editing.