PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chests/Value System

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Something else I'm trying to come up with is ideas on a monetary or reward system...

With the bomb ingredients in ACR, I had a huge excess of them that caused me to stop opening chests altogether. (even when I used bombs alot more & needed more ingredients).

By then I also had truckloads of $$ (sold ingred.s to Piri) - so it takes the fun of that away as the game progresses.

There has to be a system in place to use the $$ you accumulate... so far, we liberate & buy back storefronts & landmarks and we purchase upgrades for ourselves. But I've seen complaints about doing this.

I suppose AC could just offer alot less treasure chests so you don't accumulate too much?
Or..
I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif the Codex page stuff in ACII. I was wondering if people liked that & would want something like a puzzle clue thing in treasure chests.
I was wondering if that's a possibility?

Just curious about this aspect of AC.

SixKeys
12-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I found the money system in ACR more balanced than in AC2 and ACB. Although that may just be because those games have taught me that I'll always end up with too much money by the end, so I no longer withdraw money from the bank very often and tend to ignore treasure chests. The thing that kind of disappointed me was that bomb ingredient chests (the ones that didn't contain cash) would respawn all the time. When the game was announced, the devs talked about how there would be a limited amount of bomb ingredients so you would have to experiment and see what worked best, but you couldn't keep doing that forever. That turned out to be complete bunk. The most common ingredients fill up magically whenever you find a bomb-crafting station, the ingredients chests respawn all the time and Piri Reis can easily sell you some of the rarer stuff. So there are absolutely no limitations and you never have to worry about running out.

crash3
12-15-2011, 01:17 PM
I think ubisoft should only have treasure chests in templar banks that you can rob or at the end of tombs. There needs to be a more exciting way to explore every inche of the cities we visit, I think it gets quite boring that we spend so much time collecting stuff from chests that we dont need, we could be doing more missions instead to make money which I think is a better alternative

SixKeys
12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Also, something that didn't make much sense to me in ACR was how you would get bomb ingredients from looting guards and stealing from random citizens. With guards who use bombs it makes sense, but why would random citizens be carrying bomb ingredients? And the treasure chests that contained money also contained bomb ingredients. Hiding a money chest I can still buy, but why would the person include bomb ingredients in there? Is everyone in Constantinople obsessed with bombs??

IMO you should only get bomb ingredients from places where it makes sense. From guards that use bombs, bomb-crafting stations and maybe some special chests you can only find by exploring/treasure maps.

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
I think ubisoft should only have treasure chests in templar banks that you can rob or at the end of tombs. There needs to be a more exciting way to explore every inche of the cities we visit, I think it gets quite boring that we spend so much time collecting stuff from chests that we dont need, we could be doing more missions instead to make money which I think is a better alternative

The only time I bother with chests is when I'm broke in the beginning sequences.
Maybe the bank shouldn't give us so much either?
Maybe raise the prices of what we buy too?

IMO you should only get bomb ingredients from places where it makes sense. From guards that use bombs, bomb-crafting stations and maybe some special chests you can only find by exploring/treasure maps.

Ya that too. I'm not sure if they're including bombs in AC3 though.
I have a hard time believing a woman is carrying Arabic powder under her robes.