PDA

View Full Version : AC series in first person

davo1270
10-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I was just wondering, how would the Assassin's Creed Series be if it was first person. Or would it be cool if Ubisoft could make you play as Ezio in first person as a cheat, so you can just mess around during the game while looking through Ezio's eyes in ACB?

breakdown89
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
it would be interesting to say the least, but i still think that the AC franchise should still be third person as is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DarthEzio55
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
i was thinking the same, that they later could later release a firmware update that lets u play the game in 1st person, and u can turn it off in the extra's menu. it would be interesting, and possibly harder to play. but i'd still prefer third person

jlorence
10-07-2010, 07:07 PM
If it were only first person, I wouldn't even consider buying it. If it was just an option like MGS4, that's fine.

DarthEzio55
10-07-2010, 07:16 PM
yeah, i only want it to be a option, if it really were 1st person, i wouldnt like it at ALL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AnthonyA85
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
There is a first person element to it now, of sorts, in AC 2 (AC 1 had it in the form of eagle vison, but only eagle vision), you can look around, and use EV, but you can't fight or move.

I too think it would be interesting, especially in multiplayer, then you really wouldn't be able to see your persuers, though i think it would also be kinda fun in SP, but i'd only want it as a toggable option.

SBRedFlag
10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
It would be Mirror's Edge.

DarkicoN14
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
NO! just no

Grandmaster_Z
10-08-2010, 06:56 AM
NO

Victoroos
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I had a idea, to sue more different action camera's
So, let's say you make the last escape for teh memory, when you do a leap of fait, the camrea goes to the guard, and then you can see yourself doing that leap of fait, and then you're gone ;D

davo1270
10-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by victorjr:
So, let's say you make the last escape for teh memory, when you do a leap of fait, the camrea goes to the guard, and then you can see yourself doing that leap of fait, and then you're gone ;D

What do you mean by the last escape for the memory?

TheMusingMoose
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I do like looking at walls when climbing. And getting my bum hacked off because I can't counter when some bloke is standing behind with a battle axe.

NewBlade200
10-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I think that it will become a first person shooter after Assassins Creed 6. Then it will die. It will go through a reboot at 4 when the origional trilogy ends, it will be linear and have weird graphics, with no stealth elements. 5 will have some occasional 3rd person shooter elements, and still trades sandbox for graphics, the gun will act as a stealth tool, it will be 10 hours long. The 6th will be 30 hours long (after complaints on how short 5 was) and will be a cover based shooter. 7 will decide that the best way to be sucsessful is to copy COD. It will be 5-6 hours long, the multiplayer will feture unbalanced/overpowered guns, perks and killstreaks. It will ALL be a FPS. The old fans and anyone with taste will leave the series. All thats left will be aggresive 10 year old fanboys that spend most their time screaming at their screen and abusing non-fanboys. That is about how it will go. Enjoy the AC games while you can http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

davo1270
10-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I think that it will become a first person shooter after Assassins Creed 6. Then it will die. It will go through a reboot at 4 when the origional trilogy ends, it will be linear and have weird graphics, with no stealth elements. 5 will have some occasional 3rd person shooter elements, and still trades sandbox for graphics, the gun will act as a stealth tool, it will be 10 hours long. The 6th will be 30 hours long (after complaints on how short 5 was) and will be a cover based shooter. 7 will decide that the best way to be sucsessful is to copy COD. It will be 5-6 hours long, the multiplayer will feture unbalanced/overpowered guns, perks and killstreaks. It will ALL be a FPS. The old fans and anyone with taste will leave the series. All thats left will be aggresive 10 year old fanboys that spend most their time screaming at their screen and abusing non-fanboys. That is about how it will go. Enjoy the AC games while you can http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lol, I'm pretty sure that there will not be any more AC games after the trilogy, maybe there will be more small games for PSP like bloodlines or there might be AC3.5 but there won't be a AC4.

NewBlade200
10-09-2010, 11:26 PM
i think i read somewhere that the devs said assassins creed will not end with the first 3. that would just finish edsmond's story.

davo1270
10-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
i think i read somewhere that the devs said assassins creed will not end with the first 3. that would just finish edsmond's story.

who else would they talk about other than desmond, u think after him, theres gonna be another subject, like subject.18?

Victoroos
10-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by davo1270:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victorjr:

What do you mean by the last escape for the memory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I mean, for example, in ac2, the e3 demo (you remember?) that you jump in teh water and it zoomes out, that escape ;D

davo1270
10-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by victorjr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victorjr:

What do you mean by the last escape for the memory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I mean, for example, in ac2, the e3 demo (you remember?) that you jump in teh water and it zoomes out, that escape ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but thats such a small portion for the first person element, I was saying if they made an option to press start, and go to a cheats menu or something like that, and be able to turn on first person or leave it at third person

Wouldn't it be cool, if you were bored, to just go around in Ezio's eyes fighting with swords, or using ur hidden blades agains gaurds, or even doing a leap of faith and experiencing how Desmond fealth looking through Ezio's eyes

NewBlade200
10-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

who else would they talk about other than desmond, u think after him, theres gonna be another subject, like subject.18? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>maybe they could say phooey to the animus and just go to some guy in history ie: pre-altair templar vs assassin war, or subject 1-10 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SBRedFlag
10-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, Altair technically started the templar-assassin war, according to AC1...

D00CH
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
This isn't oblivion.

FPSkARnaGEoWn
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
It would be a whole different game. Without third-person view allot of the game mechanics would have to be drastically changed. The combat system works off targeting. That would be really hard to pull off in first-person, and typically you find yourself surrounded by guards, which would mean in first-person you would not be able to see behind you and would get owned in that kind of situation.

davo1270
10-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by FPSkARnaGEoWn:
It would be a whole different game. Without third-person view allot of the game mechanics would have to be drastically changed. The combat system works off targeting. That would be really hard to pull off in first-person, and typically you find yourself surrounded by guards, which would mean in first-person you would not be able to see behind you and would get owned in that kind of situation.

Well, how did Ezio pull off all of his adventure by seeing only through his eyes, lol