PDA

View Full Version : AC: Revelations Animus Edition in North America

cookiehess_17
07-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I just recently discovered that over the past couple years ubisoft has been holding out on north americans when it comes to premium collector editions of games such as AC2 and ACB with the Black and Codex editions. And now there's the Animus edition for AC:Revelations. I really want to try and gather enough support to convince ubisoft to release the animus edition in North America. Anyone willing to pay for the sub standard signature edition would gladly pay a bit more for the much more valuable animus edition. As a collector I'm highly frustrated that a great game dev such as ubisoft would segregate fan base importance in part to what part of the world they live in. Anyone who's with me please pay attention. I believe that if enough of us contact ubisoft with the same complaint than hopefully they will comply with the desires of their consumers.

kriegerdesgottes
07-19-2011, 05:04 PM
You just now realized this? well welcome to the world of disappointment because we, or I anyway, have been complaining about this for a long long time and they still pulled out the animus edition just for Europeans again after having done it three times before. Oh and that's not all! try getting one of those cool brotherhood ezio figures! that's right! you can't! you know why? You're too American. Anyway my point is there is no use in complaining anymore as tempting as it may be because we've been doing it for years and Ubisof doesn't seem to care because they def have heard our complaints.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
do you people really think that European and asian countries haven't suffered similarly from games from US based game developers? I for one am glad that with AC the roles are reversed for once.

kriegerdesgottes
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
You see I hear that exact same argument from Europeans all the time and you are right but how does that make it ok? Was it ok when only Americans got the good CE for GTA games when the games are made mostly in Scottland? no it wasn't. Everyone should get the same thing. I realize there are different cost issues that come up with different nations but giving the one group of people a way way better version and giving another group a mediocre version is not right. They could at least give both groups something great if not the same exact thing. You got a large awesome altair figure the first time. We got a 3inch figure in a little tin box. You got the black edition with the whole ACII we didn't get all the DLC. How would international costs affect DLC? You got the badass codex edition WE GOT A JACK IN THE BOX.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not saying it's fair. It's just that really you guys have so much less to complain about in that respect. It's just the way things work with games right now.
I think we should just focus on eliminating the triviality that borders have become en general in respect to things like this.

kriegerdesgottes
07-19-2011, 06:10 PM
agreed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShadowRage41
07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
do you people really think that European and asian countries haven't suffered similarly from games from US based game developers? I for one am glad that with AC the roles are reversed for once.

LOL.. I remember a time when Ninetendo was relatively young as was playstation. and I was reading reviews from Asian gamers about games they were playing that were not slated for release in the United states for several months. the caption would read. And coming to the United States soon. So the roles are not reversed for once. They have simply returned to the way they were in the beginning XD

As for the majority of recent games. it would appear the "majority" of the game developers have decided to keep both the North American Market as well as the European markets on even ground. All one has to do is look at all the upcoming major releases who have CE's to understand this.

I imagine in the beginning it had something to do with demographics. and how will this type of game will do in a particular region. They used the United states as the test bed for limited exclusive content. It became obvious that not only did Americans like it, but the rest of the world seemed to like it as well. and were willing to shell out cash for them. In this day and time what Ubisoft is doing is not the norm but the exception to the norm.

If they decided to release a statement concerning why they do this. and support it with empirical evidence the complaining would subside. but they choose not to. and so we are left with our own subjective opinions concerning the subject

I will sign on to this petition for whatever it's worth. and encourage other people in North America who would like an LE to do the same. but the kicker is? We should not have to. The company we support should desire to do the right thing for all their fans. and that goes for any other game developer that might consider doing this to their fans. Regardless of region they should value their consumers. ALL of us enable them to make games. XD. never loose sight of that.

kriegerdesgottes
07-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

LOL.. I remember a time when Ninetendo was relatively young as was playstation. and I was reading reviews from Asian gamers about games they were playing that were not slated for release in the United states for several months. the caption would read. And coming to the United States soon. So the roles are not reversed for once. They have simply returned to the way they were in the beginning XD

As for the majority of recent games. it would appear the "majority" of the game developers have decided to keep both the North American Market as well as the European markets on even ground. All one has to do is look at all the upcoming major releases who have CE's to understand this.

I imagine in the beginning it had something to do with demographics. and how will this type of game will do in a particular region. They used the United states as the test bed for limited exclusive content. It became obvious that not only did Americans like it, but the rest of the world seemed to like it as well. and were willing to shell out cash for them. In this day and time what Ubisoft is doing is not the norm but the exception to the norm.

If they decided to release a statement concerning why they do this. and support it with empirical evidence the complaining would subside. but they choose not to. and so we are left with our own subjective opinions concerning the subject

I will sign on to this petition for whatever it's worth. and encourage other people in North America who would like an LE to do the same. but the kicker is? We should not have to. The company we support should desire to do the right thing for all their fans. and that goes for any other game developer that might consider doing this to their fans. Regardless of region they should value their consumers. ALL of us enable them to make games. XD. never loose sight of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only there was a LIKE button for this post.

CRUDFACE
07-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I'm not saying it's fair. It's just that really you guys have so much less to complain about in that respect. It's just the way things work with games right now.
I think we should just focus on eliminating the triviality that borders have become en general in respect to things like this.

So it's cool to switch it up and let someone still get effed? Dude, this is worse than usual. We can't even get the collector's edition this time around, let alone the animus edition. this is the first time I noticed this, then back tracked to the other times when we got the **** version of ACB, and splinter cell sucked, as well as AC2's best edition.

I just want people to have a chance at all the versions, or at least a best overall version. I really want to see what their reasons and justifications are for doing this.

But hey, whatever, they care about this like they care about our discussions.

swiftkinfe
07-19-2011, 11:40 PM
This is pretty lame..AGAIN.Looks like for the DLC content we will just have to wait 3 or 4 months before DLC time.woot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

At least certain websites have decent stuff.But I would much rather get the Turkish assassin gear without waiting 4 months for DLC.

Oatkeeper
07-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Region exclusive stuff is just utter bull. regardless of what countries its keeping content from.

and because people like to say America gets more:
Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandoras tower anybody? Oh thats right Nintendo of America thinks that the only game we should play this year is zelda. Meanwhile japan has had them for a while and Europe is getting them.

It happens to all of us.

(And before anyone tells me about the wii sucking, thats bull and you know it. The wii has a alot of great games, some of them you just gotta look harder for.)

Azugo
07-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I just wanna say that it's not exclusive to Europe -- it's also available to me, here in Australia, which I assume that means it's also available in New Zealand.

Anyway, even though I am Australian, I do agree with you Americans that region exclusivity is, well, just a stupid idea... Seeing how most of the sales will be in the country with the with the 3rd biggest population in the world.

Just seems like a no-brainer to me.

LightRey
07-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
Region exclusive stuff is just utter bull. regardless of what countries its keeping content from.

and because people like to say America gets more:
Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandoras tower anybody? Oh thats right Nintendo of America thinks that the only game we should play this year is zelda. Meanwhile japan has had them for a while and Europe is getting them.

It happens to all of us.

(And before anyone tells me about the wii sucking, thats bull and you know it. The wii has a alot of great games, some of them you just gotta look harder for.)
what, what and what? Never even heard of those games.
'sides, everything the US get from Japan, the EU in turn gets another few months later. There aren't exactly that many popular EU based game developers either.

Ureh
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't see much of a difference between Signature and Animus editions. Encyclopedia can be ordered from Ubiworkshop (which actually comes with a bonus) and they only get early access to digital content. Probably the only difference is the cardboard box that the Animus edition is coming in and the binding of the encyclopedias. Imo, we aren't being left out this time.

alex.richard
07-24-2011, 09:49 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...ion&t=20110620165628 (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Petition&t=20110620165628)
We have been trying to do the same thing at the Assassins Creed wiki also!!!!

Black_Widow9
07-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
This is already being discussed here-
Official Assassin's Creed Revelations Editions Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7451033239)

Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>