PDA

View Full Version : Windgenerator would be great addition

aukieboy
02-04-2006, 11:44 AM
This subject has been brought up before probably several times but I'd like to highlight it ones more...
A good windgenerator in which you can set wind speed, type and direction would make a flightsim even more interesting. It's a hugh RL aspect of flying and should be modelled in a realistic sim in my opinion.
Well I understand it might cost a lot of work so I wonder if this will ever be incorporated.

georgeo76
02-04-2006, 01:01 PM
An entire atmospheric model w/ wind, airpockets, micro-bursts, cross/down drafts, and the like is sorely needed. I will be disappointed if BoB doesn't include this.

Soapy_112th
02-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I generate a lot of wind when I fly, perhaps Oleg et al would like me to produce a flatulence graph for their perusal ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Stackhouse25th
02-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by georgeo76:
An entire atmospheric model w/ wind, airpockets, micro-bursts, cross/down drafts, and the like is sorely needed. I will be disappointed if BoB doesn't include this.

I STAND WITH YOU

mazexx
02-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, adding this into IL2/PF would naturally be nice but I guess it's time for Oleg to stop playing Santa Claus around here. The kids get pissed and want new toys even before he has opened the sack so...

For BoB it's a whole different story. I fully agree with georgeo76 that it would be very disappointing if we didn't get it in the new engine. I guess the problem is making the effects of thermals and turbulence feel realistic in a game. When you dont feel the slight G change it will probably feel annoying when you suddenly change attitude in the air. In many cases IRL when hitting downwinds on the final approach the attitude is marginally changed but the descent may be doubled (and you feel can feel that in your butt!). In a game you would only see that if you look at the variometer... Maybe a slight head movement upwards could give a feeling of reduced positive G?

/Mazex

RxMan
02-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I think needed for BOB would be localization of weather effects. Mission builder could designate bad weather to a limited area, and another weather condition to the general mapd.

TX-EcoDragon
02-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Agreed. . .

Tater-SW-
02-05-2006, 09:18 PM
A game that is supposed to have CV ops, but doesn't have wind over the deck is broken.

I'd be happy with a fixed wind direction as a weather state.

tater

slipBall
02-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Well I think this is a great idea, I hope that we do see this in the future. One thing is for sure, Windsocks, would be welcomed. SlipBall (I was only following orders)

slipBall
02-06-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/index.htm

A little about BOB weather, what sounds cool to me, is the prop wash. SlipBall (I was only following orders)