PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up, BBC2 UK - 20th Century Battlefields - Stalingrad

Xiolablu3
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
On now..

Irish_Rogues
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
It's pretty good too, if I remember rightly.

Fox_3
06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Korean war next week.

SeaFireLIV
06-19-2007, 04:36 AM
I was a bit dissapointed with this because they`ve decided to do without the acters playing the part of historical characters and they`ve even copped on the detaled computer graphics of events now, just relying on little blue and red men.

It was the detailed computer recreations and the attempt to bring it close to the viewer that I liked. Now it`s a little more boring.

mynameisroland
06-19-2007, 06:04 AM
I thought the programme was a bit crappola to be honest. The whole sniper/comand post thing was pish, and why were the little Blue CG German tanks M60s? It also fell in to the trap of re using some bits of archive footage over and over - I counted one bit reappearing 3 times, and why was the KV1 tank footage used as if it were a German tank?

I know Im a stickler for detail but If the producer or even the presenters had read Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad then they would have had at least had a clue.

If they wanted good footage they should have used licensed clips from that German film Stalingrad - ready made, historically accurate and better than some Blue / Red Command and Conquer BS.