PDA

View Full Version : Aquilus?

swiftkinfe
08-12-2011, 10:16 PM
So just exactly how canon is Aquilus? A few threads ago there was a video on the Assassins creed franchise released by Ubisoft. I cant seem to find the thread but it would be helpful if someone remembered.

EDIT!!!! I found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...SVaMAg&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVoVHSVaMAg&feature=feedu)
Anyways the link was a video showing numerous Assassins in a sort of a chronological order.And I noticed Aquilus was featured? The french graphic novel I know is non canon but does that mean Aquilus is?I don't recall the video ever showing the non-canon modern segments so whats the possibility on at least him being related to Desmond in some way.Come to think of it he could be Ezio's family s ancestor.But the overall point is Aquilus not the modern segments canon?

Subject_4
08-13-2011, 03:29 AM
As far as I know none of it is considered canon, but within the story, Desmond is a descendant of Aquilus, and he relives his memories when traveling from the safe house to Monteriggioni.

That said, It is still part of the AC universe; they probably do not want to shun it.

From what I heard though, (and I may be remembering incorrectly) during the comic-con fan panel they said they are designing all of the future non-primary (IE Console/PC games) material to be canonical, but probably mostly cover things that are not plot-central or things that can not be shown within the context, IE past events that can not be seen in the Animus, an example would be Ezio's death, which is rumoured to be part of Embers.

Subject 4

swiftkinfe
08-13-2011, 09:49 PM
So not the slightest chance at ancestry? So if we cut out everything but the segments with Aquilus he still doesn't count?

Subject_4
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
So not the slightest chance at ancestry? So if we cut out everything but the segments with Aquilus he still doesn't count?

In my opinion, no. But I could be wrong.