PDA

View Full Version : FB built in Server?

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 10:39 PM
S! to all;

Just a question about the feature in FB that allows one to create a server. When I create a server within the FB control center, does that mean if someone had my ip address, they could connect and play in my house(server)?

And if that is the case, what is the difference between a server created in that manner, and a dedicated server? I was thinking, a lot of peolple have been complaining about the dedicated server that ubi created, that only works on ubi. Hasn't FB already provided us with a server, built-in with the game?

And if so,is the difference the ability to congregate in one place, in able to choose a server to play on? Would this be the definition of a dedicated server?

Thanks in advance for your responses! This is just something I would like to get a better understanding of. I S! you.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 10:39 PM
S! to all;

Just a question about the feature in FB that allows one to create a server. When I create a server within the FB control center, does that mean if someone had my ip address, they could connect and play in my house(server)?

And if that is the case, what is the difference between a server created in that manner, and a dedicated server? I was thinking, a lot of peolple have been complaining about the dedicated server that ubi created, that only works on ubi. Hasn't FB already provided us with a server, built-in with the game?

And if so,is the difference the ability to congregate in one place, in able to choose a server to play on? Would this be the definition of a dedicated server?

Thanks in advance for your responses! This is just something I would like to get a better understanding of. I S! you.