PDA

View Full Version : Missing icons/Lost towns

Dark-Whisperer
01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey people.
Since we now know all five factions in Heroes VI, I went trough creature lineup since Heroes I and there are some creatures that have appeared in all installments of Heroes and they are not included in newest:

1. Dwarf
2. Elf
3. Unicorn
4. Minotaur
5. Hydra
6. Dragon (any kind but specially black, and yes I know that in Heroes I creature was named just Dragon)

Also there are factions that appeared in every part that are not included in Heroes VI.

1. Warlock/Dungeon
2. Sorceress/Rampart
3. Wizard/Academy (except in Heroes I)

There are also some iconic creatures that appeared in almost all Heroes and are missing now:

1. Nightmare
2. Titan
3. Phoenix
4. Druid
5. Gargoyle
6. Golem
7. Sprite...

I guess that lost towns will appear in add-ons and that there are just 5 towns in vanilla because we will have 3 expansions with additional towns. That will probably also solve some of missing creatures issue, but current lineup gives me feeling of incompletion. Your thoughts?

Niphire
01-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Uhm, how do you know all creatures and factions that will be in the game? I don't see any information at all about the 5th faction yet. So about the creature I think it's too early to say, but I agree that it is sad that at least one of Warlock, Sorceress and wizard is out of the core game. It actually does not seem like a core game, more like a buyable BETA. *sigh*

Dark-Whisperer
01-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry, I thought that everybody knew about leak of the fifth faction. And it was confirmed by Elvin on Heroes Community that fifth faction will be Water/Nagas. Everyone who want to know more check Heroes Community Forum.

kodial79
01-10-2011, 08:51 AM
There are going to be expansions that will introduce more factions to H6. So don't worry about it just yet. Remember, in H5 there were no dwarves, orcs, goblins, centaurs, wyverns and cyclopes until the expansions were released.

If there's going to be one faction per expansion then we need Ubisoft to release at least three! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Ygds11
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry, I thought that everybody knew about leak of the fifth faction. And it was confirmed by Elvin on Heroes Community that fifth faction will be Water/Nagas. Everyone who want to know more check Heroes Community Forum.

I am sorry to ask, but could you link at least where this information can at least be obtained. I can't find any of the screenshots, even after numerous searched on HC. All I get is forum posts talking about absent pictures. Maybe this is UBi at work, but dang it, I look at these forums everyday, and haven't seen a thing. all I know is that the new faction sounds awful. Too many humanoid units once again. Don't they get it. This is the biggest complaint I have heard to date about the new mythology.

kodial79
01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ygds11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm sorry, I thought that everybody knew about leak of the fifth faction. And it was confirmed by Elvin on Heroes Community that fifth faction will be Water/Nagas. Everyone who want to know more check Heroes Community Forum.

I am sorry to ask, but could you link at least where this information can at least be obtained. I can't find any of the screenshots, even after numerous searched on HC. All I get is forum posts talking about absent pictures. Maybe this is UBi at work, but dang it, I look at these forums everyday, and haven't seen a thing. all I know is that the new faction sounds awful. Too many humanoid units once again. Don't they get it. This is the biggest complaint I have heard to date about the new mythology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on their facebook page too, on the wall and include messages by others. But be warned, it's WIP, they don't look as good as the other units' artworks. Low resolution scans and still unfinished in colouring at least. I really wish they had not been leaked.

Ygds11
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Thankyou oh so much. sure the artworks are sub par. But i think the faction looks great. I am not too keen on the water maidens though. But the kappa and the kirin are just fantastic.

kodial79
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ygds11:
Thankyou oh so much. sure the artworks are sub par. But i think the faction looks great. I am not too keen on the water maidens though. But the kappa and the kirin are just fantastic.

No problem... I guess it's ok now since they're not taking them off their facebook page even. I still hate it that they had to be leaked and not properly revealed... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Ygds11
01-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I actually used a link from one of the comments. but since that comment was not tagged and removed I suppose everything is fine. Really in the end I don't think it really hurts too much. they might be prototype images and much might have been changed, but at least it gives us an idea of what to expect.

The official reveal is rather close so we will see just how out of date those concept arts really are.

GoranXII
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Okay, firstly, the Vanilla release isn't the whole game, so we probably will be seeing Dungeon, Sylvan and Academy making a return. Secondly, the nightmare was only in the last 2 games, the Phoenix is still in (albeit with a different look) as a neutral, and the others go back to the factions.

Nightmus
01-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for info, found these images. I like some of these creatures, but there are too much relation to Japanese culture. I prefer less real world parallels. Didn't like arabian themed heros and mages of Academy in H5 and similarly don't like the new japanese faction.

I'm very disappointed that there would be no Academy, Dungeon and Sylvan. I didn't expect all of them to fit in 5 factions of H6, but to see none of them is too much! These particular 3 factions are all I play as. Now I'm left with only hopes to find the 5th faction good at gameplay or stick to boring Haven.

GoranXII
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Or just wait for the expansion, which is bound to introduce at least one of the old factions.