PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Ponderment....

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I have completed the first game for the fifth or so time as of about 45 minutes ago,.... and noticed on the wall that there was a number set, similar to what you find for the Bible. That number set was 22:13. Having thought this may be a Biblical referene, and that the next game coming out was Revelations, I chose to find the text of Revelations, 22:13 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelations%2022:13&version=NIV):

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Does anyone else think there is a reference in all of this to what may happen in revelations? I took the oppertunity to find the whole of Chapter 22 in Revelations to see this quote in context and came up with the following:

Revelation 22

Eden Restored
1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
John and the Angel
6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”
7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

Epilogue: Invitation and Warning
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

The reason I place the whole chapter up here is for context. That said I noticed a lot of things that could be used in the next game in the first set of versus, and could be construed in such a way as to make for an interesting game.

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city.

We know that the Apples emit light. If all the Apples come togethor, and they all emit light, what could it look like? I don't think that they'll all come togethor in Revelations. However, I do think that there could be a possible set up for AC3.

On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

I happened to be curious as to know how many Pieces of Eden there were. The wiki says that there were six apples. Then there was The Sword, The Staff, The Shroud, and The Crystal Skulls. Now, I don't know exactly how many Skulls there were, but the wiki says they were divided up between the Inca, the Aztec, and the Myan peoples, suggesting that there were at least three. If we add them up, six apples (6), plus The Sword, Staff, and Shroud (3), and a minimum of three skulls (3), we get twelve.

There were twelve crops, and a minimum of twelve Pieces of Eden. Then the leaves of the Tree of Life are supposed to be capable of Healing, much like The Shroud was. I can see a parallel there.

3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Now this is the part that concerns me the most, reletive to how it could relate to the story line. It states that there will be no more curse, and that the servants will serve him. I've always seen the Templars as viewing free will as a curse of sorts, like a barbaric tendency of man. They seek to use the PoE's as a way of forcing man to do their bidding.

It later goes on to say that they will see his face, and his name will be on thier foreheads. Having recently played the first game, Al Mualim says that the Apple is temptation, for all those who look upon it/in it. It's interesting to me to draw comparison between looking at someone, and peering into the Apple, as two possible interpretations. The original writer may have been confused, similarly to how Ezio was when he met Minerva, and she began speaking to Desmond.

In regards to his name being upon their foreheads, this to me could represent mind control of sorts. Having dominion over someones thoughts and actions.

Then in the last part, it goes on to say:

5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

It's funny that there's been predictions about the sun. Minerva talks about how the sun, and a solar flare almost destroyed both populations. It also seemed to me that the Apples were created to help protect and provide for man, as God would seem to do here.

Then it goes on to state that they will reign for ever and ever. Could this be a reference to the Templars perhaps? Perhaps other Assassins, and Templars found these messages, and were shown things through the PoE's, and this is their interpretation of it.

Thoughts and Opinions everyone?

Mikatsuki95
08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
In the AC universe TWCB are "God". They were worshipped as such under many names.

I don't think the apples were meant to help us but them. If the apples were intended to help humans they wouldn't have made it to where it can control human minds but not theirs.

Al Mualim did say the apple was temptation. Why would God make such a thing to be used on humans? Replace "God" with the slavers of TWCB and we see why, to control humans.

As for god giving light, that just reminds me of the people of Masyaf who said they were given the light when Al Mualim used the apple. That could be a connection but I have no idea what exactly they meant by light. Look up the Codex and you'll see what Altair had to say about this "light" though.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Yes, I know the Apples were made to enslave mankind. However, to what end? This is the question. Were we to be slaves without end, or to help rebuild and save TWCB? If they were here, and we were trying to save them from a solar catastrophe, wouldn't we be saving ourselves to?

Mikatsuki95
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Its unknown what kind of tasks they had out for humans upon their creation. From the truth video we know they were making something but thats all.

I don't think they needed humans to help them at the time, only now. They seem to know everything that needed to be done, but became so obsessed with the war they neglected the sun. Now that they are gone, only humans can help stop it. But they're interest seem to be more in saving the planet rather than saving humans. Judging by what Juno said.

To what end? don't know you'd have to ask them. If they needed humans as you said, the only thing they could've provided was labor since they obviously weren't smarter than TWCB. Labor for what, I can't say

twenty_glyphs
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
The 22:13 thing has interested me for a long time as well. There's something big going on where the beginning is closely tied to the end. One of the wall writings that we could read in the Desmond's Journey trailer from E3 said "The end is the beginning." That's probably why it's so important for Desmond to see what the beginning was all about in Eden. The wall at Abstergo also had a fractal Mandelbrot set that's also a glyph in AC2. That symbol would mostly be associated with recursion and self-similarity, so there is something here about how the end is closely tied or parallel to the beginning. I think the Alpha and Omega statement is about Desmond, and in the AC world John saw a vision through a Piece of Eden that showed him this and led him to write it down. We've seen that many parts of the Bible have elements of truth to them in the AC world, even though Rodrigo Borgia didn't believe any of it.

The most interesting part of what you quoted is the "Eden restored" section also mentioning the Tree of Life. If the Tree of Life, which is central to the original Garden of Eden story, really does play a role in the AC world, this is another mention of it. Also, perhaps Eden will get restored in the present. Maybe it is just hiding underground now and "sunk" like Atlantis did.

If any of this stuff is going to happen, I doubt that much, if anything will happen in Revelations. It seems like Revelations is going to be about uncovering the truth about the mysteries of the past and finding out what that means for the future. I would expect the big actions to take place in AC3.

Animuses
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Isn't this from Fallout 3 as well?

LightRey
08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Isn't this from Fallout 3 as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a quite well known phrase from the bible. I'm not surprised it's in other popular games.

roostersrule2
08-12-2011, 11:48 PM
its also written on the walls of abstergo

Poodle_of_Doom
08-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
The most interesting part of what you quoted is the "Eden restored" section also mentioning the Tree of Life. If the Tree of Life, which is central to the original Garden of Eden story, really does play a role in the AC world, this is another mention of it. Also, perhaps Eden will get restored in the present. Maybe it is just hiding underground now and "sunk" like Atlantis did.

Perhaps after whatever happens, Desmond is meant to reestablish humanity, and civilization through an Eden of sorts?

InfectedNation
08-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

Perhaps after whatever happens, Desmond is meant to reestablish humanity, and civilization through an Eden of sorts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Perhaps TWCB are using Desmond and the POE's to restore the world back to the state of Eden, into enslavement...

Subject_4
08-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Indeed, we have no real idea what the intentions of TWCB are. I am not aware of much information that even suggests, regardless, they could even be trying to mislead the assassins, or anyone else who gets a hold of POE. For that matter, they may not even be aware of the Templar vs. Assassin history.

Subject 4

LightRey
08-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Subject_4:
Indeed, we have no real idea what the intentions of TWCB are. I am not aware of much information that even suggests, regardless, they could even be trying to mislead the assassins, or anyone else who gets a hold of POE. For that matter, they may not even be aware of the Templar vs. Assassin history.

Subject 4
Yeah, all we really have at this point is their word.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I imagine they'd be aware of a whole lot. They knew about Desmond all those years ago, so who knows what they do and do not know? Anyway, like rey said, it is simply their word. And that's not all that significant after they enslaved us.

What if all this is a ploy to reestablish their species here? Maybe they added their DNA to ours and Desmond and Eve have to get togethor, who also has TWCB DNA, thus creating another one of TWCB? However it ends, I know I'll love it.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 03:38 PM
And, on one of the threads I most recently posted on, this has been suggested again. I thought I would bring this up again...