PDA

View Full Version : Landing the Me-262

TonyPiech
01-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I need some tips in landing the Me-262, what's the optimal landing speed? My problem seems to be landing at too slow a speed, I seem to need to throttle-up to almost 100% to keep my descent rate from dropping too fast. My plane feels like a rock when descending.

ColoradoBBQ
01-30-2005, 06:52 PM
You'll need more throttle because this plane is very heavy with two weak jet engines. Keep checking your speedometer and climb meter to make sure you're not decending too rapidly or going too fast. Try to keep your speed around 240 kph and keep the decent around 5 meters per second.

TonyPiech
01-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Thnka for the tip CBBQ, I'll give it a try, and see how it goes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FI_Willie
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Don't forget that when you're slow, you're in the realm of reversed control. To gain speed and altitude you HAVE to lower the nose unless you have a monster motor, then you have to worry about torque rolls. Then you'll gain speed and lift. Feels wierd and sounds silly but it works in r/l applications as well.

I haven't messed with the 262 in a while but I recall you have to fly that punk all the way down. I recall it took forever it seemed, to slow it down and then it got real stupid.

VW-IceFire
01-30-2005, 08:59 PM
The Me-262 is the single hardest plane in the game to land. Thats what I've found anyways...correct me if there's a harder one.

Maybe the He-162?

Anyways, the thing to do here I think is to approach the field from a good distance away, throttle back but don't ever cut the throttle, keep it at 25% or something like that. Inch it up and down and use combat flaps to keep you going. Then you need to judge where you are and let the plane drop (with nose up AoA) right onto the runway. If you come in fast you simply cannot slow down...

RogerBacon2000
01-30-2005, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The Me-262 is the single hardest plane in the game to land. Thats what I've found anyways...correct me if there's a harder one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think is is easier than a lot of planes because it has the tricycle landing gear. I hate the taildraggers. I always end up "Porposing" down the runway.

Roger Bacon

Red_Russian13
01-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't think I've ever successfully landed one...well, not on its wheels.

Admittedly, I don't fly them much, but they seemed rather difficult.

WTE_Galway
01-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I find if you touch down very close to the runway threshhold (so you have the entire runway to slow down) with a bit of throttle still on they are not to bad to land actually

han freak solo
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Any tips on take off?

In the Me-262 and the Bf-110 I don't get enough rudder to compensate for the yaw on takeoff. I either hit a building or just miss one making a rough and bouncing takeoff.

I think its the twin engine thingy, but in PF I can take off in A-20s and Beaufighters just fine.

Badsight.
01-30-2005, 11:25 PM
the 262 doesnt have weak landing gear , & tricycle planes are the eaiset to land

just come in too fast (even 300+) , wack it on the ground & hit the brakes

its a good dead stick plane too cos it dont like to slow down unless you make it

papotex
01-30-2005, 11:36 PM
practice... i can fly over leningrad and land on streets and roads.. among buildings

fun!!