PDA

View Full Version : Any squads practice glider towing?

Pentallion
05-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I know there was a squad that used to do a lot of glider missions out there but I can't remember the name of it, so I thought I'd just see what squads there are out there that have done a bit of glider towing and landing them on target.

Working on an Operation MarketGarden online war and figured any squads out there that enjoy trying to land gliders in a small target area would enjoy beta testing it.

Stuka_G10
05-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Do you mean Operation Market? Operation garden was the ground elemnent.

FoolTrottel
05-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Well, it's all about landing gliders, so that's the ground element of it ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

VFA-25_Cobain
05-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, I know flying (landing) gliders is very possible in a DF mission.

For example, use the same method as making all AI planes flyable, and put a G-11 at an airstart base. I can make the map, if anyone is interested.

Pentallion
05-13-2006, 10:56 PM
No, I meant Operation MarketGarden, since I'll be using Scorched Earth, which interfaces with IL2 missions, so each glider will actually be carrying ground units and the C47's will actually be carrying ground units as well (without having to make paradrops which kill frames) And XXX Corps progress across Hell's Highway will actually be tracked along with losses to all units on both sides involved in the conflict. And the ground and air units on both sides will be moved by each teams commanders. So while one side plots out their sides ground and air movement, the other independently does the same using Scorched Earths GUI. The Scorched Earth creates an IL2 mission where neither side knows what the other is doing and after the mission is flown, Scorched Earth takes the mission results and applies it to the GUI so both sides see what forces they lost, where their forces are now and what enemy forces they've reconned.

And where you get the glider to land is where the troops appear in the next mission, ready to move or do what you tell them to.

So yeah, I meant Operation MarketGarden. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pentallion
05-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Any squads out there that want the challenge of towing gliders so that they land within the landing zone, knowing how well they do will affect how far those troops have to go to capture their objective in the following missions?