PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Sci-fi ***SPOILERS***

Photus
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I've been playing Assassin's Creed for about 3 hours, and I've noticed that there is a lot of modern day tie-ins when playing the game. At first I thought it was interesting, but after experiencing it, I think there is way too much time spent focusing on it. People who have played the game may know what I'm talking about. What do you guys think?

***spoiler tags added

poonstain
11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
if you dont like it then dont play it, its been known for a while now that the game had a sci-fi twist, its nothing new.

Skaevola
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, although this game should have focused more on the Medieval "timeline" (so to speak), I think they were just trying to get through a certain portion of the modern stuff to set it up for a sequel. Who knows? Maybe this focus on the modern stuff will end up making the next game great!

Also, I think that this first AC game was kind of an experiment. Just about everything in it was something that had never been tried before. If Ubisoft decides to make another AC (and I can practically guarantee they will), I'll bet they'll learn from that kind of mistake and it will be even better than this first installment.

thun712
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
Well, although this game should have focused more on the Medieval "timeline" (so to speak), I think they were just trying to get through a certain portion of the modern stuff to set it up for a sequel. Who knows? Maybe this focus on the modern stuff will end up making the next game great!

Also, I think that this first AC game was kind of an experiment. Just about everything in it was something that had never been tried before. If Ubisoft decides to make another AC (and I can practically guarantee they will), I'll bet they'll learn from that kind of mistake and it will be even better than this first installment.

AC was definitely an experiment. The "flaws" that reviewers bash are things that are easily corrected on future games. *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">The existence of the twists is to set the stage for sequels. I think the last game or most of it (in the trilogy) is supposed to take place on modern times. You may play as Desmond for the whole game. BTW I have not played the game so</span> I will not indulge further into the storyline.