PDA

View Full Version : Don't have FS2004? Still want realistic Air Traffic Control?

PBNA-Boosher
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I had an idea for a new type of server with a TS interaction system. For people who want to brush up on their radio and comm skills as real pilots, or for people who want to learn how to do it in real life, why don't we make a server for it?

We'd have 2, maybe 3 uncontrolled airports where people can take off from, and then one central controlled airport with a player acting as a live air traffic controller. All comm chat would take place on TS.

Included would be:

Realistic Air Traffic Communication
Squawk codes
Identing (using AC lights for ident instead of transponder)
Pattern work
Short- Field take off & landing (a small runway with a 50 foot obstacle)

Possible: Airshows when people get good.

SPECIAL!

Intercept procedure- Probably the most stressful and most fun you'll have. Intercept will be 1-5 planes under control of the controller. Anyone who continuously breaks pattern or regulation for whatever purpose must be subject to intercept and identification procedure. These would be Jet aircraft, most likely Me-262A-1a aircraft with their rocket loadouts. Intercept procedures are crucial to learn, as if you don't follow them in real life, you will be shot down.

UK_Rocket
08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Sounds interesting!

danjama
08-24-2005, 01:52 PM
BUMP! nice idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG7_Rall
08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
as long as that controller isn't you.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

PBNA-Boosher
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I was thinking we'd take people who are real pilots and use them as the ATC guys. I would take one shift, a bunch of other guys could do some as well. If there's more than one of us on at a time, we could operate as interceptors.

xTHRUDx
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
you idea is already in place in the next version of the MS flight sim series. seen a demo of it.

PBNA-Boosher
08-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Still, I think we could have a market on this. Why should you have to buy another Microsoft product to practice Tower communication and pattern work?

flockzap
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I´m a former military ATC. I think I still have something left in my memory...

FLockzap

PBNA-Boosher
08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
That would be excellent.