PDA

View Full Version : Blend

Lordgrunty11
07-13-2007, 10:20 AM
This video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21930.html) shows all the button actions clearly at the top left and most of the time the A button says blend, I haven't heard of this yet and I assume that it will be to act like you are one of the crowd (for instance when you are next to monks you bow your head and cross your arms) but it is also there when you are ontop of roofs, so what would you do then?

ScytheOfGrim
07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
act as if you're pigeon poop.

SmokehtheFirst
07-13-2007, 04:48 PM
You can blend anywhere I think, so you probably can do it on the roof, too.

olendvcook
07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
it probably wont be as effective on a roof, whos ever heard of a monk praying on the roof?

OhItsArcheys
07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
yeh i was wondering about that too what does it do , is it like "blend in crowd" or something else since you can do it on the roof but i doubt monks will be taking a walk on the roofs!

(Monks learn parkour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

moqqy
07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by olendvcook:
it probably wont be as effective on a roof, whos ever heard of a monk praying on the roof?

as scythe said.. "act as if you're pigeon poop."

TheTrojanPig
07-13-2007, 05:45 PM
in the gamespot written review they said when you blend you look like a praying monk so im assuming youll just become a fake monk no matter if there are monks around

Mulle_DK13
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe it just means that when you click that, he will reach out his arm really fast, and just pick the closest living thing, then pull up a blender and squeeze it into it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dinner is served! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lordgrunty11
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
does anyone know if you will only be able to act like a monk? because I thought that you would act like whoever is around you, if its only monks then they should add some other people to blend in with.

spazzoo1025
07-13-2007, 06:10 PM
jeez!! i feekin wrote it all down in anoter thread! thankfully, god (or maybe just Dell) made the ctrl-C and V buttons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just so you know, this is all guessing! I'm not totally sure if this is what they are, but it seems right. So don't scream at me if I'm wrong

The meter in the top-left is like the Alert level. Red and flashing icon means the guards know you're here and are coming for you.
Yellow icon means they're on alert, but don't see you.
White for the icon and meter means you're safe.

As for the button pressing:
During fighting, there was:
--Attack
--Grasp (probably like grab the dude)
--Step (like strafe i suppose)

When someone swings at you, there's:
--Counter
--Grab something (probably grab weapon or summin)
--Dodge

When walking around (when you've got a target), there is:
--Eagle vision
--Grasp
--Attack
--looks like free-run, can't really tell. (with intensity on, ((holding the right trigger)) the free-run option turns green, probably making it better.

While on a ladder, there is:
--Eagle Vision
--Drop
--Jump

When just walking normally (i.e. in a crowd), there is:
--Eagle Vision
--Gentle Push
--Throw Knife
--Blend

When running with a target (i.e. running at a bad guy), there is:
--Throw Knife
--Tackle
--Free-Run

The thing in the bottom-left is weapon select I believe, because if you notice, there's four images:
--Hands ( i think it's switchblade)
--two swords crossed (maybe the short sword)
--Assassin's Knife
--I don't know what the top one is, maybe it's just no weapon.

And to the monk question, you can do sidequests with other factions notice the s is bold, so im guessing yeah. not sure though

olendvcook
07-13-2007, 06:15 PM
idk in a video i saw they used blend around no monks and he still acted like a monk

spazzoo1025
07-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Well he can try to blend, it might not do him much good.

moqqy
07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
jeez!! i feekin wrote it all down in anoter thread! thankfully, god (or maybe just Dell) made the ctrl-C and V buttons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just so you know, this is all guessing! I'm not totally sure if this is what they are, but it seems right. So don't scream at me if I'm wrong

The meter in the top-left is like the Alert level. Red and flashing icon means the guards know you're here and are coming for you.
Yellow icon means they're on alert, but don't see you.
White for the icon and meter means you're safe.

As for the button pressing:
During fighting, there was:
--Attack
--Grasp (probably like grab the dude)
--Step (like strafe i suppose)

When someone swings at you, there's:
--Counter
--Grab something (probably grab weapon or summin)
--Dodge

When walking around (when you've got a target), there is:
--Eagle vision
--Grasp
--Attack
--looks like free-run, can't really tell. (with intensity on, ((holding the right trigger)) the free-run option turns green, probably making it better.

While on a ladder, there is:
--Eagle Vision
--Drop
--Jump

When just walking normally (i.e. in a crowd), there is:
--Eagle Vision
--Gentle Push
--Throw Knife
--Blend

When running with a target (i.e. running at a bad guy), there is:
--Throw Knife
--Tackle
--Free-Run

The thing in the bottom-left is weapon select I believe, because if you notice, there's four images:
--Hands ( i think it's switchblade)
--two swords crossed (maybe the short sword)
--Assassin's Knife
--I don't know what the top one is, maybe it's just no weapon.

And to the monk question, you can do sidequests with other factions notice the s is bold, so im guessing yeah. not sure though

nice, thank you.

but,

"--Hands ( i think it's switchblade)
--Assassin's Knife"

same thing?

spazzoo1025
07-13-2007, 06:20 PM
might b idk

Lordgrunty11
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
no in this video (http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1) he gets into a fist fight after pickpocketing someone so there are just plain fists. it starts at 15:45

KnightTemplar45
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM
The two knives crossed is the Throwing knives I think. Then theres one that's just the hilt of a sword which I think is the Longsword. Then there's the tip of a blade, and I think that's the hidden blade. I couldn't tell what the other one's were.

SpiderFreak
07-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to just walk up to a random guy and then punch him in the face.

On topic, I assume that either the game simply lets you "blend" in any environment and whether it works or not is based on what you do and where you go (i.e. if you're "blending" on a rooftop or in someone's bedroom, it's not likely to work), or it was a glitch, seeing as it's still a WIP.

Although that option to put things into a blender sounds awesome.

kppgno80
07-13-2007, 10:53 PM
i think lord gruny is right, i think its to act like how people are around you.... like in the other video when they showed altair sitting down...maybe that was one of the "Blend" commands....or maybe if your near a shopkeeper you can make it seem like your talking to them

but i really think "blend" is to blend in with the crowd...and when he sat...i really really 100% sure think its a blend move

sireatsalot91
07-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Could you blend with the gaurds, cus that would be some serious social stealth goin on right there or if you could blend with the poor people so gaurds think your bum. that wouldn't be to hard for to do, lol.