PDA

View Full Version : KIELHAULER1961: THANKS !!!

wsony12
06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
KIELHAULER1961: thanks !! thanks to you, for setting me on the right track about the symbols being a 'snap-shot', i've finally locked on to an enemy merchant-man, in the dark; i don't have the manual, and am having trouble using pdf files, as the manual is on the dvd; there's a pretty good walkthrough that's helping me some; i was going to send you a private message, but i don't know how, yet. i'm an old dude, as i played sid meier's silent service in 1988, and it was one of the most memorable video games i've played, and that is quite a few.

wsony12
06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
KIELHAULER1961: thanks !! thanks to you, for setting me on the right track about the symbols being a 'snap-shot', i've finally locked on to an enemy merchant-man, in the dark; i don't have the manual, and am having trouble using pdf files, as the manual is on the dvd; there's a pretty good walkthrough that's helping me some; i was going to send you a private message, but i don't know how, yet. i'm an old dude, as i played sid meier's silent service in 1988, and it was one of the most memorable video games i've played, and that is quite a few.

Kielhauler1961
06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Glad to hear you're getting the hang of it. Don't bother with the manual that comes with the game, it's almost completely useless. Click on the link I sent in my reply to your previous post.

The community manual is full of useful hints and tips, written by those who actually play the game. Also, when you've gotten a bit more familiar with SH3, try some of the fantastic mods available, like SH3 Commander, GWX2.1 etc..

As for being an "old dude", I've still got my BBC B micro computer and a copy of Elite from 1984! Play it every few years or so. Ah, the nostalgia. I bet those Thargoids would give a 1944 tin-can a run for its money!

Welcome aboard!

fyrebird68
06-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I noticed that the community manual wsa no longer being updated. I inferred that this means it could disappear. I DL'ed it and PDF'ed the files.

Anyboy wants one, I'll email it to you as long as your inbox can absorb it.

Bob