PDA

View Full Version : error when beginning a multiplayer game

Smithers434
05-30-2011, 12:03 AM
so everytime i click on the 'start matchmaking' button while playing the PC version of conviction purchased from steam the game quits and shows me a long error message..any way to fix this?

KingDaniel0
05-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by smithers434:
so everytime i click on the 'start matchmaking' button while playing the PC version of conviction purchased from steam the game quits and shows me a long error message..any way to fix this?

Are you getting a General Protection Fault/GPF error, when you play Co-Op, or the MP/Online part of Conviction ?

Click on this image URL:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fwlhue.jpg

This is a Known Windows OS error, the cause of which can vary.

Do you have a Web Camera or any Mic ? Try plugging in some Webcam or a MIC/microphone, to overcome the MP 'General Protection Fault' error. This is a Temp workaround for this Error. If you are getting some other Error Message, then kindly let me know.

--------------------------------------------

Smithers434
05-30-2011, 08:51 AM
that is exactly what im getting! i have windows 7 and can play crisis 2 at the highest graphics (so i have a good computer) so not sure what the problem is but ill plug in my mic and se if that works thanks.

viionx
05-30-2011, 02:51 PM
My friend is getting a similar error but with a different history (same error title), very frustrating is this, tried everything possible.

Smithers434
05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I plugged in a mic and it worked great thanks!

justinpunny
06-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Update! it again works for MP,, Just try using any Mic or a Webcamera as told above.

thanks.