PDA

View Full Version : Armor of Brutus

ricardotheman
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi, I wonder what ever happened to the armor of Brutus in ACR. I know Armor of Altair became lost (Spoiler Alert) during the assault on Monterigioni. But what happened to it in brotherhood, was the armor of brutus no-cannon or what? Anyway super hyped to get ACR=D

Razrback16
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd love to know the answer to this as well. Is what Ezio is wearing a "modified" version of Brutus armor? I wish they'd explain these things...

ElleCore
11-17-2011, 04:03 PM
The armor doesn't appear in Revelations, and there's no explanation to how it disappeared.

But it does make an appearance as an Outfit. Though it's only for cosmetics.

Razrback16
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I had wondered if it was a modded version since the armor he's wearing has fur on it like the Brutus armor did...I'm currently playing a loaned copy on a crappy XBOX and so far no explanation at all (I'm about 30% through the game).

mr_doom1987
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
The Armor of Brutus is c**p, I would NEVER wear it as an outifit. Thank God Ubisoft made the Armor of Ishak Pasha 10 times cooler. Just compare:http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118153111/assassinscreed/images/1/13/Ishak_Pasha_Armor.jpg http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110327053504/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png

SixKeys
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I think they're both terrible, TBH. What is up with the WoW-type ridiculously overdone arm and shoulder plates?

mr_doom1987
11-18-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjEHXggv_zY, it's really not that bad. Ok, it is only a bit bulky, but not as much as the Armor of Brutus.

SixKeys
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM
I just don't get why they think "ultimate armor" has to equal "bulky and impractical". What's wrong with elegant robes with some nice metal plating like the Armor of Alta´r or the Drachen Armor?

Razrback16
11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I just wish they'd explain it since the Brutus Armor is part of the Brotherhood storyline. There's nothing that indicates why (or what) he's wearing the blue robes/armor in Revelations.

SixKeys
11-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think it necessarily needs to be explained. Brotherhood picked off exactly where AC2 left off, so it was logical Ezio was still wearing the Armor of Alta´r. Revelations takes place about 4 years after the events of Brotherhood, surely Ezio changes his clothes every now and then.

Razrback16
11-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I think it's a little strange that you'd trade massively superior armor for inferior armor, especially when going on a big trek into a templar-laden castle in a snow storm. Call me crazy.

sergio_auditore
11-19-2011, 03:39 AM
As for me - I want Altair's armor back. It looks better than Brutus'

SixKeys
11-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
I think it's a little strange that you'd trade massively superior armor for inferior armor, especially when going on a big trek into a templar-laden castle in a snow storm. Call me crazy.

The armor may be tougher, but it's also about selecting clothes that are fitted for the journey. Ezio needs to travel light and his clothes need to be of thicker material to withstand the cold. Besides, something could have happened to the armor during the four years we didn't get to see (like maybe he gave it to one of his students who needed it more).

Razrback16
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:

Besides, something could have happened to the armor during the four years we didn't get to see . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly -- I want it explained for story continuity. If it's because of traveling lighter, explain it. I don't want to just make up my own reason. I want these types of details explained in the game. That's what has always made AC so great -- epic storyline with great detail.