PDA

View Full Version : Saving/Transferring Pilot Records

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Howdy.

I attempted to save my pilot's campaign record before an emergency HDD format that was surely not planned. I pulled the 'Users' folder from the IL2FB directory and thought I had what I needed.
Once I reformatted and reinstalled IL2, I pasted the folder back into the directory tree and found that the pilot's name and callsign were saved but the campaign record was not.

Any suggestions about just what files/folders I need to preserve in case this happens again? I have pretty much given up hope on getting back the Oberst with 40 completed missions and over 100 kills. Woe is me.

Disclaimer: I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere. I did search the boards and FAQ as well as the 'net for information on this with no luck.

Thanks.
Jason

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Howdy.

I attempted to save my pilot's campaign record before an emergency HDD format that was surely not planned. I pulled the 'Users' folder from the IL2FB directory and thought I had what I needed.
Once I reformatted and reinstalled IL2, I pasted the folder back into the directory tree and found that the pilot's name and callsign were saved but the campaign record was not.

Any suggestions about just what files/folders I need to preserve in case this happens again? I have pretty much given up hope on getting back the Oberst with 40 completed missions and over 100 kills. Woe is me.

Disclaimer: I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere. I did search the boards and FAQ as well as the 'net for information on this with no luck.

Thanks.
Jason

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Please disregard this post as I have correctly posted it again under Technical Support yet I cannot seem to delete this post.

Would a moderator be so kind as to delete this thread for me?

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi rfc

I had the same problem a few months ago, you're almost in the right path, the key folder here is the User folder (i have a backup here in my office...so if my house burns i still have my pilots saved...lol).

After installing the game just delete the user folder from it default location and replace it with your backup User folder. Just pasting one folder on top of the other doesn't work.

Hope this works for you (it rescued my lost pilot with 75 missions).

Good flight to you !

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/Closehotencounters.jpg

"Oops...Looks that the Heating System and WEP controls are mixed !! ": Last radio message heard from polkovnik Lavotchkin. Any coincidence between this event and recent patches applied by russian mechanics to some planes are merely speculative.

Image hosting courtesy of Piranha Squadron Aviation Image Library. http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/index.php