PDA

View Full Version : Same Installation, Different Setup Screen..????

jjtasker
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I fly regularly with several guys on Hyperlobby.. all can join no problem when I host. When HL was down this week we found one guy cannot join Peer to Peer. One person in another thread suggested we look under NETWORK settings in the IL2 SETUP. When we did, we found that he had a different option under setup that none of the rest of us did. He had an area for an IP address visible. We all just had a choice for network type (ISDN,Cable etc.) We have since found several other people that also could not connect peer to peer and ALL of them had this choice available to them (IP) and ALL of them have been unable to connect since HL went down. We made the change and he can now connect, but my question is, if we all have 4.03 Merged..why do they have that option? Is it a patching problem, or an installation problem?

jjtasker
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I fly regularly with several guys on Hyperlobby.. all can join no problem when I host. When HL was down this week we found one guy cannot join Peer to Peer. One person in another thread suggested we look under NETWORK settings in the IL2 SETUP. When we did, we found that he had a different option under setup that none of the rest of us did. He had an area for an IP address visible. We all just had a choice for network type (ISDN,Cable etc.) We have since found several other people that also could not connect peer to peer and ALL of them had this choice available to them (IP) and ALL of them have been unable to connect since HL went down. We made the change and he can now connect, but my question is, if we all have 4.03 Merged..why do they have that option? Is it a patching problem, or an installation problem?

Troll2k
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Some people have it and some do not.It has do do with the machines hardware configuration.I think that if you are on a lan(or single machine behind a router) or have 2 nic cards(or virtual nics) installed you will get the additional option.

It is not an install or patch problem.It had been there since the beginning.