PDA

View Full Version : BERLIN area - "nobody" on Russian side!

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 05:44 PM
While playing a Fw 190 F campaign (Stuka campaign) in Berlin I noticed that there are nearly no vehicles, guns etc. on Russian side!

I expected plenty of ground targets and I found nearly empty space over there. It takes really long time until I find something to destroy (except of target nominated by briefing of coarse).

Maybe it is because of me? I guided my unit during JABO-free hunt to destroy most of the bridges on Russian side of the front. So maybe we blocked Red Army logistics? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But now seriously, I would not call this as a bug, it is rather underestimating of Russian ground forces. Isn´t it?

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 05:44 PM
While playing a Fw 190 F campaign (Stuka campaign) in Berlin I noticed that there are nearly no vehicles, guns etc. on Russian side!

I expected plenty of ground targets and I found nearly empty space over there. It takes really long time until I find something to destroy (except of target nominated by briefing of coarse).

Maybe it is because of me? I guided my unit during JABO-free hunt to destroy most of the bridges on Russian side of the front. So maybe we blocked Red Army logistics? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But now seriously, I would not call this as a bug, it is rather underestimating of Russian ground forces. Isn´t it?

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 07:42 PM
It's not only Berlin. It is hapening everywere. I was playing German fighter(center) campaign. In all missions I found enemies in air or on airfields. Every other spot on the ground is empty. In WWII milions of people were fighting everywere and here there is not even a single tank. Only enemy I found was the flak on airfields!!! That is strange. Where are the tanks,trucks,trains...

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 09:42 PM
It is due to the limitations of the dynamic campaign. Personally, I prefer "man-made" missions.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Dash_C. wrote:
- It is due to the limitations of the dynamic
- campaign. Personally, I prefer "man-made" missions.
-
-

They are best missions of all. No computer can make a better mission that a man.

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 02:55 AM
Well, when you play a campaign the comp won't generate too many ground objects as you simply don't really need them when you are in a fighter. now if you want to fly a jabo or bomber mission or whatever just change the mission pref.i'm using IL2 manager and i before i start a campaign i can set air activity, ground activity and stuff like that. you can also do that by editing the settings in your IL2fb folder as far as i know. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks for your comments,

I revert to what Gershy wrote "can also do that by editing the settings in your IL2fb folder".

Gershy do you mean to open the mission file and make changes inside? I think that this is impossible if I look inside of such file. I can change type of aircraft in it, or aviation unit. Tha is simple (for instance avoiding Jak-9s in early 1942, they were in prodiction from late 1942) but editing gtound objects???

Or is there some other method?

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Why not to read instruction how to change settings for campaign activity?

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 12:14 PM
thanks Oleg,

good point.
To be honest, I did not open Instruction book since March, when I got the game from Canada. I will look into it.

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 12:25 PM
I didn't mean open the campaign and edit it. i meant the same thing as Oleg was trying to tell you. If you don't use anything like IL2 manager you have to go to your FB folder open the conf.file search a bit and change settings for ground activity. THEN creat the campaign.

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 02:35 AM
i'm playing an il2 campaign at stalingrad, and it's absolutely teeming on the german side. one mission i went solo for about 30 minutes; i destroyed one entire railroad car chain, 2 convoys, and ravaged an airbase. it's really exciting to see non mission-specific ground targets moving around down there. i just can't wait until the next generations, when we can hopefully get infantry and other things like that.

err, so i guess i'm saying that you probably need to just look around a little bit more, because i didn't have to modify my campaign or anything like that.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Timmothias,

I think that in case of some missions you coud be lucky, but many times the "other side" is nearly empty area.

But I am also excited now about ground attack campaign (and any campaign in fact). Please see my below message.

cheers

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:
- Why not to read instruction how to change settings
- for campaign activity?
- Oleg Maddox
- 1C:Maddox Games

Once again I would like to thank very much to Oleg for his suggestion. I was not able to understand it from instructions that I can update a mission inside of campaign. I always preferred campaigns and I never entered full mission builder. I was amazed how easily and quickly I can access every new mission in campaign and how quickly I can update it.

I EXTREMELY enjoyed Fw 190 F-8 Berlin campaign after Oleg advice. I always created some movements or positions of Soviet and German ground units often with installed static camera. I looked at the battle for tens of minutes after my aircraft landed. It was just amazing.

Sometimes front-line was so close, that I "instructed" Russian tanks to attack my own airbase, with few German tanks and guns defending it. Naturally my flight tried to stop the attacking vehicles. Even if I was to execute a patrol mission, I instructed my flight to have a bomb load and I changed first flight path point to "GATTACK" from "FLIGHT".

I MAYBE FOUND SOMETHING WHAT EVERYBODY KNOWS http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif BUT NOW IN MY EYES THE CAMPAIGNs IN Il-2 FB GOT TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIMENSION THANKS TO ACCESS THROUGH FULL MISSION BUILDER.

Thanks Oleg!
Many thanks!

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
flyingrabbit wrote:
- Oleg_Maddox wrote:
-- Why not to read instruction how to change settings
-- for campaign activity?
-- Oleg Maddox
-- 1C:Maddox Games
-
- Once again I would like to thank very much to Oleg
- for his suggestion. I was not able to understand it
- from instructions that I can update a mission inside
- of campaign. I always preferred campaigns and I
- never entered full mission builder. I was amazed how
- easily and quickly I can access every new mission in
- campaign and how quickly I can update it.
-
- I EXTREMELY enjoyed Fw 190 F-8 Berlin campaign after
- Oleg advice. I always created some movements or
- positions of Soviet and German ground units often
- with installed static camera. I looked at the battle
- for tens of minutes after my aircraft landed. It was
- just amazing.
-
- Sometimes front-line was so close, that I
- "instructed" Russian tanks to attack my own airbase,
- with few German tanks and guns defending it.
- Naturally my flight tried to stop the attacking
- vehicles. Even if I was to execute a patrol mission,
- I instructed my flight to have a bomb load and I
- changed first flight path point to "GATTACK" from
- "FLIGHT".
-
- I MAYBE FOUND SOMETHING WHAT EVERYBODY KNOWS http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif BUT
- NOW IN MY EYES THE CAMPAIGNs IN Il-2 FB GOT TOTALLY
- DIFFERENT DIMENSION THANKS TO ACCESS THROUGH FULL
- MISSION BUILDER.
-
- Thanks Oleg!
- Many thanks!
-
-
- Jan
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

That's not what Oleg meant. Look in the latest readme file that came with the patch. There are instructions on what lines you need to add to your conf.ini file to increase ground activity. If you add these lines to you conf.ini and then start a new campaign, that campaign should have increased ground activity.

Read the readme!!!!

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 05:42 PM
I see,

I did not know that Oleg is talking about instructions to the patch. To be honest I am waiting for add-on. I thought that he is referring to regular game instruction book - and I was not able to find it in the book. Than I came to idea to look through full mission builder. I think that it is obvious from my two previous messages /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And I like the update of individual missions very much!

But back to your posting
- add these lines to you conf.ini and then start a new campaign -
do you think that I can do it without using the patch?

sorry for not reading "read me"

best regards

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 06:59 PM
flyingrabbit wrote:
- I see,
-
- I did not know that Oleg is talking about
- instructions to the patch. To be honest I am waiting
- for add-on. I thought that he is referring to
- regular game instruction book - and I was not able
- to find it in the book. Than I came to idea to look
- through full mission builder. I think that it is
- obvious from my two previous messages /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
- And I like the update of individual missions very
- much!
-
- But back to your posting
-- add these lines to you conf.ini and then start a new campaign -
- do you think that I can do it without using the
- patch?
-
- sorry for not reading "read me"
-
- best regards
-
- Jan
-
-

Clearly you are not going to look for yourself. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

From the FB 1.0 readme:

You can adjust some parameters in a dynamic campaign to increase performance or to modify a level of challenge by adding the following lines to the end of file conf.ini (capitalization is important!):

1. To adjust a number of planes and groups of planes, you can set:

AirIntensity=Low
AirIntensity=High

In addition to reduction of size of plane formations, on low air intensity there will be no random flight groups - those that are not directly connected to your mission

2. To adjust a number of ground objects, you can set:

GroundIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=High

On low intensity you will see ground objects only in target area and around active airfields

By default there are also ground objects around your route, but the number of moving objects is limited.

On high ground intensity, all targets of opportunity in a corridor from your airfield to the destination are included.

3. To set your preferred distance to target, set

MissionDistance=nn

Where nn is the distance in kilometers that you prefer to fly to your target. It is not guaranteed that there will be suitable targets in this distance, so you may receive missions with different length of your route.

note: adding this will affect new campaigns, not campaigns already in progress (I think). If you want to see the changes, you will need to start a new campaign.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 09:15 AM
thank you!

I promise I will read it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Jan

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 09:52 AM
A.K.Davis,

thanks for your help.
I upgraded conf.ini yesterday and it worked well!

Jan

Zayets
10-31-2003, 01:34 PM
flyingrabbit wrote:
- I MAYBE FOUND SOMETHING WHAT EVERYBODY KNOWS /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif BUT
- NOW IN MY EYES THE CAMPAIGNs IN Il-2 FB GOT TOTALLY
- DIFFERENT DIMENSION THANKS TO ACCESS THROUGH FULL
- MISSION BUILDER.
-
- Thanks Oleg!
- Many thanks!
-
-
- Jan

Full Mission Builder.Hmmmm... lemme think , is not that incomplete mission editor? No events/triggers/random,no script chaining and so on?Or maybe you have bought other IL2FB version.I shall check the local store for another IL2FB version.Thx for the heads up!

Zayets out

http://www.arr.go.ro/iar81c.JPG