PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of buying a CH joystick.

Maple_Tiger
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Since my Logitec Extreme 3D Pro, only 3 months old, is now sitting in the garbage, I need a new stick.

Is there any real difference between the Combatstick 568 and Fighter thingy. In Canada, there is a 50 daller difference between them. Or mayby I should just buy something cheaper lol.

Will the CH joysticks give you better control over the aircraft than any other stick?

Kasdeya
04-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey Maple,

The only difference between the Ch combatstick USB and the Fighterstick USB is that the fighter stick has more buttons. not sure how many more but more. lol. I got the fighterstick for that reason and have all but engine start and bail out on my joystick and throttle. If you only get a joystick and not the throttle then I would go with the fighterstick. you will definitly get enough buttons with that. remember the logitech prolly had a twist stick so you might need rudder pedals too.

OR

You could just get a X52 which is the cheaper route plus you get the throttle and (correct me if I'm wrong) the joystick is a twisty stick.

wait for a few more people to post so you get all the info you need.

goshikisen
04-21-2005, 07:08 PM
I've splashed out on a CH Pro Throttle and a CH Fighterstick. I highly recommend both.

Bearcat99
04-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey Maple.... if money is an issue... then get this (http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/recprod.html) and these (http://www.provantage.com/buy-22043985-ch-pro-pedals-usb-shopping.htm). The rudder pedals are great and with the X-45 you can program the rudder rocker as a switch.. say... for flaps.

stansdds
04-21-2005, 07:37 PM
I have the CH Fighter Stick and Pro Pedals, they are great and I have no complaints.

Maple_Tiger
04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Wow, at ProVantage, the Fighter stick is only 93.85 lol. Thats like 50 dallers less than what the CH sight charges. Kind of makes you wonder lol.

In Canada, the Fighter stick is about 199 dallers lol.

shinden1974
04-21-2005, 08:47 PM
I have the fighterstick throttle and pedals, coming from my earlier F16FLCS, the stick felt really light and a little too easy to jerk around, but I got used to it. HIGHLY recommended.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
you can get them here too http://www.magnum-pc.com

Another difference between the Combatstick and the Fighterstick is the fighterstick has additional modes thus allowing for more functionality than the Combatstick. Not a very big deal if you're not flying jet-sims.

The Combatstick is actually a bit more comfortable than the Fighterstick for most, but if you have the opportunity, get the Fighterstick. This is likely a purchase you'll only make once and the higher-end stick will be more versatile IMO.

TB

Maple_Tiger
04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Well, I have my eye on the one at ProVantage. Kas said that he would check the sight out to see if there legit or something. I hope they are.

EAGLE_34_WO
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
They are legit Maple! I ordered the FS,PT and Pro pedals from them and they were here in no time. They give you a tracking number and everything to watch your highly anticipated item make it to your doorstep. I bought all for about 50 bucks less than CH's site was offering them!

mean_mango
04-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Maple, let me tell you I ordered the CH Pedals, Fighterstick and Throttle from ProVantage earlier this year and I DO NOT REGRET IT!! They are definitely legit, and their price is incredible, even though I had to pay ~$50 CDN to ship to Ontario. Still, $400 total for the whole setup, vs $600 buying them at, say, CompuSmart.

I had the same dilema with the Combat stick, but really, the Fighterstick along with the Throttle means I never have to touch the keyboard during gameplay! Now THAT keeps you in touch with immersion. You'd be surprise how quickly you can fill up all of those buttons with IL2 commands.

I used to use MSFFB2 (which I really loved) and the keyboard, but the full HOTAS really puts you in a different world!

horseback
04-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I've had a Combatstick for a couple of years, and I find it more than adequate; I looked at the more expensive Fighterstick but the idea of having to use a 4-way hat to fire my cannon just seemed wrong. Matter of taste more than anything, I guess. With a Pro Throttle and pedals, I have more than enough buttons to play with.

Either way, it will probably be the last joystick you buy-they're that good, and that reliable. Include it in your will, or your heirs will squabble over it at your funeral.

By the way, CH don't particularly want to be retailers; that's why they have a list of links to retailers who mostly offer CH Products for less than Manufacturer's suggested Retail Price. You are always better off shopping around.

cheers

horseback

Saunders1953
04-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Maple, a week ago last Thursday I ordered CH Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle and Combat Stick. I got them in 3 days-the following Monday--from CompSource, for $303 total. C-Stick was about $87, throttle and pedals around $105 each. I will never look back. Excellent products. The Combatstick has enough buttons in conjunction with the throttle for me, since I also use (Shift_E's??) Voice Activated Command utility, so I never have to use any keyboard buttons.

EAGLE_34_WO
04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by horseback:
I've had a Combatstick for a couple of years, and I find it more than adequate; I looked at the more expensive Fighterstick but the idea of having to use a 4-way hat to fire my cannon just seemed wrong. Matter of taste more than anything, I guess. With a Pro Throttle and pedals, I have more than enough buttons to play with."

4way hat to fire your cannon? Where'd you get that idea? I have the FS and use the trigger and pinky button for guns and cannons. I do have my bombs set to a hat switch though. The thing I like the most, is I programed a button on my throttle to use for voice comms. The only thing I have to use the KB for is setting my IAS for high alt bombing. I still have buttons left over I havent used yet lol. OH, I also hit esc key to refly lol.

Maple_Tiger
04-22-2005, 03:04 PM
I think you guys have me convinced lol. Mayby when I order it, it will arive before the patch.

Jumoschwanz
04-22-2005, 03:11 PM
On ebay you can still find New Microsoft Precision 2 sticks for less than $100. This is the best and most reliable stick ever made for this sim. I have five, one that I have been using constantly for the last four years with no problems despite fits of rage where I tried to tear the stick off the base, no luck. S!

Jumoschwanz

Bearcat99
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maple_Tiger:
Well, I have my eye on the one at ProVantage. Kas said that he would check the sight out to see if there legit or something. I hope they are. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maple I'm crushed.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Do you think I would steer you wrong? That's where i got my pedals from.. I ordered them on a Saturday and they were at my door on Tuesday.

Kasdeya
04-22-2005, 10:18 PM
oh hell Barry, I didnt know you gave maple the link. I thought he just found it lolol. I told him that it look cool and that we gonna do this. lol if I would've read this earlier. lmao. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Bearcat99
04-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Patches & Obsidian are happy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Kasdeya
04-22-2005, 10:26 PM
why they happy? oh what did you do?

Bearcat99
04-23-2005, 09:59 AM
They got thier X-45s and pedals from the abo e sites.

Kasdeya
04-23-2005, 10:33 AM
ah cool. that why they happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Holycannoli
04-23-2005, 06:18 PM
According to the guys at CH, their prices are purposely higher so that their distributors, like ProVantage, get the business.

I got mine from ProVantage, and while it's difficult to get used to the rudder pedals after months of a twisty stick (and not having much room for the pedals right now), they're great products.