PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 1 Low fps on my pc,plz help me!!!

under02
06-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Assassin's creed 1 Low fps on my pc
My pc:
amd x2 5000+(old ver.)
gt 240 tc 512mb
2g ddr2
why?please help me.

KingDaniel0
06-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by under02:
My pc:
amd x2 5000+(old ver.)
gt 240 tc 512mb
2g ddr2
why?please help me.

First of all which Windows Operating System are you using ? And you have a Dual-core CPU, and a GT 240 Video Card, right ? Have you first fully Updated all your System Drivers and files (e.g. Video, Audio, DirectX, VC++, .NET etc.)

Btw, how much FPS do you exactly get, and what in-game Video and Graphic settings are you using to play AC1 ? Your PC specs seem to be fine for this Game.

First you can try to Lower down and reduce High Graphic/Video settings like e.g. MULTISAMPLING, PostFX and Shadow Quality, if you are struggling for some extra fps. If you reduce the Screen RESOLUTION, then also you might get a slightly better performance.

Is VSync ON or OFF (first try to disable this option) ? Do you also get a Low fps, if you start the game by clicking on the DX9 executable i.e. ASSASSINSCREED_DX9.EXE ?

If you change the overall Graphic Quality and the Level of Detail option to Level 1, then you might get some performance boost (but obviously the textures won't look that crisp, and more Game objects will be removed).

-------------------------------------------------------

under02
06-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by under02:
My pc:
amd x2 5000+(old ver.)
gt 240 tc 512mb
2g ddr2
why?please help me.

First of all which Windows Operating System are you using ? And you have a Dual-core CPU, and a GT 240 Video Card, right ? Have you first fully Updated all your System Drivers and files (e.g. Video, Audio, DirectX, VC++, .NET etc.)

Btw, how much FPS do you exactly get, and what in-game Video and Graphic settings are you using to play AC1 ? Your PC specs seem to be fine for this Game.

First you can try to Lower down and reduce High Graphic/Video settings like e.g. MULTISAMPLING, PostFX and Shadow Quality, if you are struggling for some extra fps. If you reduce the Screen RESOLUTION, then also you might get a slightly better performance.

Is VSync ON or OFF (first try to disable this option) ? Do you also get a Low fps, if you start the game by clicking on the DX9 executable i.e. ASSASSINSCREED_DX9.EXE ?

If you change the overall Graphic Quality and the Level of Detail option to Level 1, then you might get some performance boost (but obviously the textures won't look that crisp, and more Game objects will be removed).

------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I play it high except A.A. and the shadow is 2.
It just about 13-30 fps/s.

KingDaniel0
06-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by under02:

I play it high except A.A. and the shadow is 2.
It just about 13-30 fps/s.

Alright. Actually, 13 fps is a bit low, but anything around 30 fps should be playable. First try to set all the settings to Level 1, and then check the overall FPS.

As a side note, just make sure your CPU is getting proper cooling. Check the fan/heatsink, as this can sometimes create a Bottleneck. Btw, how does your PC behave overall with other games ? Do you also get a Low fps/lag when you play those games as well ?

Have you installed this software for your AMD dual-core CPU ?

http://support.amd.com/us/Page...dc646342f&ItemID=153 (http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDetails.aspx?ListID=c5cd2c08-1432-4756-aafa-4d9dc646342f&ItemID=153)

------------------------------------------------

justinpunny
06-29-2011, 10:09 PM

Yes, 13 fps is too low for me at least. For a better gameplay 35+ fps is required. Try to reduce the 'Shadow quality', and see if it makes any difference or not.

justinpunny
07-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by justinpunny:

Yes, 13 fps is too low for me at least. For a better gameplay 35+ fps is required. Try to reduce the 'Shadow quality', and see if it makes any difference or not.

Update: Actaully I played this game yesterday by using the ASSASSINSCREED_DX9.EXE, and the overall Gaming performance was much better and smooth. By the way, I tried it both on XP and Win 7, but the XP OS performed much better.

Cheers.