PDA

View Full Version : UK 24 Hour supermarkets...

Freefall69
11-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Hey peeps, was just wondering if any of you know if any of the 24 hour supermarkets like asda or tesco, will put the game out on the shelves at midnight thursday? Ill be passing my local one at 1am so could get my copy then?

WusQuito
11-14-2007, 03:30 AM
Try phoning them and asking to see if they will release a copy. As it is officially released midnight they shouldn't refuse. You could always order from play.com as they have it in stock now and if you put your order in early enough you may get it tomorrow.

Freefall69
11-14-2007, 03:34 AM
I tried calling but no one answer the entertainment line.

The thing about play.com they dont have any options to upgrade your delivery type, like next day or first class. So if i ordered it today i would get it in 3-4 working days. Im working tomorrow so i dont mind waiting till friday. I drive too so traveling to my local store is no problem. Just thought maybe i could get it just that lil bit earlier.

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by anthony687uk:
Hey peeps, was just wondering if any of you know if any of the 24 hour supermarkets like asda or tesco, will put the game out on the shelves at midnight thursday? Ill be passing my local one at 1am so could get my copy then?

last time i went at 12am for a game all i had to do was find a shelf stacker and say hey can you get .....insert game here.... from the back, it comes out today and its not on the shelf. and he/she will go get it for you.

Freefall69
11-14-2007, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anthony687uk:

last time i went at 12am for a game all i had to do was find a shelf stacker and say hey can you get .....insert game here.... from the back, it comes out today and its not on the shelf. and he/she will go get it for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i just rang my local ASDA, and the woman said that she is in tomorrow and she is in charge of pricing all the new games that come in. She said if i ring her at 5pm tomorrow she will put one behind the customer service desk for me to pick up at midnight! How nice that that! Thank You 'Tracey at ASDA' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif