PDA

View Full Version : What if Ezio never died?

johnnyhayek
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Could it be possible that Ezio and Desmond are the same man, only Desmond forgot everything that happened before? That is, maybe he used the apple to extend his life somehow. It's also possible that Altair and the other 2 are the same guy, however we already saw Ezio's birth in AC2. But, maybe this is what joins all 3 together that causes Desmond to wake up from his coma. Maybe Desmond's true identity, which is Ezio and Altair, is what is needed for the coma.

swiftkinfe
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Why would a "true" identity wake Desmond up?Sure that could be an intersting revelation but I just dont see it about it being plot element.

johnnyhayek
06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Why would a "true" identity wake Desmond up?Sure that could be an intersting revelation but I just dont see it about it being plot element.

They did say that Desmond must find a place where Ezio, Altair and he unite in order to wake up. Right?

reini03
06-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V-rex1986:

They did say that Desmond must find a place where Ezio, Altair and he unite in order to wake up. Right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Desmond has to find the "Nexus" of the three. Not a physical place, but rather a special point in their lives.

johnnyhayek
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V-rex1986:

They did say that Desmond must find a place where Ezio, Altair and he unite in order to wake up. Right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Desmond has to find the "Nexus" of the three. Not a physical place, but rather a special point in their lives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not mean it as a physical place. Only the revelation of his true identity.

Shababa2011
06-29-2011, 01:59 PM
No. Desmond has to find the "Nexus" of the three. Not a physical place, but rather a special point in their lives.

could it be when they kill their final enemy? Alta´r-almualim ezio-cesare/rodrigo and desmond killing Vidic at some point?

kriegerdesgottes
06-29-2011, 02:07 PM
No it's not possible and I'll tell you why because this crazy thought has popped into my head before too. We see Ezio being born! lol first of all. Giovanni was there to see him being born meaning there is no way Altair just kept on living and assumed ezio's identity later. And we also know that we are going to hear about desmond's childhood memories as well as Altair's in revelations so it's just not possible.

albertwesker22
06-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
No it's not possible and I'll tell you why because this crazy thought has popped into my head before too. We see Ezio being born! lol first of all. Giovanni was there to see him being born meaning there is no way Altair just kept on living and assumed ezio's identity later. And we also know that we are going to hear about desmond's childhood memories as well as Altair's in revelations so it's just not possible.

Unless Ubisoft pulls reincarnation out of their a$$.

Sun.Tzu.GE
06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry but your theory is stupid.How old are you ?

johnnyhayek
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sun.Tzu.GE:

I know it's stupid man no need to be mean. But sometimes in life, you just gotta take a leap of faith( pun intended). And anyways, games are inventing nonsense stories these days so anything is possible. Plus, the world is ruled by Americans. It's hard not to think in a stupid way.(no offense to all Americans)

kriegerdesgottes
06-29-2011, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sun.Tzu.GE:

I know it's stupid man no need to be mean. But sometimes in life, you just gotta take a leap of faith( pun intended). And anyways, games are inventing nonsense stories these days so anything is possible. Plus, the world is ruled by Americans. It's hard not to think in a stupid way.(no offense to all Americans) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well as long as you acknowledge we rule over you and have destroyed all the cultures you used to have lol then I won't take it personally :P jk.

Eric_490
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Be happy your not speaking German or Japanese right now and be happy we see our selves as the world police and are taking down corrupt governments.

Be happy we broke off from the British empire and be happy that slavery no longer exists in civilized society.

Be happy the America is one of the greatest damn countries in the world who tries to do the right thing and provide a land for all who wish to live free as they should.

Be happy America is badass.

Sren001
06-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Eric_490:
Be happy your not speaking German or Japanese right now and be happy we see our selves as the world police and are taking down corrupt governments.

Be happy we broke off from the British empire and be happy that slavery no longer exists in civilized society.

Be happy the America is one of the greatest damn countries in the world who tries to do the right thing and provide a land for all who wish to live free as they should.

Be happy America is badass.
You do realize America was one of the last civilized countries to abolish slavery?
And also that America was the country that took slavery to an entirely new level with their immense slave trading right?

kriegerdesgottes
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
lol We were a little late to the party with slavery but whatever we got it done. Also I am American and I speak German anyway so I don't know why that would even be a problem. I am proud of being American and my ancestors but I wouldn't go nuts and say we are better than everyone. I love Europe. It's such a beautiful place. I do wish the Europeans would stop copying every single thing we do and then complain about how much they hate American culture.

Chamboozer
06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Could it be possible that Ezio and Desmond are the same man, only Desmond forgot everything that happened before? That is, maybe he used the apple to extend his life somehow. It's also possible that Altair and the other 2 are the same guy, however we already saw Ezio's birth in AC2. But, maybe this is what joins all 3 together that causes Desmond to wake up from his coma. Maybe Desmond's true identity, which is Ezio and Altair, is what is needed for the coma.

As crazy as that is, I would still really like that storyline. Cool idea.

Chamboozer
06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by mrsemil:
You do realize America was one of the last civilized countries to abolish slavery?
And also that America was the country that took slavery to an entirely new level with their immense slave trading right?

I don't think he was trying to draw a link between American independance from Britain and the end of slavery.

Sren001
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsemil:

I don't think he was trying to draw a link between American independance from Britain and the end of slavery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but he made it seem like it was because of lovely America that there is no more slavery, which is far from true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stowdace
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Ezio is the Prophet, the liason between Minerva's message and Desmond's present time. Now, with his purpose completed, he sets off on a personal quest to understand himself and what he stands for. He goes to Masyaf and learns that he must gather five disks that will unlock a treasure vital to the Assassins' survival left by Altair. With each disc, Ezio looks through the eyes of Altair, similar to how Desmond does through the Animus. And with all five found, Ezio will have his revelation.

My guess is that the connection between the three is the point where Desmond looks through Ezio looking through Altair at a critical moment where all three become one.

Bipolar Matt
06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Unless Ubisoft pulls reincarnation out of their a$$. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as a side note. Not saying I believe this at all or that they will do it. They could say that the Ezio being born memory was faked somehow by Abstergo and uploaded to the memory core as another barrier to realizing he is the same person. That would be idiotic and I sincerely hope they wouldn't do tat, but it's one way they could explain it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

protesthishero
06-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Unless Ubisoft pulls reincarnation out of their a$$. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as a side note. Not saying I believe this at all or that they will do it. They could say that the Ezio being born memory was faked somehow by Abstergo and uploaded to the memory core as another barrier to realizing he is the same person. That would be idiotic and I sincerely hope they wouldn't do tat, but it's one way they could explain it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, that is not completely out of the question since Desmond relives that particular memory in Abstergo's animus. However, what purpose does planting this memory serve? And we can pretty much rule out the 'Altair, Ezio and Desmond are the same person' theory because in all these interviews the devs clearly state that this is Ezio's last stand and we won't be seeing him again (An obvious reference to his death). If Ezio is Desmond, wouldn't he have lived through all the centuries in between them as himself? Additionally and most importantly, Ezio has actually aged while Desmond looks pretty damn young. Reincarnation? That's just cheesy and I sincerely hope they don't throw it in there and screw the series up.

scope2005
06-30-2011, 05:57 AM
As far as the Topic of the OP goes, I dont see how its possible that Desmond could be Ezio for the fact that he has a family and stated that he grew up in an assassin compound called "the farm" - He recalls having parents also.

There is a common theory that Altair, Ezio and Desmond are the same person - using the apple to kick off some sort of reincarnation cycle - but I find this highly unlikely and a bit far-fetched even for this game.

As for the whole nexus discussion, I have been thinking - If there is one event that has happened to both of desmonds ancestors, and also himself...

Its the scar on the right of the mouth.

Its strange how all 3 of them have been marked in exactly the same place due to events in thier lives. So far we have only seen how Ezio gained his scar - which was a trivial fight... But is there a greater reason WHY all 3 would be marked as such in the same place?

While only a minor event compared to thier trials and tribulations, its something that all 3 have in common... and perhaps could be the key point in their life that the nexus relates to?

Perhaps not, as I imagine it to be something grandoise - One re-occuring theme I see is that they have all lost someone they have a romantic tie to?

Altair - Death of Adha or Maria

Ezio - Death of Christina.

Desmond - The *Assumed* death of lucy...

(perhaps that is why Juno forced Desmond to stab lucy in the first place? So that Desmond has this moment of loss that is shared with his ancestors so that he can reach the nexus and "Unlock his 6th sense")

RzaRecta357
06-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Desmond can't be them as Ezio got super old....so did Altair and we also seen Ezio be born.

Off topic.

Slavery is the reason America is "at the top" right now. They killed off natives with small pox and then had slaves do all the hard work while they just made bank.

Thank god for Canada and sneaking the slaves out. Our country....amazing. Free as america and then some as we don't get raped and thrown in jail for a quarter of weed.

Our education and health systems blow americas out of the water.

Our general population is nicer. Our beer and marijuana is better :P.

We make better games.

Oh Canada, how I love you. Were everything America is, just less pig headed.

Now if I see a counter-attack about maple syrup, ice or aboot....well there's that ignorant pigheadedness coming through again! :P

sassinscreed
07-01-2011, 12:30 AM

so you are saying desmond got old( as altair ), but got younger in hundreds of years and then became a fetus and got born again, got old in revelations but got younger again in more years???