PDA

View Full Version : Operation theatre

U-875
11-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Hello,

Silent Hunter 3 is only limited to the atlantic , or it will be possible to go in the mediteraneen sea by Gibraltar and to go to the baltic sea by the kategat and the skagerat ?

Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2004, 09:15 AM
I read somewhere that the Med would be covered, and the Arctic. Not sure about the Baltic, although I assume that if they're putting the Arctic in the Baltic will be covered.

GertFroebe
11-30-2004, 09:20 AM
The Indian Ocean should also be covered. Some boats sailed around the african cape and fought in the indian ocean.

lonewulf44
11-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Hmm, while I would like to see the entire globe covered, I realize thats not going to happen. I would hope that the Baltic is in there for sure. Protecting hospital ships in the baltic in 44/45 would be a mission I would like to try. Indian ocean would be a huge gift as well!

U-875
11-30-2004, 10:43 AM
They had a lot of activities in the baltic !
Many alied planes put acoustic mines , many attack from englishes mosquitos , few attack from russians motor torpedo boats . And Baltic was the sea for training for the u-boot !
Too much submarines and ship with a great risk of collisions !

For the med, the difficulty was the clear water which help a plane to see an u-boot to 10m of deep !
And the german U-boot had a very beautifull italian camouflage !

regards.