PDA

View Full Version : Crowd interactions

GPNM
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I've been thinking...we've seen how the crowd can become dynamic obstacles.

We haven't really seen how you can blend in with the crowd though. I'd really like to see how that whole system works.

Ammario
09-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by GPNM:

We haven't really seen how you can blend in with the crowd though. I'd really like to see how that whole system works.

I thought when you walk normally that's basically blending in since you're doing what everyone else is doing. We've also seen hose you can blend in with the priests. There's also a video of (instead of jumping in hay) Altair sitting on a bench which can be used when you are being chased and you are temporarily out of sight.

GPNM
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Ammario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:

I thought when you walk normally that's basically blending in since you're doing what everyone else is doing. We've also seen hose you can blend in with the priests. There's also a video of (instead of jumping in hay) Altair sitting on a bench which can be used when you are being chased and you are temporarily out of sight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's different. By Blending in, I mean escaping from guards by blending with the crowd, or avoiding detection by blending in with the crowd. The thing with the priests was the only time that they've shown how you can blend in with the crowd. I just hope it's more dynamic than that.

K_Falcon
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
There is he told you the one about the HAY where you can jump in there and stay there its a video where I think Patrice is doing where he is running he goes on top of a 1 story roof and then falls onto a hay stack and hides.

Wanted_David
09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
The demo showed recently doesn't really obligate the player to blend in the crowd. The target (Talau or whatever his name is) is hidden in that building, so the only way to get to him is entering the area, using rather athletic maneuvers, not social stealth.
Back in the X06 stage demo, the target was outdoors and among people, but with a set safety perimeter and at least to guards protecting him from possible attackers. As we've seen in the previously mentioned situation, you can get to him by blending in the group of monks (you know the rest of the story).
So yeah, we're missing a lot of social stealth and "blending in the crowd" gameplay... We can only wait and see what the future holds us.

GPNM
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Wanted_David:
The demo showed recently doesn't really obligate the player to blend in the crowd. The target (Talau or whatever his name is) is hidden in that building, so the only way to get to him is entering the area, using rather athletic maneuvers, not social stealth.
Back in the X06 stage demo, the target was outdoors and among people, but with a set safety perimeter and at least to guards protecting him from possible attackers. As we've seen in the previously mentioned situation, you can get to him by blending in the group of monks (you know the rest of the story).
So yeah, we're missing a lot of social stealth and "blending in the crowd" gameplay... We can only wait and see what the future holds us.
It's a bit disheartening that they aren't showing much of it. Makes me wonder if they've worked out all the kinks.

In any case...it's gonna be something to play around with for a while.

Malocchio21
09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
The video where he blends in with the crowd seems more of a in game movie though because once he moves into the group of priests he is actually not even seen on screen at all anymore...could it be that once you "blend in" with people etc, that in essence you are "jacking out" like seen in the matrix?? (therefore a cutscene ensues and "mission over"

Wanted_David
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by GPNM:
A while? When I finish the game (if not while I'm making my way there), I'll spend lots and lots of time enjoying Altair's parkour skills.
I'll be messing around, killing some guards too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

GPNM
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:
A while? When I finish the game (if not while I'm making my way there), I'll spend lots and lots of time enjoying Altair's parkour skills.
I'll be messing around, killing some guards too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
By the time I finish the game, I expect to be a parkour master...and if I'm not then at least I'll get to jump for joy every time I pounce on an unsuspecting guard. =)

Wanted_David
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Believe me, if you play this game for 10 minutes, you'll be leaving tracks from your sneakers on the walls in no time.
I do it even without playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.
I love in this game cuz then I can do parkour even in rainy days http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

AldirTheKnight
09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
or you could wait for a game of foot-skating 101 lol

SUID-AFRIKA FTW!!!

Ammario
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Malocchio21:
The video where he blends in with the crowd seems more of a in game movie though because once he moves into the group of priests he is actually not even seen on screen at all anymore...could it be that once you "blend in" with people etc, that in essence you are "jacking out" like seen in the matrix?? (therefore a cutscene ensues and "mission over"

LOL! if you watched it miltiple times (like me) you would notice that he doesn't disappear. when the screen goes bird's eye view look to the priests going to the left when exiting the church, you'll see him.

Hasn't anyone seen the video of Altair sitting on a bench. i think it might be on the gamespot video if you haven't seen it. basically when you are out of sight you sit on a bench and looks down so that your face is covered by the hood.

K_Falcon
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Maybe you can make a link for us please.

Wanted_David
09-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:

"foot-skating"? what does that even mean? i'm talking about parkour, not freerunning or that thing you call "foot-staking". either way, none of them are exactly equal between them. in fact, there are specific and unique maneuvers in each of them. there are basic maneuvers that are common between them, though.
just google it. i don't have the time or patience to do all the homework for you. it's really late here (3am GMT+0), so i must get going.

BBQ-Chicken
09-03-2007, 08:18 PM
My first objective after I complete the game is to throw every guard into the water in acre. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Seriously wouldn't that rock?

andy276
09-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by BBQ-Chicken:
My first objective after I complete the game is to throw every guard into the water in acre. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Seriously wouldn't that rock? And just how would you manage to do that?

AldirTheKnight
09-04-2007, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:

"foot-skating"? what does that even mean? i'm talking about parkour, not freerunning or that thing you call "foot-staking". either way, none of them are exactly equal between them. in fact, there are specific and unique maneuvers in each of them. there are basic maneuvers that are common between them, though.
just google it. i don't have the time or patience to do all the homework for you. it's really late here (3am GMT+0), so i must get going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

???

dude, don't you know the movie?

Wanted_David
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
No, I don't. Didn't even know it was a movie or whatever.

EDIT: Ok. I checked it over youtube. Dude, it's terrible! First, it's not even staking, since you don't have a skateboard. Second, there's no such thing as foot-staking, because there are no wheels on your shoes. Third, this pseudo-sport (if we can call this a sport) is for people who are skating wannabes who don't even have the money to afford a skateboard.
In the other hand, seems pretty fun if you goof around with your friends, but still really weird...

AldirTheKnight
09-04-2007, 09:16 AM
that's the idea of the movie and I was just joking around man, ease up

K_Falcon
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Can someone make a link to where Altair sits on a bench I dont believe I have seen it.

ocataco
09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjTrxPQhRo

about 1:10

its just the E3 '07 demo thing