PDA

View Full Version : Ending Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hideru
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
So what do you think?

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">What was the cause of Lucy to die?

Who has taken Desmond?</span>

Radman500
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
- desmond has to find the descendant of eve
- desmond and her will bore a son, who will be the first of the rebirth of the First civilization
- the son will have the sixth sense
- desmond or his son will save the world

thats all im saying rite now

mikeh1294
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
- desmond and her will bore a son, who will be the first of the rebirth of the First civilization

That's what TWCB want to happen, but I think Desmond won't do it for them. They've just made him kill his friend, and dare I say it, possible love interest. So he's gonna be a tad annoyed.

However, the voices at the end seem to suggest that someone has found them in the vault. I think it is the Assassin's (16, anyone? Backed up by the voice saying "I'm an expert on this"), and why would Abstergo want to save Desmond?

Just my theories at the moment.

Radman500
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

That's what TWCB want to happen, but I think Desmond won't do it for them. They've just made him kill his friend, and dare I say it, possible love interest. So he's gonna be a tad annoyed.

However, the voices at the end seem to suggest that someone has found them in the vault. I think it is the Assassin's (16, anyone? Backed up by the voice saying "I'm an expert on this"), and why would Abstergo want to save Desmond?

Just my theories at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well another theory is that.. desmond finds eve or the descendant of eve in eden.. the only place that can surive the doomsday event.. and they will restart and recreate civilization

Slaterxx
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
or..his mental state is degrading like 16 and that was an hallucination..then the others realised he was ****ed upso they brought him to the headquarters..and if that did happen its know guarntee shes dead

Oatkeeper
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Shroud of Eden to revive Lucy FTW!

It can heal as well as revive the dead if used quickly, and its last known position was when Mario habbded it to the assassin order.

Radman500
11-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
Shroud of Eden to revive Lucy FTW!

It can heal as well as revive the dead if used quickly, and its last known position was when Mario habbded it to the assassin order.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i like it.. i like it alot

Keksus
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
I think one thread is enough, isn't it?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/9261071398 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9261071398)

DeSabellis
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
He needs Eve's DNA. By the time him and Eve had a child, it would be way past the launch date. If Eve and Adam were hybrids, then how can they make a pedigree? Their genetics would be so mixed.

Plus, I am sorry, that would be a very bad story line. Remember when it (plot) used to be simple and not ridiculously impossible?

The speech given by Juno makes me believe that she was referring to 'knowledge/wisdom' as the sixth sense. That is a current theme of both Minerva and Juno's speech is that Humans do not understand.

anup1784
11-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Well the only thing I can say for certain is that the next game is going be to based on the French Revolution. The developers (who BTW are also French) carefully planted that hint via Shaun saying The Phrygian cap and the masonic symbol are together only in one spot which is the "Déclaration des droits de l'Homme et du Citoyen". For more proof check this image:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Declaration_of_Human_Rights.jpg

Also, if I had to put my money, there could be one more expansion to series set on French Revolution, coming out next year and the finale will come in 2012 which would be in line with "world ending in 2012" theory.

As far as AC: Brother hood ending goes, I have played it and watched some playthroughs again and again, here is what I make of it:

They have hinted at the Inception "Dream within Dream sequence" by carefully planting almost the same analogy "memory within the memory" but then if carefully listen to Rebecca, she says "Exactly, well maybe"; and then at the end there are two new voices who say some interesting lines and a "No" is said which sounds very familiar to Desmond's voice. So it could be possible that Desmond's son/future generation is reliving these memories. But in the truth video and Juno both say that it will be too late by the time Desmond figures out what is going on, which could also mean that Desmond tried to save the world an was unsuccessful. The gods/aliens must have saved a chosen few and hidden the apple again. But then again humans in their lust for power some how found out how to relive past memories by creating a new "Animus" got hold of Altairs/Ezio/_____/Desmond's descendants and put him in the machine.

It could also be that Desmond was successful in saving the world and he like Altair and Ezio hid the apple of eden some where and then many years later the Abstergo agency gets hold of his descendant and then put hims in the machine....

nightpriestess
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Honestly? I think the whole "dream within a dream" and you're really playing as Desmond's son is the dumbest idea in the world. The main character throughout the series has been Desmond. To suddenly change the main character (as well as side characters and possibly villains) near the end of the series is the worst decision and would ruin the series. They never ever hinted at this in the first two games.To have it pop up out of no where and be like "oh hey guys, Desmond ISN'T the main character, but his son we know nothing about" is not clever in any way.

Someone here proposed that Desmond's just plain insane now, that theory is much more plausible and believable than the son one IMO, OR Lucy really is a traitor and Juno had her killed. I honestly cannot see why people think this is a good idea, at all.

Justin125
11-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I think the person who found desmond was William..he is another assassin from one of the e-mail I read

ExprtAssassin
11-22-2010, 07:21 AM

So what you are saying is an unborn infant in the womb will save the world before the cataclysm 72 days later? Yeah... that sounds plausible. It would be at least 15 years after that his son would be able to do anything at all. And maybe another 2, because I dont know how a 15 year old could save the world.

zerocooll21
11-22-2010, 08:10 AM
....As far as AC: Brother hood ending goes, I have played it and watched some playthroughs again and again, here is what I make of it:

They have hinted at the Inception "Dream within Dream sequence" by carefully planting almost the same analogy "memory within the memory" but then if carefully listen to Rebecca, she says "Exactly, well maybe"; and then at the end there are two new voices who say some interesting lines and a "No" is said which sounds very familiar to Desmond's voice. So it could be possible that Desmond's son/future generation is reliving these memories. But in the truth video and Juno both say that it will be too late by the time Desmond figures out what is going on, which could also mean that Desmond tried to save the world an was unsuccessful. The gods/aliens must have saved a chosen few and hidden the apple again. But then again humans in their lust for power some how found out how to relive past memories by creating a new "Animus" got hold of Altairs/Ezio/_____/Desmond's descendants and put him in the machine.

It could also be that Desmond was successful in saving the world and he like Altair and Ezio hid the apple of eden some where and then many years later the Abstergo agency gets hold of his descendant and then put hims in the machine....

I'm thinking the same thing. Everyone is already dead and one of Desmond's ancestors is reliving Desmond's life.

Who was Juno taking about while you are trying to get to the apple? She was saying there was a person who stood in the way of TOWCB that they couldn't stop before.

Puppet627
11-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have a sound clip or something of the two guys at the end?

Moroihunter
11-22-2010, 09:14 AM
hi there, just new to forum but certainly not new to the ac franchise or to videogames.
love ac...so this gets a bit long winded please try to suffer through it.

as we all know now. desmond found the missing piece of eden, that abstergo wanted to obtain in the first place. the reason is that its responding to the wielder and grants almost limitless powers as well as being connected with other artifacts manufactured by the ones that came before. the device features a map as well.

now...you all know this, the crux is however that since ac 1 the true main protagonist of the series has been this damn apple, you dont trust me? play again. sure we are immersed with altair, ezio and desmond. we are concerned about them since we are put as player in their shoes, their personal feelings and experiences throughout the series move us and lets us keep playing. the power hungry templars are interesting as well, then there are the alien ancestors and the whole aspect about travelling back in time due to genetic memories, the whole creation myth, the power struggle and conflict, the end of the world...thats all great stuff that keeps us glued to the screen but the apple is after all the core center of attention. abstergo puts desmonds butt in the animus to find the damn thing, after he found out his that ancestor altair found it and hid the thing away. desmond also realizes that he changes due to the bleeding effect, he just like his ancestors is an alien(atlantian, or uebermensch, demigod) hybrid of some sort. then he gets put back in the damn machine and re lives another ancestors memory, desmond finally manages to bail out and flee, gets back in the animus, finds out again that his ancestor hid the damned apple and decides to go look for it himself before the templars can. if you couldnt follow me now its simple, the whole animus thing was there to find the apple...end of story. he found the apple and the question is NOW WHAT

and this what the sole purpose of the next game should be(dont get me wrong i want more historic adventures just like everyone else)
there is for now no point in going back into the past since the apple has been retrieved....however and now comes my theory. i ,as well as some other posters here, believe that desmonds trips are happening in the past, while they are happening in our present, i think we play the game through the perspective of another descendant of the assassin bloodline,someone in the future who again tries to get the artifact to stop this war against the templars and save the world. its like an endless loop of finding the one thing to rule them all(pun intended).

of course there is so much more to the story, since it possesses so many fantastic ideas and can be analyzed from so many different angles however, the animus and the pieces of eden hold the story together. they are there to plunge the characters into conflict, the templar become power hungry and greedy because of it, the assassins try to save people from it. its the lord of the rings of some sort. they should just throw these damn things into a volcano and be done with it...however the ones who came before mentioned that not all artifacts can be destroyed. so there is your loop hole. they have their share into that thing as well, i dont believe those alien bastards for one second, they use desmond just like abstergo did...they want desmond to recreate their race so that they can rule earth once again. might be a bit cynical but i just do think so...the truth videos even suggest that humans(that seemed to be created by TOWCB) try to flee. so what i think is this, these beings are just another form of templars, another form of control. lets just hope desmond does the right thing and gets rid of both the templars and those gods.

DeSabellis
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
Honestly? I think the whole "dream within a dream" and you're really playing as Desmond's son is the dumbest idea in the world. The main character throughout the series has been Desmond. To suddenly change the main character (as well as side characters and possibly villains) near the end of the series is the worst decision and would ruin the series. They never ever hinted at this in the first two games.To have it pop up out of no where and be like "oh hey guys, Desmond ISN'T the main character, but his son we know nothing about" is not clever in any way.

Someone here proposed that Desmond's just plain insane now, that theory is much more plausible and believable than the son one IMO, OR Lucy really is a traitor and Juno had her killed. I honestly cannot see why people think this is a good idea, at all.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think the theory is completely impossible. As far as the shock thing, he could be insane... I'll give you that.

I think he is in shock because of the apple, and that by forcing him to go back in the animus, it will take his mind off the present, stabilizing him. But then again, that idea is still kinda conflicting. Knowing the writers, I'm sure it will change.

I still have this overwhelming feeling that even AC3 will not explain anything.

anup1784
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
[/QUOTE]

I still have this overwhelming feeling that even AC3 will not explain anything.[/QUOTE]

I think AC3 will need to put all the missing pieces together they cannot do a "Heavy Rain" on us and also my hunch is AC3 will come only in 2012, there will be one more set in 1790s France/America (Phrygian cap + Masonic eye)

LoneTheSmurf
11-22-2010, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

Just my theories at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well another theory is that.. desmond finds eve or the descendant of eve in eden.. the only place that can surive the doomsday event.. and they will restart and recreate civilization </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not Lucy he killed. Lucy has been captured. You have to find her because she is eve.

todor1990
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Well i think that Lucy is not dead and that templars did not took Desmond.When Subject 16 told not to trust her he meant about "Those who came before!".I also think that Cesare at least survived the fall using the apple before Rodrigo took it and hid it(im not saying he is alive in 2012 but with this wtf plot twists i would not be so surprised to see him in 2012)!I also think that those temples are not meant for saving humanity but for reviving(reawakening)
Aliens and that both Templars and Assassins are puppets!

mikeh1294
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by todor1990:
Well i think that Lucy is not dead and that templars did not took Desmond.When Subject 16 told not to trust her he meant about "Those who came before!".I also think that Cesare at least survived the fall using the apple before Rodrigo took it and hid it(im not saying he is alive in 2012 but with this wtf plot twists i would not be so surprised to see him in 2012)!I also think that those temples are not meant for saving humanity but for reviving(reawakening)
Aliens and that both Templars and Assassins are puppets!

Historically, I'm pretty sure Cesare died then, and AC usually follows historical deaths.

Also, Ezio had the apple, how else do you think he hid it for Desmond to find?

hannahburns
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Okay. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but these are some key things I have noticed throughout the series.
Assassin's Creed:
-Altair wrote the Codex pages (later found by Ezio Auditore)
-Altair DIDN'T kill Maria (the templar who hid in Robert de Sable's place)

Assassin's Creed 2:
-Ezio finds the codex pages, passes them onto Leonardo DaVinci who decodes them

NOW..
In AC2, Desmond is hallucinates, due to the bleeding effect, that he is once again Altair. Altair climbs one of the buildings in Jerusalem/Acre, and finds Maria (from AC1) on top of the building. Now Altair and Maria get some stuff down, and the camera zooms into Maria's stomach, hinting she is Pregnant with Altair's child. Altair is a full Assassin, and Maria is a full Templar. So, they have a child, who clearly has ASSASSIN and TEMPLAR blood in it's veins. So down the line a little bit, we have Ezio Auditore da Firenze. His father was an assassin, as well as his two brothers. So it's a family of assassin's, BUT, as the series is telling us, THEY ARE ALL RELATED SOMEHOW. So back to Altair+Maria= Half assassin, half templar. So Ezio has the templar blood in him, and a little further down the line, we have DESMOND MILES. So with all that lead up to him, he grew up on a "farM" of assassin's, but he obviously had some templar in him. So he goes to abstergo, animus, yadda yadda, the rest is history.. BUT at the end of Brotherhood, he kills Lucy. She claimed to be an assassin, but she was ordered dead by Minerva, and unfortunately, Desmond was forced to go through with her assassination. Now if she had some templar in her, and is dead, then why is Desmond still around? If he has templar AND assassin in him, and he is capable of controlling the Apple of Eden, wouldn't he be ordered by Minerva or such a thing?

If you read what the codex pages say in assassin's creed 2, you'll notice Altair talks very little of his family/personal life, except for one page... where he talks about the safety of his WIFE and CHILDREN. So he stuck with Maria, had a couple of kids with the assassin blood... so is it possible that for a POSSIBLE AC3 plot we will go to ANOTHER family member? Surely, ONE of Altair's kid(s) had his own family, and that lead to something else? And on the floor in AC1 there is the word "Yona Guni" which is a Japanese temple. And in "The Truth" video in AC2, Adam and Eve are in front of a mountain, which is either in Japan, or Africa... So possibly another plot for AC3?

And Ubisoft is releasing a game for Nintendo 3DS, another game like brotherhood, where Ezio goes to Masyaf (the home of Altair). Perhaps something happens here that triggers a trilogy..

For the conclusion of NOT REALLY BEING DESMOND, perhaps Ubisoft and it's developers are trying to tell us something when they mean,
NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.

Or maybe they want to just see us guess.. Anyways,
Game on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anup1784
11-24-2010, 03:24 PM
does this hint that next game is going to be based in France

The Animus Project Update 1.0 will include a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The game mode, Advanced Alliance, will make the original Alliance Mode with target identification and engagement more difficult than in original Alliance Mode, thus providing a more challenging experience for players. With three teams of two players each, Advanced Alliance is a tougher test for players and rewards teams that use stealth techniques to hunt their targets.

Located on a rocky tidal island of Normandy in France, the new map, Mont Saint-Michel, offers breathtaking scenery sure to enchant all. Its particular topography of narrow streets, high-perched bell tower and multi-leveled architecture is perfect for hunters and predators alike to surge from out of nowhere to execute their prey. To survive, recruits will need to use free-running and narrow roads to their advantage.