PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with shop quests and other options.

Six_Gun
03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I've seen a few shop quests marked on the map but when I try to access them they are greyed out. On the shop quests page though there are items listed in red shown as zero stock. Do I need to loot those items and bring them to the shop to be able to do those quests?

Also there are other options not accessible to me like investments because when I try to access them it says I'm disconnected. However I'm playing Story Mode while connected to the net and get all the achievement updates. What gives?

elvindrummer
03-24-2011, 02:03 PM
shop quests can only be completed by looting (treasure chests, stealing from a theif) and having the components. You can also only go to shop quests in shops by the tiber island hideout (I believe that is the name) its the main hideout. Those are the only places you can access the shop quests. Anywhere else on the map you can't access them.

You don't need internet access for investments. My guess is you probabely don't have enough money to buy the loctions (typical for beginning of the game). The other option is there is a Borgia tower nearby so you can't buy it.

hope that helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-24-2011, 02:43 PM
yes you do need net connected to invest,it must be Uplay logging it all i suppose.

just blocked ubi and investing greys out.

investing is useless anyway,to get anything worthwhile you have to invest 1 million in increments,would take ages.

anything else it gives as rewards can be picked up in huge amounts in chests and on npcs.

Six_Gun
03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I have bought all locations shown in the accessible areas of the map AND torched all Borgia towers. I seem to also recall the Uplay Action symbol showing when I first started the game. I don't think achievements would even log if I were't connected to Uplay. However if all investments cost 1 mill and up I can't see much point to it.

BTW, I've also noticed there's a dotted line on the map where inaccessible area borders are, but it seems to be a flawed system. For one the dotted line doesn't show in some places so you have to travel near the place in question to see if it's accessible, and two I swear sometimes I'm all of a sudden able to get beyond the dotted line just for having started a mission that hasn't even yet shown the map/time period changing to open up more areas.

elvindrummer
03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
well I think I'm confused by what you mean by invest. Did you mean buying locations or what? (sorry confused) uplay is an option you don't need it to play the game so I doubt you have to be connected to it.

http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/.../glyph_locations.jpg (http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/113/1136640/glyph_locations.jpg)

the dotted lines are just territories so when you buy borgia flag maps it will say what territory it is for. (at least this is what I believe they are lol)

Six_Gun
03-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I haven't completely discovered what investing is in the game, but it's not the same as merely buying a location. I believe investing takes it a step further whereby you don't just own them as franchises per se, but invest more money to gain more stock in them. Then the goods you buy are cheaper and your income from them increases.

There is a separate Investments tab at any Bank you go to once you talk to the banker, it's definitely not the same as buying. You don't even have to go to banks to buy properties.

Maybe it's that I don't actually have a Uplay account. I always thought Uplay was primarily for buying things with Uplay points though, vs affecting anything in game.

elvindrummer
03-24-2011, 07:22 PM
ohhhh yea I haven't even seen that I will have to check it out and see if it works for me. I think your uplay account is the same as this websight because the only reason i have an account on here is because of uplay.