PDA

View Full Version : 262=Lanze Wulff?

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 01:43 PM
I saw "Command decision" last night, an old war movie (1949) with Clark Gable. In that movie they called the Me262 "Lanze Wulff" or "Lantze Wulff"(sp?), and there was a scene where they watched a movie of test comparisons between the 262, P38 and another plane..P51 if i remember it right. It looked as if they were real postwar test clips. It was interesting to see how the 262 just swooshed past the P38 and the P51(?), cos it doesnt feel that powerful in IL2. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has more info about these clips of 262 & P38 and if they are available on the web somewhere? Tried searching myself but no luck.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 01:43 PM
I saw "Command decision" last night, an old war movie (1949) with Clark Gable. In that movie they called the Me262 "Lanze Wulff" or "Lantze Wulff"(sp?), and there was a scene where they watched a movie of test comparisons between the 262, P38 and another plane..P51 if i remember it right. It looked as if they were real postwar test clips. It was interesting to see how the 262 just swooshed past the P38 and the P51(?), cos it doesnt feel that powerful in IL2. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has more info about these clips of 262 & P38 and if they are available on the web somewhere? Tried searching myself but no luck.