PDA

View Full Version : How Important is the Comic?

samward
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
OK first off, forgive me for starting a new thread...but frankly I have been to scared to go threw the comic threads for fear of reading spoilers....

So last time I checked the comics were all sold out...any one know if they will bring them back?
**And how important to the storyline are they?**

I love how the world of AC is so much bigger then the game, but it is getting beyond expensive....would have been nice if they would have made it a web comic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Oh well. If someone could fill me in that would be grand.

MarleyMon81
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The comics are not essential to enjoy the games. The comics are a completely different modern character and a different Assassin in a different time period. However if you enjoy the AC mythos, they are good reading. With only a mini-series of 3 issues, at least it won't be too expensive beyond those issues.

They recently made available all 3 issues again on the Ubisoft Workshop...http://ubiworkshop.myshopify.com/collections/ac

ThaWhistle
03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
the comics are interesting and have a good story, but aside from that, there doesnt seem to be any real overlap with the games.

SAVMATIC
03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
if your interested in the storyline going forward, then yes. they are VERY well done comics and have some good backstory as well as setting up some important stuff for the next game.

AntiChrist7
03-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Wll they are produced by ubisoft (ubiworkshop to be precise) so they are part of the AC universe. There is a french graphic nove which isn't canon to the AC universe (subject 16 is alive in it, and has a name)

It's difficult to say whether they have a relevance to Desmond miles or not. Some people see in the warning of Minerva "guard against the Cross" a reference to Daniel Cross, the protagonist of the comics. It's possible, but there is more than a decade between Daniel and desmond (daniel being subject nr.4)

I got a uestion to people who have read it (just like me) In volume 2, the girl (Hannah) talks about the election, but in Part 3 , which takes part 2 years later, only then the election is uphand. anyone else find that strange?