PDA

View Full Version : End of game theory

rocketxsurgeon
12-30-2010, 01:12 PM
So, we hear 'put him back into the animus' in the end credits and aren't able to get out of the animus.

Loads of people have the theory that Desmond's been put into Rebecca's 2.0 animus.

One of the features of the new animus was that Desmond could exit the animus. What if this isn't Rebecca's animus but rather another one without the feature?

Discuss.

magesupermaster
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
It wasn't necceserely a feature.
He could have left the Animus at any given time, the team just urged him not to do so.

And it is either the Animus 2.0 or an upgraded Abstergo Animus, but the first option seems more likely to me.

notafanboy
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
it could have ben rebecca´s animus or "the other guy´s" animus . i dunno

Avl521
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Just as I replied to your post in the other thread:

Originally posted by Avl521:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
You said if he's put back in Rebecca's 2.0 animus.
One of the features of that animus was that Desmond could leave when he wanted to. When completing the game, we can't leave the animus. I don't think its Rebecca's 'baby', Desmond's being put back into, rather another animus without this function.

Not necessarily.
Remember Desmond is in shock, so leaving the Animus, no matter if it's Rebecca's Baby, may not be an option.
Just like in ACII. Desmond couldn't leave the Animus at the end and all they told him was that he could relive memories or do things he left undone while they got to Monteriggioni. (We then play ACII without leaving the animus until Brotherhood comes out.) Then they get to Monteriggioni and pull Desmond out of the Animus.
Just like that we're left playing inside the Animus until ACIII comes out. Most likely then the Assassins will have reached HQ and Desmond will wake up and a discussion will happen.
I mean that's what I think, since I believe that the guys that took Desmond are William M. and Erudito. Or even Subject 16 since the morse code on the trophy says "IAMALIVE".
Besides the guys packed everything before they went to the vault, and they had to take the van to Santa Maria Aracoeli because Shaun and Rebecca can't free run like Lucy and Desmond. So being in the baby is very possible, the guys including whoever arrived at the vault carried Desmond and Lucy to the van, put Desmond in the animus and go to HQ.
That's what I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>